Status: Completed!

Last Seen in San Diego.

Chapter 19 //Final Chapter//

The next day was hectic. Everything happened so quickly, but I never expected this day to come. Everything felt as if it was just one big nightmare, but I know it was real. Every painful second was real. Dont get me wrong, I made a couple of friends and even met the guy of my dreams, but it was still a horrific experience. I wouldn't put anyone through anything we've experienced together. I don't regret what I did anymore, I know I did what I had to. I know that if I didn't stab Jaime, none of us would be here. Unfortunately, we lost Jenna. Things aren't the same without her bubbly personality trying to make the best of every situation. It's not fair, but it's life. As I lay here on the most uncomfortable bed, staring at the dull white walls with a sleeping Oli beside me, I begin to think.

What does this mean for all of us?

I certainly need them all in my life, but I also remember their lives not being that great. Alex and Jack's parents don't give a shit about them, Tay's parents still might not have solved anything, I'm not sure about Vic and Mike. Oli and I, well I think our lives are settled for the most part. I guess that's just a problem we should worry about when we get there. The sound of a door opening snapped me out of my thoughts, causing my eyes to trail over to it. I was hoping it was Vic or maybe my mother or sister, but instead it was Josh. He walked over to my bed instead of Oli's which left me in a pit of confusion. I went to speak but he beat me to it.

“Oliver told me everything.” He started. “If it wasn’t for you, Oliver wouldn’t be alive right now and I don’t think words can express how grateful I am.” He whispered to me, pulling me into a bone crushing hug. As much as I loved the amount of emotions he was showing, this wasn’t helping my already sore state.

“Um, Josh I think I got the point.” I laughed along with him. When he pulled away, he gave me a small smile before heading to Oli and waking him up.

“Oli, love. Wake up, it’s time to go.” He said softly. It took awhile, but soon Oli budged, his eyes fluttering open and a smile on his face. Things sped up quickly and soon, Oli was all dressed up and ready to be released from the hospital. He asked Josh to leave the room before walking over to me and pulling me into a big hug.

“I’m going to miss you Oli, I really am.” I told him shyly. I mean, he was my best friend that whole time, it’s hard to just part our ways.

“Oh you bloke, you’ll see me next week.” He told me, pulling out of the hug and giving me a huge smile.

“What? What’s next week?" I asked, confused at his comment.

"Oh they didn't tell you?" I shook my head. "Because what we went through was so horribly tragic.” He said dramatically causing me to smile. “They are sending us to group therapy every week for a month, then the meetings will decrease as they see progress.” He explained to me. Why wasn’t I informed about this before?

“Oh okay then, I probably won’t miss you then.” I teased, earning a nudge across my skull.

“Whatever Kells. Anyways, obviously none of us have phones at the moment. So by the time I see you, I’ll probably have a new one. I promise to stay in contact outside of our support group bullshit thing.” He says giving me one last hug before heading out. “Goodbye Princess.” He calls out before exiting the room. I already felt this pang of loneliness in my chest. Being with someone for months and having them pulled away from you hurts. Now I sit alone, waiting to be released. A few minutes later, Mike hobbles in on crutches behind a very tired looking Vic.

“Rise and Shine babe, it’s release day!” Vic says rather loudly. His tone not matching his facial expression.

“God must you be so loud.” I groaned. “How’s your leg?” I asked Mike. Taking in the fact that they weren’t in their usual hospital gown like I was. That means they were leaving.

“Oh, it’s better. These crutches are a pain in the ass though.” He complained, plopping himself down on Oli’s bed while Vic sat on mine.

“Where is he?” Mike asked.

“He’s gone. His boyfriend picked him up a few minutes ago. You’ll see him sometime next week.” I told them. “So you guys are leaving huh?” I changed the topic, my voice not as cheery as it was before.

“Um, yeah we just wanted to come say goodbye for now.” Vic spoke, grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers. “Well that and because our parents wanted to meet you.” He told me. My eyes widened, what?

“W-what?” I stuttered. I was never good with stuff like this.

“Mama come in.” He called them in, squeezing my hand. With that call, they entered. “Ma and Pa, this is Kellin. My boyfriend and the reason we’re here right now.” He told them. Okay I’m not going to lie, this whole ‘he saved us’ can get a bit annoying. It wasn’t only me. I’m no hero.

“Oh, it’s not only me. If it wasn’t for all of us, we wouldn’t be alive right now.” I smiled at them.

“It’s good to see you Kellin. Vic told us how you were the same Kellin as the one over the summer.” His father said, shaking my hand before his mother pushed him aside and pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

“Jesus ma, you’re killing him.” Mike and Vic said in unison. Mama Fuentes let go, before looking me over one last time.

“Nice to see you too.” I smiled, loving the vibe I got off of them.

“Now, we’ll give you guys a moment. Michael, lets go see how Taylor is doing huh?” Mr.Fuentes said, shooing everyone out of the room. It took awhile considering Mike had to hop out of the room, but soon it was just Vic and I.

“I’m going to miss you.” I told him, cuddling up against him. His brown curls falling on top of my straightened dull black hair.

“I’m going to miss you too, but it’s only going to be for a few days.” He told me, kissing the top of my head. He was right, but like I said before...when you’re with someone for months and they suddenly leave, it hurts.

Our last moments of that day were shared with a few kisses and then a goodbye. My mom and my sister came a few minutes later, releasing me from that place of death. I said goodbye to the rest of the people left, to Tay, to Alex and to Jack. I knew I would be seeing them next week, but it still felt like I was saying goodbye forever. When I arrived at home, I hugged my mom and cried as with Kayley. I was never an emotional person before this, being the only guy figure in the house I felt the need to be manly around them. This was an exception. I was home back with the loving people who I missed so much. The tears that were shared were happy tears, the smiles that were shared were real. I was truly happy back where I belong. I’ve missed so much. Night rolled around, and I was heading to sleep when something stopped me.

“Kellin? Can I sleep in your room please?” She asked me. Under any other circumstance, I would’ve told her no. But this time, I couldn’t deny her. I fell asleep in my comfortable bed, in the safety of my home, and I couldn’t be happier.

I’m home.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

3rd Person.

The promises were kept. The 7 friends always found something to do after their therapy sessions which decreased more and more until stopping after a month. But just because the sessions stopped, didn’t mean they stopped seeing each other. Everything was going well. A few days after they were all released, they held their own little service for Jenna, saying their goodbyes to their friend. It was emotional, but they knew Jenna wouldn’t have wanted them to live their lives grieving over her. As for relationships, they were all running strong. Jack and Alex got a small place with the money Alex may or may not have taken from his college funds. Mike and Tay were a little better, she still had nightmares on what was done to her but Mike was there for her through everything. Josh and Oli, well they were good too. To shorten that up, Josh refuses to let Oli leave after they get into small arguments, but they love each other regardless. Now for Vic and Kellin, that’s something. Kellin became really insecure considering all the marks Jaime had left on his body, but he hid his sadness really well. In front of everyone, he was all smiles and laughs until he got alone. He would look at himself in the mirror and wonder why Jaime had to give him ugly scars. One day, he buttdialed Vic when he was shunning himself. Immediately, Vic rushed over and told Kellin that he would never leave him, even if the sky turned grey or the world was ending. That night, Vic told Kellin he loved him, and he got the same response back. Of course that didn’t cure Kellin’s sadness, but it helped. Since then, their relationship has been stronger, they had a bond no one could break. Like any couple, they had their arguments but it never went farther than an hour without talking to one another. They all finished school a little later than supposed to, but they still finished. Now they were on their own to control their own lives. This incident would never be forgotten, but the fact is that they all learned to move on from it. Tay no longer has nightmares, Kellin no longer hates the way he looks. Everything seems to be working out. They wanted to be friends for a lifetime, and that’s what they got. Vic and Kellin promised til death do them apart. Alex and Jack adopted little Stella, and Josh and Oli moved back to England but visit every holiday or special occasion. Mike put the ring on Tay’s finger and waited 9 months for little Jenna, whom they named after their good friend.

Not everyone gets a happy ending, these 7 just got a bit lucky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guysss it's finally over! Phew, this story was a lot of work, but I loved it and I hoped you did too.

Sick Little Games will be my current story with bi-weekly updates because school is a major pain in the ass. After that, I will be writing more hopefully.

So final comments?

I love you all! you rad homosapiens (That means humans for those who don't know)

-Lissy c: