Status: Completed!

Last Seen in San Diego.

Chapter 3

Today wasn't like any other day, something was wrong but I wasn't sure what exactly. The beginning of the day was boring like always but I just figured it was 'cause my ginger companion didn't accompany me in class today. Tay wasn't here either but I figured she just remained home, resting because of yesterdays events. It wasn't my absent friends that made things seem off, it was the odd atmosphere. Call me crazy but it felt as if something bad was going to happen, I just wasn't sure if I was right or not. I had this feeling since I woke up, so maybe it was my lack of sleep.I had assumed the feeling would go away soon but It was now lunch and nothing has changed. We all sat in our 'assigned' seats at the table, some of us eating, some talking or in my case; tossing french fries in Justin's mouth. It was an unsuccessful event for both of us, let's just say we both have bad aim excluding the fact that we had one successful try. We were all interrupted by our antics by a loud bang on the table.

"Can you fucking believe this?" He cried from the other end of the table. My eyes shot up, gazing at the tears that streamed down my best friend's face.

"Believe what? What happened?" Austin asked, looking at all of us then back to Jesse.

"He's gone." He spoke a little quietly this time, throwing a few papers on the table before walking over to me. He slouched down into the seat, burying his face in his hands. I rubbed my hand up and down his back trying to console him in the best way I could. I grabbed one of the papers with my free hand, observing the large letters that were bolded on the top of the paper.

MISSING
Michael Fuentes, Age 16
Last seen wearing a black beanie, blue skinny jeans, black hoodie and black vans. Parents are unaware of his last location.
Please notify the police or the Fuentes family as soon as possible if Michael is seen anywhere.


Below the text showed a picture of the boy, who looked a bit familiar. After a few thoughts, it clicked in my mind that he was the one standing next to the boy in the missing report, Vic I think it was. Of course that was his name, I've been thinking of him ever since I started my story in english class. It's weird, I know but I can't help it. So both Fuentes kids were kidnapped, I wonder if they were taken to the same place. Wherever that place is.

"It's okay Jess, I'm sure he's going to be fine. Maybe he's not missing, maybe he just went away." I tried consoling him, as well as everyone else at the table.

"What are you talking about Quinn?" Jaime snapped, his arm wrapped around Tony, trying to comfort him the best way he could. I would’ve usually been upset by the tone in his voice but I shrugged it off knowing that this is a hard time for them. From what I learned, aside from Jaime, Mike was his closest friend. He was friends with everyone at the table but Mike and Jaime were like the brothers he never had.

“Okay so his brother Vic was kidnapped a year ago in the same month, am I correct?” They all nodded. “Okay so maybe he didn’t want to be around this place for that time being, it probably brings back bad memories. I don’t know him but if something like that happened to me, I would probably just want to get away from it for awhile.” I finished, taking a sip from the Mountain Dew that stood in front of me.

“He’s got a point.” Alan spoke up. Our eyes connected, allowing to mentally thank him for saving me from this awkward attempt to comfort our friends. “Plus Mike is tough, he’d fight off anyone who would try to fuck with him. Kellin’s reason sounds like something Mike would do so lets stick with that until we hear something else, which I doubt we won't.” He shrugged, falling back into his boyfriends arms. Everyone slowly nodded their heads, trying their best to return to their interrupted conversations. Although we all carried on, something still seemed off. When lunch was over, we exited the cafeteria and entered the field behind the building. Jesse, Justin, Jaime and I decided to skip our gym class and hang out here while the others go off to their boring classes.

“Kellin, can you do us a favor?” Jaime asked to which I merely nodded. “We were wondering if you
could text Mike from your phone. He won't answer our texts so we were thinking that maybe if he sees a text from this random number maybe he would answer, just to give us a sense that he’s alive.” He finished, his eyes practically begging me to do this. I looked at Jesse and Justin noting that their eyes were doing the same. It’s not like I would’ve said no anyways, this is their friend and I’d be damned if I just sit back and let them suffer.

“Sure, but what do I write?” I ask, taking out my phone from my sweater pocket. Jesse passed a piece of paper with messy numbers all over it.

“Just write ‘Hey, is this Mike?’ Our best guess is that he will at least answer with a ‘yeah who’s this?’ or something along those lines.” Justin spoke, looking at my phone then back at me. I muttered a quick ‘okay’ before typing out the message and pressing send. We spent the remainder of the period talking about music or the next party that’s coming up in a few days.

“You should come Kells, it’ll be a nice welcome initiation for you.” Jesse told me, nudging my arm as a sly smirk appeared on his face. I’ve honestly never been one to party, I mean I think it’s pretty obvious that someone like me wouldn’t fit in at a high school party.

“I don’t know Jess, I’ve never been-”

“Oh then you’re definitely going now.” Jaime interrupted me with his loud squeal. He was always so hyper but in a good way, it kept us all happy in this hell.

“Yeah man, come on you’ll be with us. I promise you’ll have fun! Plus you have to attend one high school party it’s like a rule.” Justin spoke, mocking what I suppose was a cliche teenage girl. I laughed and nodded, it couldn’t be that bad could it? They all cheered, hugging me tightly.

“Get off of me!” I laughed. Sadly, the bell signaled that out ‘free’ period was over so we had to go our separate ways. I zoned out in each class, taking every five minutes to look at my phone for any texts from Mike. School was almost over and I still haven’t received anything. I even tried texting Tay to see how she was doing but once again, I received nothing. The final bell echoed my classroom, sending me flying out the doors. I reached my locker where as I suspected, Jaime, Justin and Jesse were waiting for me. Their eyes locked with mine, they had a shiny gleam of hope but that soon disappeared when I frowned at them.

“Still nothing, I’m sorry.” I whispered. They nodded and moved away from my locker.

“Oh Kellin, I forgot to tell you. You’re coming over to my house after school.” Jesse told me.

“Shit Jesse, aren’t you supposed to ask me if I want to go not just demand that I am going.” I tease at him, shoving the books into my bag and shutting the locker door.

“No because you don’t get a choice.”

“Well can we drop off Kayley first? I have to take her home and I don’t trust you around her now.” I spat at him.

“Yeah yeah, whatever let’s go.” he rushed me out of the school. Kayley came out not too long after, then we were on our way. I stepped on the small green leaves that were sprawled out all over the concrete, hearing them crunch with every step. I continued that until we were in front of our house.

“Okay Kay, you text me if anything alright? Love you and I’ll see you later.” I told her, kissing her forehead.

“Love you too, bye Kellbell.” She smirked. I groaned, knowing Jesse was going to tease me about it. Of course I was right.

“Kellbell?” He laughed.

“Shut the fuck up Lawson, lets go.” I growled at him, walking past his laughing fit. “It wasn’t even that funny.”

“Aw Kellbell it was cute, don’t be mad at me.” I flip him off, looking across the street at Tay’s house. It just clicked in my head that Daniel didn’t walk with us today either. I shook it off as family business and continued walking. Arriving at Jesse’s house, I was pulled into a spine breaking hug.

“Oh Kellin, it’s so good to see you. It’s been so long.” A high pitched voice said.

“Nice to see you too Mrs.Lawson.” I greet his mother, blowing her red hair out of my face.

“Sorry about that, anyways dinner will be ready in a few.” She said, shooing us out of the living area and into Jesse’s room. It wasn’t a huge room but I guess the posters that covered the wall made it seem so small. Just like any other teenage boys room, it was messy but not so much. We finished up our homework, played a few video games, ate dinner, and talked about the party. I was still a bit skeptical on going but it seems as if I had no choice. The time on my phone read 9pm, but I still haven’t received any messages from Mike or Tay. It was already getting late so I might as well go home anyways.

“Hey I think I should get going, it's getting late." I told Jesse, lifting myself up from the couch.

"Do you need a ride or anything? I could ask my mom." He offered, but I politely declined.

"Nah it's okay, thanks though. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I tell Jesse, walking out of the house after thanking Mrs.Lawson for having me over. His house was sort of far from mine but I didn’t mind walking. I had my head lifted up high, looking at the beautiful stars. I was always interested in them for some reason. The loud ringing of my phone snapped me out of my daze, also scaring me in the process.

“Hello?” I spoke.

“Kellin! Where are you? Is Taylor with you? You better not be hiding her again." She screamed at me.

"Ma I was at Jesse's house and no I'm not with Tay, she didn't show up today." I told her, reassuring her that I was fine.

"Kellin, I think you should come home. There’s something I need to tell you.” Her voice cracked, she sounded scared and I didn’t like that tone at all.

“Mom are you okay?” I ask worriedly, my heart thumping hard against my chest.

“Just hurry up and come home please.” And with that the dial tone filled my ears. I slid my phone into my back pocket, picking up my pace and hurrying home. The first thought that came to my mind was that something happened to Kayley. So many horrible possibilities rummaged through my mind, causing my vision to blur, causing me to not be aware of my surroundings. I stopped in my tracks, wiping away the tears, regaining my composure but I felt as if that was a big mistake. I didn’t notice the dark blue van pull up behind me nor did I notice someone come out from it. I fought back against the arms that were wrapped tightly around my figure, the grip to strong for me to pull myself out of.

“Let go of me!” I snapped, turning around to reveal the masked murderer. His grip never softened it only got stronger, causing me to scream out in pain. “Someone help please.” My screams set off a fire in my throat, burning the sides as each word flew off of my tongue. I kicked the mysterious man, hearing him groan in pain, having him release me. I was free from his deathly grip but I couldn’t run away. I was frozen, my body suddenly went numb as I felt a small pinch coming from my left leg. Too weak to fight back, my vision slowly blurring but I was able to make out the license plate. My weak state allowed the man to open the back of his trunk, throwing me inside. “Please let me go!” I screamed, although it came out like a whisper.

“Ke- Kellin?” I heard a weak raspy voice come from beside me. As fucked up and drugged as I am, I could recognize that broken voice.

“Tay?” the words slipped out of my mouth before I fell unconscious with a pain hitting the side of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so just to make it clear! For some reason this story takes place in 2010 ._. I don't know why but that's the year so last chapter when it mentioned the kidnappee's and it said '09 that meant 2009 in case anyone was confused. Okay okay! Here ya go!

Story Time:
I'm sorry it's short but I didn't want to reveal so much and I have school work to do soooo heres what I can give you today.So....Where are they being taken?! What was Kellin's mom going to tell him? Although it's honestly not important. Is Mike even alive anymore? Dunnn Dunnn Dunn so many questions.

Comment what you guys think so far! Thank you for reading anyways! Love ya!

~Lissyc: