ToSS Rewrite

Chapter 2 remastered

Quiz Start: As you all climbed the steps you glanced back at your friends.
"Are you all okay? I didn't see much of the fight, but..."
"We're fine." Lloyd assured confidently. "No one was hurt too badly."
"Too badly," you repeat. Lloyd shrugged. A chant moved through your head, one you'd tried before but never had much success with. You murmur it under your breath as you reach the top of the steps, then whisper,
"Nurse." Green light flowed out from around your feet, surrounding everyone momentarily before vanishing.
"What was that?" Genis yelped.
"Hey, that cut on my hand is gone," Colette said. She smiled excitedly at you, "Wow, was that you? When did you learn that?"
"I've been trying to remember it for a while," you say, grateful that the pain in your back had subsided, "But I've never been able to get it to work so well before now."
"I'm glad you know it, healing's a really important skill," Lloyd said.
"Agreed," Kratos said over his shoulder. "And from what I've heard, 'nurse' is an advanced spell."
An old woman you had seen around the village before hobbled to greet you, hugging Colette gratefully before turning to Kratos.
"How can I ever thank you all for saving the Chosen?" asked Phaidra.
Kratos glanced at you, then Colette. "So, this girl is the next Chosen?"
The blonde looked at him and nodded, but before she could speak Genis started, "Colette, don't you need to--"
"That's right!" She gasped. She turned to Phaidra, "Grandmother, I’m going to undergo the trial now."
"What trial?" Lloyd asked. The term 'trial' made you feel a bit uneasy, though it didn't come as a surprise that Colette couldn't simply walk into the temple and accept the oracle.
"Monsters, I would assume." Kratos folded his arms and regarded the doorway. "An evil presence radiates from inside the chapel."
"I knew I felt something... But I thought this chapel was a holy place," you say.
"It is," he said, glancing at you. "But at the time of the Oracle monsters are drawn here as a test of dedication and strength for the Chosen one."
"Yes, that's just it," Phaidra said, her expression unhappy and worried. "The Chosen one is to receive judgment from heaven. But... The priests that were to accompany her fell at the hands of the Desians."
"Then I'll take on the job of guarding Colette!" Lloyd said without hesitation.
"Lloyd...?" Phaidra asked, looking at him with part fondness and part uncertainty. "I would be uneasy with just you."
"Your name...is Lloyd?" Kratos asked, sounding almost interested.
"Yeah." Lloyd quirked a brow at him. "But who are you to ask for my name?" Kratos frowned at him and then looked at you.
"And yours is Aura."
You nod, turning away from his gaze to look at Phaidra before he could meet your eyes again. "Phaidra, I'll go with Colette."
"Aura?" The old woman asked.
"I'm a skilled fighter, and I know healing magic," you say, "I did a bit of mercenary work before I came to Iselia. This temple feels familiar to me, too, somehow, and I'd like a chance to see it closer."
"I suppose you're right," the old woman nodded, smiling gratefully at you. "Thank you Aura... But even if you are experienced, you're still so young. Even you would still need help."
Lloyd started to open his mouth.
"I am Kratos," the Mercenary said, to Phaidra. "And, as long as you can pay me, I'll accept the job of guarding the Chosen."
"Ah, a mercenary," Phaidra said. The swordsman nodded. Mercenary? That didn't quite sit right with you, similar to the way the story Raine told earlier had felt strange. "Well, under the circumstances, I have little choice. Please be of service." The woman looked between you and the mercenary then asked, "Is Aura's assistance alright with you?"
The mercenary glanced at you, then turned to Colette. "...Yes. We should go, Chosen one. The sooner we get through, the better."
"Wait, I'm coming too!" Lloyd insisted, frowning at how easily Phaidra trusted Kratos.
"No, you'll get in the way," Kratos said simply, his doubt in Lloyd's abilities evident. "Be a good boy and go home."
Lloyd looked ready to throw some sort of remark, but instead smiled. "Fine, I'll just follow you on my own!"
Kratos frowned. "You really are stubborn, aren't you?" He shrugged, not willing to waste the effort arguing, "Fine. Do as you wish."
"I'll do just that!" Lloyd turned to his friend, "Come on, Genis."
"...I had a feeling you would say that," Genis said with a good-natured sigh. Kratos rested his hand comfortably on the hilt of his sword and turned towards the chapel entrance, nodding for you and Colette to follow him.
"This isn't a field trip, you know," he said over his shoulder.

Inside of the temple seemed much less familiar than the outside. Walking down the stairs into the central chamber didn't do much for your memory, though you had a nagging feeling that the rightmost pathway was important somehow.
"Lloyd, are your sword techniques self-taught?" Kratos asked the boy.
"Yeah. Why?" The mercenary glanced at the boy's twin blades before pulling a thin, worn manual out of his pocket.
"If you're going to use a sword, you should at least learn the basics," he said bluntly. "You want to protect the Chosen, don't you?"
"Grr...acting like he knows so much." Lloyd growled.
"And what of you, Aura? You use a," he paused, "Double-edged sword, like mine."
"I don't know where I learned my techniques," you say, "I just...know them. Almost like instinct. But I use a naginata, not a sword." He frowned slightly, "You'll see later."
"Hm... Either way, it wouldn't hurt for you to look through that book as well."
"Alright." You were more than willing to accept that your fighting style could be improved on, though Kratos had definitely told you so in a much nicer way than he had Lloyd.
"Which way should we go?" Colette asked, looking around her.
"Hmm..." Lloyd moved towards the staircase directly opposite the entrance, looking around for monsters
"I think we should go this way first," you say, moving towards the right.
"Why that way?" Genis asked.
"I can't say, really. This place feels familiar... Perhaps I've been here before."
"The temple is closed to civilians," Colette said. "How could you have been here before?"
"I didn't break in, if that's what you're asking," you say with a small laugh. "I just have a feeling is all. It might be nothing."
"Well, we've got nothing else to go on," Lloyd said, "Let's go your way."

The short hallway led to a narrow stairwell, dropping down into a large room. The floor divided into two levels, one a made of glass with holes missing in the floor, the other a series of narrow pathways that ran below it. A large ring waited, suspended above a pedestal, in a recess behind you, the narrow pathway below the glass floor appearing to be the only way to reach it.
"Look, there," you say, pointing towards the ring.
"Wow. Look at how it's glowing," Genis said.
"Let's go see it!" Lloyd said excitedly.
"It looks like something's already here," Colette said, approaching a golem monster that stood with its back to her.
"Look out!" Kratos yelled, dashing over.
Though the golem's stone skin made for an arduous fight, its movements were heavy and slow, making it easy to dodge. Genis struck the last blow with a volley of fireballs, and as the golem died it folded down. A moment later the seams vanished, leaving it a perfect block.
"It turned into a rock," the Chosen said, curious.
"Well...It was sort of a rock to begin with," Lloyd said, scratching his head.
"What are we supposed to do with it?" You ask, "There has to be a reason it turned into this block, don't you think?"
Kratos approached the stone, looking between it and the holes in the floor. "Perhaps..." he mumbled.
"Perhaps wh--" Colette began, taking a step forward. You weren't entirely sure how her foot flew out from under her the way it did, but Colette went sprawling forward none the less. She hit the block hard enough to push it forward into the hole that Kratos had been examining, and while it fell everyone sighed. You watched the rock fall and land in the narrow pathway below, filling a hole and making the path passable.
"...I see" Kratos mumbled with a slight nod.
"Ah, I understand," you say.
"I get it." Genis agreed, nodding at you. Colette and Lloyd looked between all of you as he helped the Chosen up, their expressions hopelessly lost.
"What are you all talking about?" Lloyd asked.
"In just a minute there should be...Look, there," Genis said, pointing across the platform to where another rock golem materialized.
"There's another one..." Lloyd mumbled.
"Now let's defeat it and drop it down below too!" The little elf said. Lloyd and Colette were still confused, but they were willing to go along with his plan.

Genis directed where the block should go, and Lloyd pushed. You defeated two more golems before the pathway to the Sorcerer's Ring was completed.
"There, that should do it," he said.
Lloyd stayed close to Colette as you al filed along the narrow under-pathways. They were wide enough to comfortably walk on, but not much beyond that, and on either side of the pathway was only bottomless darkness. With Colette's klutziness you could understand his nervousness.
"So, this is the Sorcerer's ring," Genis said as you all climbed the stairs and stood before the pedestal. "I've heard about it before. It's a holy artifact of the Church of Martel."
"Artifact, hm?" You mumble. The ring didn't appear to have any great age or wear to it.
"I wanna try it!" Lloyd said excitedly.
Colette grinned at him, "Okay, Lloyd."
"You're such a little kid..." Genis mumbled. Lloyd reached for the ring, but as his hand neared it the ring glowed bright white.
"Wha--?" A thin beam shot from the ring towards all of you, causing you and Kratos to instinctively move away. The beam was too quick to dodge, but instead of hurting you it wrapped around the index finger of your right hand. A moment later the light vanished, leaving a small ring in its place, a simple metal band with a flat, red stone mounted on top.
"What was that?" Lloyd asked.
"It appears we've each received a Sorcerer's ring," Kratos said, examining the ring on his own finger.
"We need that to finish the trials, don't we?" you ask.
"That's right," Colette said.
"We'll be able to deal with more kinds of traps and puzzles now that we've received these rings," Kratos said.
"Let's go find something test it!" Lloyd said, moving back down the stairs.
"Hold on, I want to take mine off," you say.
"Why?" Genis asked.
You smile slightly, "Heh, I'm a bit forgetful with small things like this. I don't want to walk out of the temple with it by accident."
"That's a good idea," Colette said. "Lloyd can just use his if you want to leave yours."
You try to pull the ring off of your finger, but find it wouldn't budge, not even sliding up to your knuckle. "What...?"
"What is it?" Genis asked.
"It's this ring. I can't get it off... It won't budge!" You say, attempting to twist the ring but finding it magically remaining in place.
"Hm..." Kratos gave his ring an experimental twist and frowned at it when he got the same results as you. Everyone else had much the same results. "It appears leaving these rings here isn't an option," the Mercenary said. "We'll have to keep them."
"I'm sure the priests will understand, if you're worried," Colette said.
"I suppose there's nothing to do," you say, shrugging haplessly.

Everyone filed back down onto the pathway and began making their way back.
"I think we'll be able to reach the top of the Chapel with these," Colette said.
"Then let's try going there," Lloyd said.
"How--" The path crumbled under your foot, sending you toppling sideways and off the pathway. "Ah!" The space was too narrow for you to try and get your footing again without stepping out into open air. Kratos' hand shot out and wrapped firmly around your wrist, pulling with enough weight to keep you from falling over the edge. You collapsed onto the path with a 'whuff' and he released your wrist once he was sure you had your balance back.
"Are you alright?" he asked.
"Yes. Thanks for that." He extended his hand again, offering to help you to your feet. Resting your hand on his made another flurry of mumbles and blurry images move across your eyes, but you pushed it away with a shake of your head as you got back up. "Thank you."
"You should be more careful of where you step on such a hazardous path," he said.
"Yes, I will be."
"Don't scare me like that," Genis sighed, though he smiled good-naturedly at you. "It's bad enough with Colette falling all the time!" The two of you and Lloyd shared a chuckle, Colette smiling along though she seemed a little confused. You felt eyes on you as you began moving again, paying careful attention to the path under your feet. Glancing over your shoulder you found Kratos watching you again, expression stoic, as usual, but his eyes distant and searching. Some part of him almost looked disappointed, maybe even crestfallen, about something. What could he be so disappointed about? Had he wanted you to argue with his advice, like Lloyd did?
"Uhm... Kratos," you ask softly.
"Hm?" He mumbled, his focus returning and settling on you.
"Could you please not look at me like that?" You ask.
"Of.... Of course," he said, the disappointment in his eyes changing somehow, though it never touched his face or his tone. "I'm sorry."
You turn back to the pathway and move a little quicker to catch up with Lloyd, "It's fine."

Colette led you all back through the entrance and then to the stairs directly across from it, "Here, I think it's this way."
"What do you think, Aura?" Lloyd asked.
"Me?" You give him a strange look.
"Well, you were right about the first pathway," he said.
"Ah. Hm..." You shrug, "I don't know. It was kind of intuition to go right first back there. I'm not sure anymore."
"Then let us trust the Chosen," Kratos said, looking at Colette.
"Right. This way, then." The stairs led to a large doorway, a pulsing blue light blocking the way to the door. The light pulsed in time with a glowing rune at the door's center.
"It's sealed," Kratos said.
"The Sorcerer's ring should open it," said Colette."
"Right. Leave it to me," Lloyd said stepping forward. He closed his hand into a fist and pointed his hand forward. He shot a small ball of fire at the door, striking the seal at its center. The seal quickly dissolved away to nothing, and the door behind it swung open. "All it does is shoot fire?" Lloyd asked as, sounding bored.
"You get bored so easily," Genis scolded. Colette lead you onto the purple tile on the floor beyond, and after a brief, spine tingling sensation you found yourself on a new floor of the chapel, facing a low altar with a red, glowing exsphere at its center.
"This appears to be the top floor," Kratos said as you all step off of the purple tile.
"Yes," Colette confirmed, motioning to the altar in the center of the room, "That's the altar."
"That's..." You say, recognizing the red gem. "A Cruxis Crystal?"
"That's right," Colette said. "They say I was born with that in my hand."
*That's ridiculous.* Part of you thought suddenly. *Well...So that's a Cruxis Crystal...* Your left hand unconsciously moved over your right, covering your exsphere. Your fingers furtively traced the edge of your exsphere a few times before you glanced down at your hands, wondering why you'd done that.
"Look at that light!" Genis said, looking at the ceiling of the room. You pull your hands apart and raise your eyes in time to see a small, glowing orb descend from the ceiling. Your heart sped a little faster, *I've... I've seen this before.* You realize. It wasn't this exact scenario, you recalled that the orb of light had been a different color last you'd witnessed it.
But when the light dissolved into an angel and everyone gasped, you merely stood and stared. A blond angel, holding himself aloft with his great white wings. Part of you had known it was coming from the moment you saw the ceiling.
"What is that?" Lloyd gasped.
"An angel, I would assume," Kratos said quietly, watching the angel hovering over you all.
"That angel..." You whisper, though only the Mercenary seemed to hear you.
"Aura?" he murmured.
"Is that Colette's real father?" Genis asked.
Part of you tried to say 'no', but you held your tongue. How would you know? Colette was the Chosen, it's possible entirely possible that-- *It's not, though,* a small, quiet part of you whispered as Colette walked closer to the altar. *That's not how a Chosen is born...* You tried to 'follow' the voice in your head, see where such surety had come from, but there was nothing but emptiness. Part of your past had its own beliefs about the Chosen's ritual, it would seem...
You lower your head and touch your forehead with your fingertips as your temples begin to ache.
"I," the angel began, making your head throb. "Am Remiel. I am an angel of judgment" The angel floated lower and the Cruxis Crystal rose to meet him. "The time has come to awaken the Goddess Martel, who sleeps at the center of the world."
"Awaken the Goddess Martel," Genis said quietly. "It's just like the legend Raine told us about."
The Cruxis Crystal glided forward towards Colette, touching the center of her collarbone and bonding to her skin with a small flash of light.
"From this moment, Colette becomes the Chosen of Regeneration," Remiel declared piously. "We of Cruxis bless this event, and hereby bestow the Tower of Salvation upon Sylvarant." Far out in the distance outside the Chapel's window you could see the tall, thin tower looming. An uneasy feeling, one of deep unsurety, but not quite fear, settled over you as you laid eyes on the tower. *What's going on with me?* you wonder.
"So that's the Tower of Salvation," Lloyd said.
"Now the world will be saved!" Genis exclaimed happily.
"Colette, the Chosen of Regeneration," Remiel said.
Colette folded her hands over her Cruxis Crystal and promised, "I humbly accept this task."
Remiel smiled, but something about it looked slightly off. "Very good. We of Cruxis shall grant you the power of angels with each seal you unlock. Once you are reborn as an angel, this eroded world will be regenerated."
"Thank you. I swear on my life I will regenerate the world," Colette said, her voice full of confidence.
"First, head south, to the Seal of Fire. Offer your prayers in that distant land."
"Yes, Lord Remiel." Remiel began to rise towards the ceiling to return to Cruxis. "Uh, wait! Please wait!" Colette said quickly. The angel paused. "I have a question I wish to ask of you. Are you really my fa--"
"First head to the Seal of Fire." Remiel interrupted her. "Understood? My beloved daughter, Colette." Your head throbbed again.
"F-Father!" Colette gasped. "So you really are my true father!"
"We shall meet again at the next seal, my daughter." Remiel dissolved into an orb of light and disappeared into the ceiling, the same way he had entered.
"I can't believe Remiel is my father..." Colette said to Lloyd.
"You ok?" He asked with a friendly smile.
"I'm fine. I was just a little surprised is all."
"Are you well, Aura?" Kratos asked softly. You glance at the Mercenary over your shoulder, abruptly remembering that he'd been standing behind you for the whole ritual. Had he seen the way you'd reacted to the angel's presence? He must have if he was asking you that question.
"I'm fine... It's just my head," you reply. He didn't appear to believe you, but he didn't push for a different answer.
"So that was the Oracle... I wish Raine could have seen him," Genis said wistfully.
"You've received the Oracle. Let us leave now, Chosen," Kratos said. He turned to you. "Aura."
"Yes?"
"Thank you for your assistance."
You smile slightly. Something told you that genuine thanks or gratitude from him was a rarity--though whether it was because of what little you remembered of him, or just what you'd glimpsed of his personality, you couldn't be sure. "It was no trouble."
Kratos looked at Colette, who nodded. "Yes, okay."
"We're going on ahead," the Mercenary announced. He stepped on the purple tile and glanced at you like he'd half-expected you to follow him. Instead, you remained with Lloyd and Genis.
"Uhm, thank you all," Colette said once the Mercenary was gone. "Please stop by my house later." She stepped onto the purple tile and vanished, just like Kratos had.
"Hey, Kratos didn't thank us…" Lloyd mumbled,
"He didn't want Us coming, remember?" Genis asked, "Aura's the only one Phaidra asked to help out."
"I'm going to go too," you say. "My head is still bothering me. I need some fresh air."
"Will you be alright getting back to the village by yourself?" Lloyd asked.
"I'll be fine, don't worry. I'll meet you at the schoolhouse, then we can go to Colette's together." You stepped onto the tile and a moment later reappeared on the first floor.

You absently started rubbing your exsphere again as you walked out of the temple, going over everything that had happened. Remiel hadn't quite seemed familiar, especially not the way Kratos had, but you had the distinct feeling you'd seen him before. But how? Remiel was an Oracle of Cruxis. The only way for you to have seen him before...
You look down at the exsphere on your hand. A plain, old exsphere. Perhaps a different color than Lloyd's, or Colette's original exsphere, but it wasn't even remotely similar to her new Cruxis crystal. It was just an exsphere.
"I was never a Chosen," you mumble, leaving the temple grounds. "There's no way... I don't remember a lot, but I can remember that much, at least. The years are wrong... Colette wouldn't be sixteen if I was a Chosen, not with me being twenty one... There's only ever one Chosen alive at a time."
And you couldn't have been a guard for the last Chosen, either. You would have been five when that Chosen came of age and then perished on their regeneration journey. And that was only accurate if Colette had been born the same year the previous chosen died. If she'd been born any years later, you would have been even younger, or not even alive yet.
Both options were impossible.
And yet you recognized Remiel's face and had somehow expected every aspect of the ritual that just occurred.
So strange...

It was almost an hour before Lloyd and Genis arrived at the schoolhouse, finding you sitting outside.
"Hey, I see you avoided Raine," Genis said wearily.
"I didn't see her, no. Why?" You ask.
"Rain gets really intense when she gets mad," Lloyd said, rubbing his stomach gingerly. "I'm glad you avoided it!"
"Are you both alright?"
"Fine," they sigh in unison. "Let's go meet Colette."
"Where does she live?" You ask.
"This way, come on." Lloyd said, turning and heading away down a new street. He didn't even bother to knock as he came to the house at the street's end, and the three of you walked inside. Colette and Kratos were seated around the kitchen table with Colette's father, Phaidra and the Mayor.
"Then, we shall entrust the protection of the Chosen to Kratos and Raine," the Mayor finished.
"I have no objections," the Mercenary said. Colette noticed your trio as Genis closed the door.
"Thank you so much for your help earlier!" She said.
"Ohh, you're back!" Phaidra smiled at you all, "Thank you for your assistance earlier. Please, accept that gift there as thanks." She nodded to an ornately decorated Collector's Book on the table, which Lloyd picked up.
"Thanks, Phaidra," the twin-swordsman said. "Say, were you talking about the world regeneration journey just now?"
Phaidra nodded, "Yes."
"Wow! I wanna go, too! I wanna see Colette regenerate the world!" Lloyd said immediately.
"If Raine is going, I want to go too," Genis added.
"Me, too. I'd like to see the ritual, and I'm sure I could be of help," you finish. *And perhaps visiting a few more temples will clear my memories more...*
"No. You'll get in the way," Kratos said flatly. All eyes in the room turned to him.
"Wh-what?!" Lloyd demanded, taking a step towards the Mercenary.
Kratos stood and faced him. "The battles at the chapel were nothing compared to the journey that awaits us. Children need to stay home." Kratos turned to you, "And your presence would only bring more danger to the Chosen."
"What? What do you mean?" You demand. After how he'd thanked you for your assistance, and the way Phaidra had been more than grateful for your help, you were sure one of them would vouch for you somehow!
"Did you already forget the events at the Chapel?" The Mercenary asked. "The Desians were after you as much as they were the Chosen. If you accompany her, it will only draw more of them."
You wince. "I..."
"Kratos is absolutely right," the Mayor said. "Now then, we still have things to discuss. All of you should go home." His tone and Kratos' words brooked no room for argument, and neither Colette, her father or Phaidra were going to argue with them. The three of you turned and left without argument, though Genis looked crestfallen and Lloyd was more than annoyed.
"Please, wait!" Colette's voice exclaimed behind you as she dashed outside. As you turned back she slipped and fell, nearly tumbling down the stairs. She stood and brushed herself off, her face brilliantly red. "I'm sorry," she said. Her tone and the look on her face said she meant it.
"It's not like it's your fault," Lloyd grumbled.
"Oh yeah. I'm sorry."
"Listen!" He paused, "Ah, never mind."
"Oh yeah, happy birthday, Colette!" Genis said, his face brightening. *Birthday?* You and Lloyd look at one another. You could tell from the guilt on his face that he'd known and forgotten, while you'd had no idea. Nobody had mentioned it in the past week!
Genis pulled a small wrapped package out of one of his pockets. "I baked you some cookies. If I knew you'd be leaving tomorrow I would've made something a little more special, but--"
"No, no!" Colette beamed, accepting the small package, "I love your cookies! Thank you very much!"
Genis turned to the two of you expectantly. "So what about you two? Aura? Lloyd, you promised to make her a necklace, right?"
"I-I didn't know it was your birthday today," you stutter. "Nobody told me!"
"What?" Genis balked, "I'm sure we..."
"I'm so sorry, Colette. I-I'll try to think of something. Ahh, you leave tomorrow..."
"No, no, it's alright. The fact that you'd try to get me something anyway is more than enough."
"What about you, Lloyd?" Genis asked.
"Uhhh, heh." Lloyd laughed nervously.
"Don't tell me you forgot," the little elf sighed.
"Uh, it's-it's almost done." The twin-swordsman said quickly. "I'll give it to you tomorrow, before you leave. I swear!"
"Really?" She asked, her eyes bright and excited. "I'm so happy! As soon as I find out when we're leaving, I'll go by your houses to let you know."
"Isn't it going to be dangerous?" Lloyd asked.
"I'm the Chosen, remember? I'll be fine." She glanced back at the door and then turned back to you. "See you later, then." And then she went back inside.
Genis turned to Lloyd, expression absolutely skeptical. "Liar."
"If I start on it now, I'll finish it in time," Lloyd said simply. "What about you, Aura?"
"I...I don't know, really," you said. "Maybe I'll sing her a song?"
"She'd like that," Genis said, then grinned. "Well, if you can sing."
You laughed, "Trust me, I'm pretty good."
"By the way, you're going home now, right Lloyd?" Genis asked. "Can I go part of the way with you?"
"Sure, but where are you going to go?" Lloyd asked.
"I'm going to see a friend," Genis said.
"Huh? I didn't know you had friends outside the village besides me. Well, and Aura. Say, do you want to come, too?" Lloyd turned to you, "I don't think you've met Dirk, my dad, yet."
"You're right, I haven't," you say. "But..."
Lloyd tilted his head slightly. "What's up?"
"I was hoping someone could walk me home today, actually," you say.
"Why?" Genis asked.
"Lloyd said he saw a strange man watching my house this morning," you say. "It... That kinda puts me a little on edge, you know?"
"Hmm...That makes sense." Lloyd nodded. "Tell you what, come to my house and meet Dirk, then I'll walk you home from there."
"Alright. Thanks, Lloyd."
"Don't mention it." The twin-swordsman turned to the little elf. "Let's go, then."
"Can we swing by my house first? I need to get my stuff."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I can't believe I skipped the "asking to go on the journey" scene... I must've been really trying to get those stories out!!

Ninja edit: Who doesn't know how to spell 'Remiel'? This girl