Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 14

Autumn and Daryl stared at each other for what felt like an enternity to her. Neither one of them daring to make a move and fully alert if the other moved first.

"Hand me the baby." He repeated.

"You're hunting the wrong person." Autumn said. "The vampires you're after did this not me."

"Kinda funny seeing as you're a vampire and you're in a house that's been turned into a slaughterhouse." He said. "Two people are dead and you're holding the survivor of it."

"I arrived here not too long ago and discovered this along with the baby." Autumn said. "I didn't do this."

"I don't believe you." He said his crossbow raised.

"Course you don't you obviously believe all vampires are evil and monsters." She said. "There are good vampires."

"You're lying." Daryl said. "There's nothing good about you soulless bloodthirsty monsters that's why I've been hunting you bastards." "I'll never forget that muscular hazel eyed son of a bitch that killed my family."

Her eyes widen with realization. "Shadows." She whispered. "You and me are after the same person."

"The hell are you talking bout?" He asked.

"That guy is named Shadows and him along with his gang did this to me." She said. "I'm hunting them and so far I've killed four of them."

"Since we're both after the same person maybe we can team up to defeat him that way he can't do this to anyone else." She said.

"Work with you?" He asked then laughed. "That's not happening now give me the baby and maybe I won't shoot you."

Autumn glared at him then glanced at Piper. She didn't wanna fight while the baby was in her arms and her crossbow was on the dresser.

Reluctantly she slowly walked over with Piper. Her eyes never leaving Daryl's. He held an arm out as she stood in front of him.

Instead of giving him Piper she headbutted him, knee him in the groin before grabbing his crossbow and swinging him into a shelf knocking it down along with the toys on it.

Autumn grabbed her crossbow and with vampire speed she grabbed a baby bag and quickly packed it with clothes, shoes, toys, etc.

She heard Daryl groaning she grabbed a baby car seat before running down the stairs and out the house.

Walking to her car she unlocked the back door put the baby seat in before putting Piper in. She started to whimper as Autumn fastened and buckled her in.

"Don't cry Piper." Autumn said rubbing her cheek with her finger. "You're gonna be okay."

Piper settled down Autumn turned coming face to face with a crossbow.

"Give me the baby." Daryl said.

She glared and locked the door before closing it. Autumn started walking around the car to the drivers seat.

"Stop or I'll shoot." Daryl said.

"Yet I'm still walking." She said.

"Last warning!" Daryl said before shooting Autumn three times in the back.

She fell to the ground and didn't move. Daryl walked over cautiously. He kicked her foot she didn't move.

Daryl walked closer and gasped as he was thrown to the ground now facing his own crossbow.

"That fucking hurt." Autumn said.

Shadows sunk his fangs into the girls leg. She gasped as he drank. As he feed he was disturbed by his cell ringing.

With a growl of annoyance he answered. "Hello?" He said.

"Shadows it's Gates." He said. "Rev, Christ, and the twins are all dead."

"What?" He said sitting up. "How is that possible?"

"Apparently they were all killed by some kind of slayer." Gates said. "They must be new cause I've never seen this before.

"Maybe we should welcome this slayer to town." Shadows said with a smirk.

Autumn drove fuming at Daryl's truck as she followed him. After he shot her they came to a truce of sorts. Since they didn't trust each other and neither wanted the other to take Piper they decided to get along for now.

"Asshole." Autumn whispered touching an arrow in her back.

Daryl slowed down and drove into a motel before stopping. Autumn stopped and watched as he got out and walked over tapping on her window.

"What?" She said letting it down.

"Give me her." Daryl said glancing at Piper.

"You're kidding." Autumn said.

"I already don't trust you I sure as hell don't trust you alone with her." Daryl said. "I suggest you give me her unless you want to fight some more."

Autumn sighed deeply before unlocking the back door. Daryl walked around and opened the door unbuckling Piper out her seat before taking her and the baby bag.

She watched as he walked into the main room. "Can't believe I'm about to room with a guy like that." Autumn said.

Few minutes passed before Daryl walked back out with Piper.

Autumn rolled her window down. "Room 312." He said jiggling the keys.

Autumn got out grabbing her bag before following him to the room. He unlocked the door and they entered. It was pretty nice for a motel room. It had two rooms and even had a small kitchen.

She walked to the bathroom turning the light on. Looking at her reflection she took off her jacket turning to look at the arrows in her back.

Grabbing one she pulled it out wincing as she did. Autumn kept the door open and watched as Daryl layed Piper on the bed talking to her softly.

He made a face and playfully pulled her feet making her giggle.

Autumn pulled out a second arrow as Daryl took off Piper's bloody night clothes then dressed her in a white shirt and black jeans.

"Never thought he could be gentle." Autumn thought as he tickled her bell before getting up.

Autumn turned her attention to the last arrow which was deep in her back.

"Baby hasn't been bitten." Daryl said entering and throwing her bloody clothes away.

"Thank God." Autumn said struggling with the arrow.

"Need help?" Daryl asked with a smirk.

"Like hell I need your help you shot me in the first place." Autumn said and pulled the arrow with no success.

She stopped as Daryl came over and gripped the arrow. With a gasp he pulled the arrow out her back and waved it with a smug grin.

"Thanks." Autumn said not looking at him as he walked out.

After he walked out Autumn ran a shower sighing as the warm water hit her and her wounds healed. Getting out the shower she opened her back pulling out some sleep wear that Sita had let her borrow.

"Gotta be kidding." Autumn said finding nothing but nighties.

Putting one on she opened the door to find Daryl feeding and talking to Piper.

"Little ass kicker." He said. "I think that's a good name for you little ass kicker."

"Her name is Piper dumbass." Autumn said.

Daryl ignored her. "You like that name sweetheart?" He asked.

"You like little ass kicker?" He asked taking the bottle out her mouth. "You like little ass kicker?"

Piper babbled before clapping her hands then giggled. "She likes it." He said with a smug grin.

Autumn rolled her eyes and watched as he feed her. "You full?" Daryl asked taking her bottle out and touching her belly.

"Let me burp her." Autumn said making Daryl glance up. "You've changed her, fed her, and held her for the past couple of minutes I want to do something." "Just let me hold her."

Daryl gave her a look before glancing at Piper then slowly walked over. Autumn held out her arms as he hesitantly gave her the baby.

"Hey Piper." She said smiling as she cradled her. "You were really hungry weren't you?" She said holding Piper up so her face was near her ear.

Autumn walked around gently patting her back as Daryl watched her. She listened till she heard the sound of Piper burping.

She walked around the room humming softly till Piper fell asleep.

Autumn walked to the second room laying her gently on the bed and putting a teddy bear near her. Walking back into the other room she found Daryl messing with his crossbow.

"Don't you ever put that thing down?" She asked sitting on the bed.

"I'm in a room with a vampire why would I?" He asked.

"You have issues Dixon." Autumn said laying down. "So you're gonna sit there and watch me sleep?"

"If I have to, to make sure you don't try anything then so be it." Daryl said.

"Cheap thrills." Autumn said before closing her eyes.