Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 15

Autumn walked down the hallway to find the apartment door ripped from its hinges. Entering she found it in disarray and a trail of blood ran from the door to the hall where the bedrooms were located.

She followed the trail it lead into Becca's bedroom. Autumn walked in and gasped seeing the bed with a big puddle of blood in the middle.

That wasn't all there was an ice pick stuck in the middle of it. She walked over seeing more blood coming from under the bed.

Autumn gasped and jumped back seeing a hand sticking out.

Getting on her knees she pulled up the covers and covered her mouth as she cried out. Becca's headless torso layed under the bed with her head nearby.

"Becca?" Autumn whispered.

The head rolled over and the eyes opened and started blinking.

"Why did you let them get me Autumn?" Becca asked. "It's all your fault I'm dead."

"No it's not." Autumn said shaking her head and scrambling away from the bed.

"It is too your fault!" The head said rolling out from under the bed. "Those bastards killed me and you weren't there to save me." "It's your fault Autumn!"

"No it's not!" Autumn yelled covering her ears as Becca's head started screaming at her. "It's not my fault!"

"Girl wake up." A gruff voice said.

"No it's not my fault!" Autumn yelled. "It's not my fault!"

"Wake the fuck up!" Daryl said shaking Autumn as she screamed before opening her eyes.

"It's not my fault." She whispered as tears fell down her face.

"You could've woke up little ass kicker and the other occupants in this motel." He said. "The hell is wrong with you."

Autumn started sobbing as she buried her face in Daryl's chest.

"It was my friend Becca." She said crying into his shirt. "She was in my dream and said it was my fault she's dead."

Daryl sat there and awkwardly patted and rubbed Autumn's back trying to comfort her.

"It's not your fault it's those son of bitches fault." He said.

"If I hadn't have left her she would still be here." Autumn said as she continued crying.

Daryl continued to do what he was doing not knowing how to comfort a crying female vampire. Eventually Autumn's sobs began to weaken.

As her crying came to an end she noticed how close she and Daryl were. His arms were around her awkwardly on her exposed skin while her face was in his chest.

Autumn pressed her nose into his chest smelling him. He smelt like the outdoors, pine, cigarettes, coffee, and a hint of musk.

Her eyes dilated as her fangs came down. Daryl glanced down and pushed her back. Autumn panted as her eyes returned to normal and her fangs retreated.

Daryl gave her a look before grabbing his crossbow and walking to the door. He opened it and walked out without a word.

Autumn sat there wondering if he had gone to get more weapons to possibly kill her or he had completely abandoned her and Piper.

She sighed and walked to the bathroom splashing water on her face. Looking at her reflection she saw that her green eyes had red slowly seeping into them. A sign that she hadn't fed.

Autumn changed into a shirt and shorts and decided to cook something to help the thirst some. She went through the kitchen finding peppers, vegetables, and skewers. She decided to make shish kabob.

As she cleaned and chopped the vegetables she relished she didn't have any meat.

"Guess I'll have to do without meat then." She said.

As she put the veggies on the skewers she heard the door open.

Autumn looked to see Daryl entering with a deer over his back.

"The hell are you doing with that?" She asked.

"It's a deer since you've not fed I went hunting." He said placing it on the counter.

"You hunted a deer for me?" She asked surprised.

Daryl snorted. "Just so you won't be looking at me as a snack."

"Thank you." Autumn said giving him a friendly smile.

"Welcome." He said quickly. "Whatcha making?"

"Shish kabob to help the thirst." She said. "But I don't have any meat."

He grinned. "Lucky I snagged this buck got a year's supply of deer meat."

"I've never used deer meat for shish kabob but I'm willing to try it." Autumn said opening a drawer and taking out a knife.

Shadows arrived at Hotel Midnight to find a window on the third floor shattered and a blanket covering a body. Getting out he walked over and pulled it up.

He looked at his deceased friend before covering him back up.

"Sir you can't be here." A cop said.

"Do you know who did this?" Shadows asked.

"Witnesses said they saw a woman with a bob cut around here prior to the murders." He said.

"Thank you." Shadows said getting back in his car and driving away. "Appears that the same woman is responsible for Rev's and Jason's deaths." "Based on what that cop said it's the same woman who killed Christ and the twins."

"Can't have that slayer killing all of us." Shadows said with a smirk as he drove on.

"For a bloodsucker you're a hell of a cook." Daryl said as he and Autumn stood beside each other eating.

"Though that's support to be insulting thanks." Autumn said sipping some blood.

She was drinking it more for show in actuality the deer blood wasn't really helping her. She didn't feel any better but she didn't want Daryl and her to be at each other throats.

"Well that was delicious." Daryl said washing his hands. "I'm gonna check on the baby."

Autumn nodded and watched him walk away. Her stomach growled as she heard the only heartbeats in the room.

She walked into the room and out the room hoping fresh air would help her. Autumn sat on the SUV looking at the stars and listening to the sounds of the night.

She wasn't alone for long she heard footsteps behind her and turned seeing Daryl walking over lighting a cigarette.

"Thought you left." He said joining her.

"I'm not gonna abandon Piper." Autumn said. "She needs me."

Daryl looked at her seeing a look he recognized. Determination.

"I've been thinking about things." He said.

"You actually think?" Autumn asked.

"Don't make fun of me." He said. "Anyway I was thinking about what you said earlier about working together to take out the rest of those bastards."

"What about it?" She asked.

"I'm willing to work with you." Daryl said.

Autumn glanced at him searching him. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Cause we both want those bastards dead and we both care about little ass kick...Piper." He said when Autumn gave him a look. "So what do you say?"

Autumn stared at him. "Look Avenged took something from both of us." Daryl said. "They took my family from me, they took your life from you, and tonight they took that little girl's parents away from her."

"She's gonna grow up not knowing who her parents are because of them." Daryl said. "After all that I don't want them hurting anyone else."

Autumn thought about it looking at the sky before facing him. "I'll work worth you Dixon." She said. "And my name is Autumn."

"Under any other circumstances and if you weren't a vamp I'd say it's nice to meet you." He said.

"I'd probably say the same too." She said jumping off the car and walking back to the room with Daryl behind her.

"Who's next on your list?" He asked.

"Vengeance." Autumn said. "He's next but we can't take Piper with us."

"I've got friends who can watch the little one." Daryl said.

"Who?" Autumn asked.

"The Rhees."