Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 20

Daryl grumbled and cursed as he struggled to tie his tie. "Can't get this shit right." He said.

Autumn laughed coming out the bathroom. "Need some help?" She asked in a teasing tone.

Daryl stopped and turned his eyes widening and roaming her body.

Autumn was dressed in a burgundy lace dress that shaped her and complimented her figure.

She was also wearing an onyx ring that was attached to her bracelet. Her nails were painted maroon, she wore flower ear cuffs, black flower lace stockings, and the same boots she used to kill Vengeance.

"Woman you look...wow." Daryl said.

She giggled and came over. "You look pretty wow too."

Daryl was wearing clean dark jeans with a white dress shirt. His hair was combed down.

"Need help with your tie?" She asked.

"Yeah you'd think after being married I'd know how to do this shit." He said.

Autumn laughed before tying his tie correctly and tightening it slightly.

"Now you're ready." She said.

He grinned. "So are you." He said. "What's with the makeup?"

"Masquerade remember?" Autumn asked. "It's all about theatrics and drama." "Don't have to exactly be wearing those big dresses and masks."

"If you say so I don't know shit about fucking masquerade." Daryl said making her laugh.

"Ready to get this show on the road?" She asked.

He nodded. "Let's get this shit moving."

They exited the room and got on the bike. Daryl cranked it up before riding away from the motel.

"Turn right and continue straight." Autumn said.

Daryl turned right as they drove on as they continued Autumn caught the sound of loud music. Up ahead she could see cars lined up along side the roads all in front of a big mansion.

"The hell these bastards manage to get these houses on a hill?" Daryl asked slowing down.

"According to Sita and the others they've got their claws in everything from politics to money." Autumn said. "They already own half of Huntington."

"Jesus." Daryl said killing the engine and getting off then helped her off. "You got yourself armed?"

Autumn smiled and straightened her dress. "Armed and dangerous."

Daryl chuckled and held his arm out. Autumn linked her arm with his and they walked through the gates and up to the mansion.

"Invitation?" The door man asked.

"Don't need one." Autumn said her eye color intensing.

"Of course you don't need one go ahead in." He said.

Autumn smiled and they walked through the door and into the ballroom where the party was in full swing.

"More dumbasses that don't know where to stink their foot in." Daryl said.

Autumn nodded smelling humans all over and seeing vampires all over too.

"You see this Gates anywhere?" Daryl asked.

"No I don't." Autumn said scanning the room.

"Well may I have this dance?" Daryl asked holding his hand out.

Autumn smiled and took his hand allowing him to lead her onto the floor.

She placed her other hand on his shoulder while he placed his free hand on her waist.

They danced in a circle like the others were doing then Autumn gasped in surprise as Daryl twirled her. She giggled as he lifted her off the ground before spinning her again then dipping her.

"I'm surprised you know how to do this." She said.

"My wife said the same thing on our wedding day." Daryl said.

"Tell me about your wife Daryl." Autumn said as he pulled her close.

He tensed and his demeanor changed. "You don't have to tell me." She said.

"I ain't never done nothing if I didn't want too." He said. "I'll tell you."

Autumn listened. "Sure you can tell I'm originally from the South Georgia specifically."

"Knew you were just didn't know which state." Autumn said.

"Yeah well one day I moved into a new house next to a family." He said. "As I was unpacking I was disturbed by a ball rolling into my yard." "Looked up to see a little girl no more then nine at the time running over to get it."

"She asked if she could have it back so I gave it too her then she started asking me all kinds of questions." Daryl said. "Then heard a voice said Sophia and saw a woman running over."

"I'm sorry if my daughter is bothering you." Carol said.

Daryl chuckled. "She ain't bothering me at all."

"See mama I wasn't bothering him." Sophia said making Daryl laugh.

Carol laughed softly. "Forgotten my manners I'm Carol Peletier and you've already met Sophia."

"Daryl." He said shaking her hand. "Daryl Dixon."

"Why'd you move here Mr. Dixon?" Sophia asked.

"Sophia you can't go asking him that it's not our business." Carol scolded.

"It's alright I don't mind moved here for a new start." Daryl said. "Mainly to get away from my family."

"What's your family like?" Sophia said making Carol scowl.

Before Daryl could answer...

"Woman where the hell are you and that little brat?" A loud voice asked.

"Who in the world is that?" Daryl asked noticing Sophia hug her mother tightly.

"That's my husband and Sophia's father." Carol said. "Ed."

"He sounds like a pleasant fellow." Daryl said.

"He's just having an off day is all." Carol said.

"Woman don't make me come and get you myself!" Ed said.

"Well we better get going it was nice meeting you Daryl." Carol said. "Say bye to Daryl sweetheart."

"Bye Mr. Dixon." Sophia said waving as she walked hesitantly to their house.

"Bye." Daryl said wondering why Carol and Sophia seemed scared to death of going home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Autumn's Outfit:
http://cdn1.notonthehighstreet.com/system/product_images/images/001/402/994/original_lace-sleeve-dress.jpg?1384841509
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/gothic-jewelry-black-crystal-charm-bracelets-with-rings-link-hand-chain-handmade-unique-bracelet-fashion-women/911041_734282932.html
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/3588874676386828/