Status: In Progress

Childhood Sweethearts

Chapter One: Introduction.

-Samantha.
"Sam?" I heard my mother call from downstairs. I smiled and slid off the bed, running downstairs to greet my mother.

I gave her a small hug, "Hola, madre."

"Hola." she smiled at me, sitting down on one of the chairs by the dining table. "You want something to drink?" I asked her. She shook her head, muttering a thanks.

I slid into the chair in front of her and pulled up a magazine, flipping through the pages while munching on some potato chips that I know were strictly forbidden from my diet.

"How are you?" I asked her, my gaze moving from Jennifer Lawrence's interview and to my mother for a fleeting moment. She shrugged, "I'm fine, gracias."

I nodded and focused on the magazine again.

My mother lived a short distance away from my house. She lived with my little sister, Astrid, who was just finishing up her second year at college. My elder brother, Ricardo, was already working at a law firm and he was married to a lovely woman and have two beautiful kids.

"So..." my mother started, clearing her throat to get my attention. I focused my gaze on my mother and shot her a small smile. "Everything okay, madre?" I asked.

She nodded. "I've been talking to Núria, and she told me that the kids want you to come to a high school reunion."

I raised my eyebrows at her, "Núria? Kids? Reunion?"

She sighed, looking at me through her long eyelashes. "Núria Soler...you remember her, don't you?"

I looked down at my hands and fiddled with my thumbs. Mrs. Núria Soler was like a second mother to me. My mother was her best friend, which naturally made me and her son best friends too.

Cesc Fàbregas Soler was my best friend since we were in diapers. We used to do everything together. From learning the alphabets to learning calculus. We were always there for each other, always enrolling in the same school every year.

But sadly, after we graduated high school, we cut off all contact with each other. The summer following graduation, he told me that he would text me everyday and he would never lose contact with me ever. He was going to pursue his dream of being a football player and I was going to college.

He texted me a lot, but he stopped right after he got signed to Arsenal. Whilst in college, I saw a lot of pictures of him with a huge smile on his face as he posed with his teammates, with the manager of the team, with other players from other teams, even with his then girlfriend, Carla. But he never once remembered to send me a message.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and turned to my mother. "Yeah, I do. Cesc's mom."

My mother nodded, a small frown on her face. "Your high school friends are holding a reunion this Saturday. I expect you to come."

My eyes widened at my mothers request.

Back in High School, I was a chubby, nerdy, quiet kid who always used to hang out by herself. Cesc used to have football practice a lot after school for the school team and I would be lounging around in the library, finishing my homework and studying.

I didn't understand why my mother wanted me to come.

"No, thanks." I sighed, focusing my attention on the magazine again. I heard my mother click her tongue and she grabbed the magazine from me.

"Listen, Samantha. I know that you and Cesc aren't on the best terms. But you haven't talked to these people for more than five years. Just come, for once. It's going to be a long time until you'll see them again."

I sighed and brushed my dark hair back.

"Fine."

-Cesc.
I dropped my gym bag by my queen-sized bed and sat down on my bed, leaning back and checking my messages.

I smiled when I saw a text from my old friend, Aaron.

'Reunion this saturday. u in?' -Aaron.

I didn't have any upcoming games that I needed to prep for and I had a day off on Saturday anyway. I sent him a thumbs up emoticon before checking Twitter.

I sent out a humorous tweet about today's training session and scrolled through my timeline, retweeting on of Gerard's tweets when my eye caught one of Samantha's tweets.

@SamCastillo: got a little excited when i heard martin garrix's song in starbucks...sorry to the lady who i almost knocked over! #soz

I felt the corners of my lips tugging into a small smile. I clicked on her profile and checked her profile picture, my face quickly paling. I just realised how much I had missed her.

Back in High School, I had a small crush on her. I always tried to ignored it though. Sam wasn't the girl that most people would like back then, and I knew that my friends would make fun of me if I told them that I liked her.

Boy, was I dumb.

Now she was a model, and she probably forgot all about me. I couldn't blame her though. She made so much effort in talking to me after highs school and I just blew her off.

I sat up and quickly texted Aaron, asking her if Sam was going to be there.

'yea she just gave me the heads up' -Aaron.

I smiled and tucked my phone into my pocket, thinking of ways I could apologise to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! :) Whatcha guys think?

I know Cesc was in La Masia and all, but let's just pretend he wasn't for the story ;)