Status: In Progress

Childhood Sweethearts

Chapter Fourteen: Getting Feelings

"Cesc!" Gerard yelled for his best friend to stop walking. Cesc stopped in his tracks and turned around to look at Gerard. Cesc already broke the news that Daniella was pregnant to his close friends and family. It had been a big shock for everyone and they all suspected something was fishy, but they chose not to pry into it for the time being.

"What's up?" Cesc asked. He was slowly getting out of his funk with the help of Gerard, Leo, Sam and a few more of his teammates. Daniella was now 2 and a half months pregnant and she was starting to show a little bit. She started dropping books off for Cesc to read and kept dropping hints that Cesc should move back in with her and he knew he had to move back in at one point so that he could watch over her and the baby but he was going to dread that day.

"Shakira has this friend…" Gerard started and Cesc groaned loudly, "No! No blind dates, please." he huffed. Gerard rolled his eyes, "Come on! Please, just this once. You'll thank me. You can't stay single for your whole life." Gerard persuaded him. Cesc rolled his eyes as Gerard kept begging him until he finally threw his hands up in exasperation. "Fine. I'll go on the damn date."

Gerard stopped talking and grinned at him happily, "Great! I'll text you the address of a restaurant and you can meet her there at 6:30." Gerard said, slapping him on the back before leaving. Cesc groaned, knowing that he was probably going to regret saying yes to Gerard.

-

"Damn it!" Cesc cursed as he slammed his palms into the steering wheel of his car. It was 6:11, and if he didn't get going soon, he was going to be late and set a bad first impression for himself. His car wasn't going to start anytime soon and he was stuck in Sam's garage, cursing at his car and frustratedly pulling at his seatbelt.

"Hey! Lover boy!" Cesc heard. He turned and saw Sam holding up car keys, "I'll drive you to the damn place, let's go!" she said before hopping into her own car. Cesc sat in his seat bewildered for a while before getting out of his car and into Sam's. He gave Sam the address and she started driving.

"So, who are you meeting anyway?" Sam asked, chuckling to herself. She had seen Cesc running around the house looking for one of his jackets or shirts and then she saw him frustratedly trying to get his car to turn on so she decided to give him a ride. She wanted Cesc to be happy, though she felt a little pushed out of his life now. She would never forget the huge crush that she had on Cesc back in high school, the feelings never seemed to leave.

"One of Gerard's friends." Cesc muttered absentmindedly as he stared outside the window, "I haven't been on a date with anyone else other than Daniella in way more than 2 years." he chuckled. Sam forced a smile on her face as she pulled up outside the fancy restaurant.

"6:28, get in there." Sam smiled feebly. "Thanks, Sammy." Cesc grinned before getting out of the car.

Sam sighed and looked at him before driving back home, secretly hoping his date went terribly.

-

Gerard's friend, Maria, was interesting. She was pretty and she seemed intelligent, but she never let Cesc talk. It was all about her that night and it seemed like she didn't even care that Cesc was there.

As Cesc listened to Maria talking about something funny that happened to her at work, Cesc started thinking about Sam. He always admired the way she held herself up. She was smart, beautiful and responsible. He never understood how he just abandoned her after his career took off. She was always there for him when nobody else was, He had feelings for her back in school, but he never showed it. He always kept his friendship with Sam a secret, he never paid full attention to her when he was with his guy friends. And now, she was still doing everything to make sure that he was comfortable.

His mother, Nuria and sister Carlota always told him how much they loved Sam and Sam had a good relationship with his family and they were always encouraging him to take more interest in her. And now, he might finally latch on to those feelings.

"Cesc?" Maria said, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Sorry, what?" Cesc murmured apologetically. Maria sighed, "I was asking how you know Gerard and Shakira." she said. Cesc apologised and started telling her about how he first met Gerard at a training camp back in Barcelona, but all the while his mind was focused on Sam.

-

Cesc opened the door to the house quickly. He took a cab home since he didn't want to trouble Sam. He wanted to spend time with her tonight and he was going to start making it up to her for all those years.

He walked into the living room expecting her to be there watching a rom-com movie on the TV but instead saw her sitting down and laughing with some guy. She turned towards Cesc and smiled happily, "Cesc! You're home," she laughed, "This is Bastian. He's a friend of mine." she smiled happily. Bastian stood up and shook Cesc's hand firmly, "Nice to meet you, Cesc." he smiled.

Cesc opened and closed his mouth and noded quickly. "You too. Uh, I'm going to go upstairs. Enjoy your…" he trailed off, "…Date." he finished.

Sam smiled at him, "I'll see you later, okay?" she said kindly. Cesc nodded before going back to his room, wondering why he ever thought Sam would take an interest in him.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm sorry it took so long to update! x