Status: In Progress

Childhood Sweethearts

Chapter Five: Jealous Girlfriends

-Samantha.
I looked down at my phone and sighed, clicking the decline button and slid my phone back in my pocket. I've been ignoring all of Cesc's calls ever since Daniella threatened me. I didn't want to feel like she was winning this competition, but what she said really got to me. Cesc and Daniella were happy and I was just going to ruin it all. That's what I always did.

Another incoming text from Cesc interrupted my thoughts.

Cesc Fàbregas: where r u? why r u ignoring me?? 

I shook my head and deleted the text, taking slow easy breaths and focusing on the TV in front of me. I ran my hand through my hair and bounced my knee up and down, tapping my fingers on the table as I tried not to look at my phone.

-Cesc.
I groaned as I went straight to voicemail again. Sam's been ignoring me for who knows how long and I couldn't help but wonder if it was something Daniella said to her. "What's wrong, Cesc?" Daniella asked as she entered the room, holding a small comb and running it through her hair. I shrugged, "Sam's been ignoring me. I don't even know why." I sighed, rubbing my eyes tiredly. Daniella coughed and sat down on the bed, "Why don't you just hang out with Aaron? Sam's probably busy with her stuff." Daniella smiled, batting her eyelashes. I shrugged and turned on my side, "I don't know, maybe."

-Samantha.
"Ugh! I hate her, I hate her, I hate her!" I yelled and stomped my foot as if I was a child. My best friend, Andrea, looked at me sympathetically. "I agree, that was out of line. She shouldn't have threatened you if she wants Cesc to be happy."

"Thank you!" I huffed, sitting down on my bed. Andrea was from Argentina and she was a model too, we met in a fashion show. She knows everything that happened between Cesc and I and I was so glad that she understood me so well.

"But, I gotta ask, do you still have feelings for Cesc?" she asked me, sitting down beside me. I raised my eyebrows and looked at her, "Me and Cesc? No way." I said, even though I knew half of it wasn't true. I'd always have feelings for Cesc. You don't just grow up with someone, have a small fling, and forget all your feelings for them forever.

Andrea raised her eyebrows, "Yeah, you do." I rolled my eyes at her and laid down on my bed, "So what if I do? He's with Daniella now. And she's got these really cute kids and…I don't know. I know I have no chance." I sighed, screaming into my pillow.

Andrea rolled her eyes at me and yanked me up, "Come on, we're going shopping."

-Cesc.
"What about this one?" Daniella asked, walking out of the dressing room modelling another expensive blue dress. I shrugged, "It looked the same as the one before." I muttered, scratching the back of my ear, hoping she wouldn't yell at me. She glared at me and tossed her dark hair behind her shoulder, "Whatever."

I sighed and crossed my legs, turning my head when I heard the door to the shop open. I squirmed in my seat when I saw Sam and her friend come in. I quickly stood up, eager to greet her when Daniella walked over to me with the blue dress in her hands. "I want this one." I nodded and she dragged me to the cashier. I sighed and pulled out my wallet, handing her the credit card. I quickly turned to see Sam looking back at me with wide eyes.

"Be right back." I whispered to Daniella before speed-walking towards Sam. "Cesc?" she whispered. "Where were you? I was trying to call you." I muttered back, looking into her eyes. She shuffled her feet nervously and bit her lip, something she usually did whenever she was nervous.

"I was just-"

"Cesc? We're leaving," Daniella called. I turned towards her and held up two fingers, telling her to wait. "Just what?" I asked her. Sam shook her head, "You go on. I have to go." she sighed, walking back to her friend.

-Daniella.
I glared at the Spanish model and walked over to Cesc, pulling his arm and walking out of the shop with him. "What did she want?" I asked through my clenched teeth. "I just asked her why she was ignoring me." he replied. "And she said?" I asked back. Cesc shrugged, "She didn't say anything."

I smiled to myself. At least she was doing what I told her to do. I wasn't going to let anyone get in between Cesc and I. We were going strong and I wasn't planning on letting go of him anytime soon.