Status: This is my Yu Yu Hakusho fanfiction. Updates will probably slow and random, sorry about that. Hope you all enjoy!

Time Tells All

Answers

Shuichi brought her in the house, both abandoning their shoes at the door, but he still didn't put her down until they reached her room. He sat her down on her bed then walked away to the bathroom across the hall. He returned with a washcloth in hand.

"I could have walked up to my room at least." She said as he sat down and lifted her chin so he could see the cut on her neck. It wasn't bad and he cleaned it up gently with the cloth and noticed it wasn't bleeding anymore so he left it alone.

"You seemed tired, besides you hardly weigh anything so it was no trouble." Shuichi laughed causing a smile to pull at his sister's lips.

"Guess I need to eat more then." She joked, but her smile fell quickly and a sigh left her. "We can't avoid the topic any longer. Why did you not want to tell me anything?"

"I wanted you to have as normal a life as possible. I could tell you were not fully human-"

"Because of my smell?" Sayuri interrupted remembering what Hiei had said to her.

"Yes by your smell, but I didn't want to believe it."

"Why not?"

"Living here in the Ningenkai, human world, and just knowing about demons is dangerous. Just being related to me in my human form, puts you in danger. If I accepted that you were also part demon would only heighten the risk for you and I don't want you in anymore danger than you must be. Also had I accepted it immediately, I would have been plagued with endless questions of where your demon blood came from and, if you were like me, why you cannot recall any of your past."

"Like you? This is what Hiei?" She paused until she recieved a nod fron Shuichi that she had his name correct. "And that other guy were talking about you being a thief or something right?"

"Gouki and yes" Shuichi confirmed with a nod of his head.

"Can you explain that to me? When they told me I didn't want to believe it and it was just too much to take in so suddenly and unexpected like that. Besides I'd rather hear it from you since it is about you and I don't know or trust them." She questioned trying to prepare for the answer he would give.

"And you still trust me though you just found out, I've been keeping all of this from you basically all your life?" He asked in return.

"Shuichi, I don't care if you're really some bloodthirsty demon who has green skin, scales, hell maybe you even have horns, you're still my brother. I love and trust you as such. So no matter what you've kept from me I know you had a good reason, you said it yourself you didn't want me in anymore danger than I already am just by being your sister." Sayuri explained causing Shuichi to smile and laugh lightly.

"I can promise you I have no scales or horns-"

"So you have green skin!" Sayuri exclaimed with a smile.

"Apparently you missed the part where they told you I was a fox demon." He said with a shake of his head.

"I know nothing about demons, for all I know there could be green fox demons wreaking havoc on the earth."

"I can assure you there aren't, just listen and don't interrupt."

"Yes sir." Sayuri pouted jokingly at her brother's stern voice, trying her best to lighten the mood a bit. With a sigh Shuichi began telling his story.

"I was a silver kitsune so no green skin or anything you mentioned, just silver hair, tail, and ears. I had lived for centuries taking what I wanted and what caught my eye. Eventually I decided to make my living as a thief and rise up in power that way and it took several years, but I was just about at the level of power and wealth that I had desired." He paused to let his words sink in and to make sure she was listening and not spacing out as she so often did.

"Don't stop, there's a plot twist and I know it, so continue." She said like he was reading from a book rather than telling her a shortened version of his life story. He shook that thought off and continued.

"I had become very well known in the Makai, or demon world, and was greatly feared. For quite some time I worked along side several others, leading a band of bandits. It wasn't too long before problems arose and the group eventually fell apart. I had gone my own way-"

"So you went from having comrades to being alone? That's actually kind of sad." Sayuri noted failing to follow the rule of not interrupting, but Shuichi expected it. She often had to put her thoughts out there on a subject.

"I wasn't actually alone, I had my kitten with me." He explained, a small smile pulling at his lips as he thought about the cat.

"You had a pet cat?" Sayuri asked completely shocked. He couldn't help but laugh at her expression.

"No not a pet, a comrade, a friend. She was a cat demon who I had saved long before the group of bandits. I helped her become an excellent thief and taught her to fight. At first it was merely just to help reach the goal I wanted to achieve, but I grew to enjoy her company. So after the group disbanded her and I left together and began to hunt for ancient artifacts. We did well for several years, but one night we got caught. I made sure to stay slightly behind my kitten as we were chased, which ultimately saved her life. I on the other hand was forced to flea from the Makai here to the human world where I took refuge in a woman and her unborn child. Soon I had become Shuichi Minamino for a time being, but planned to leave when I was strong enough."

"Why haven't you left then? Are you not strong enough yet?" Sayuri questioned sadness seeping into her voice.

"I grew to love my human mother when I found she truly cared about me, plus there was an annoying little girl, a year or so younger than my human self, that followed me around constantly." Shuichi said laughing at the halfhearted glare he received from his sister. "I loved her instantly, she was my baby sister, and she sort of reminded me of my kitten, so I knew I couldn't leave. I had to stay here, I couldn't bear to hurt you or mother, by just leaving." He finished just before he was hugged tightly by Sayuri.

"I love you big brother. Thank you for not leaving." She whispered as he wrapped his arms around her small frame, returning the hug.

"I love you as well little sister." He murmured back before she pulled away and sat back on her bed again and let out a yawn.

"How did I reminded you of your kitten." she asked putting emphasis on kitten.

"There was noting romantic between us Sayuri. She looked up to me much like you do. Coming to me for advice, protection, and comfort. She was more like family to me than anything." Shuichi stated knowing exactly what she was thinking. "Now, get ready for bed, we still have school tomorrow."

"Are you going to meet Hiei and Gouki again?"

"Not for a few days, they just want my help with something, it's nothing you need to worry about." He assured, rising from his spot on her bed.

"Just whatever it is, be careful." Shuichi smiled reassuringly as he bent down to place a kiss on her forehead much like a parent would do to their child.

"I will be, don't worry." She nodded and he rose back up and began heading for the door. Just as he stepped out and his fingers brushed the door handle to close it his sister spoke up.

"Shuichi, you never told me the name of your demon self. Hiei and Gouki had said some pretty odd names were either of them correct? "

"All those years ago I was called Youko Kurama. Now when referring to my demon side I just go by Kurama." He explained.

"Since I now know about your demon form and whatnot do you want me to start calling you Kurama?"

"You may call me whichever you wish, just when at school or around mother or anyone we know, call me Shuichi as you have always done."

"Then Shuichi it is, maybe Kurama, but that'll take a while to get used to." she said.

"Whatever you decide on is fine. Goodnight Sayuri." He said closing the door and hearing a small "Goodnight Shuichi" in return.

He hated that she found out about everything this way, but a few good things, he decided, came from explaining his past to her. She didn't judge him and he knew she'd listen if he needed to talk about Demon World affairs, and the talk got her mind off of their mother's illness allowing a genuine smile to come across her face. A smile he hadn't seen since their mother had been placed in the hospital, and definitely one that he missed seeing. Hopefully all that would be changed soon.