Status: Its new, so im just seeing how well it does :3

100 Ways to Say Goodbye

görmƏk

~Iris~

I lay stiff as a board. Silently drowning in my own tears. In little over two weeks, Oliver’s managed to break me, make me cry and lie to my parents, make me reveal my dirty secrets. The only thing separating us was the curtain inbetween our beds. He got better, he was able to stand on his own now. He was currently talking with his friends.

I don’t deserve to even show myself, I hadn’t talked to him since mum called. Two days. I detected four voices plus Olivers. They were talking about me, of course they were. I would too. They got a bit loud and Oliver hushed them. “She’s in bed, don’t wake her.” He hissed, I smiled faintly. They talked for a while longer until they grew silent.

I heard my Nurse murmur my name. “Erm, Iris is sleeping.” Oliver hushes. It was quiet until she walked around the curtain. “Ms Jane, your stats are running fine and you’re over the age of 18. You are discarded but only if you feel safe and positive with yourself.” She smiles at the end of my bed. I gulp, my cheeks dry and crusty from crying. I nod, “I’ll get my things.” I whisper. I sit up, a few days ago I was taken off the I.V drip so I could walk without it.

I walk over to my things, I was wearing normal clothes now too. I stretched my legs, the jeans were quite tight, but then they wouldn’t be called skinny jeans right? “You ready Ms Jane, do you need an escort to your apartment?” She asks quietly, knowing that the curtain didn’t give much privacy. I shake my head. I can walk. I need to walk.

She nods and pulls the curtain, The four boys and Oli stared. I looked away nervously holding my bag, “If it’ll help you sleep at night, I’ll ring when I get back to my apartment.” I say looking at her, trying to distract myself. She curtly nods, “Yes Ms-“
“TJ, Call me TJ, Im no mistress or royalty.” I murmur, she nods then leaves.

I follow her to the door, “You’re leaving?” Oliver asks. I bite and turn to see eyes on me. “Yes, I’ve already started making a mess in all this. The rich don’t deserve to have true friends, that’s why they hang around fakes and liars.” My lip quivered. He was propped up against the bed head. I didn’t even blush when I saw his shirtless torso.

“Everyone deserves friends, if people didn’t live without others they’d go bonkers.” He smiles faintly at me, “These are mine, I’d be dead without ‘em, but I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for ‘em either. Nicholls, Kean, Curtis and Lee.” He points to his friends. I smile, Lee stands, “You can sit.” I shake my head.

“Oh come off it Lee, you’re never polite, your only in it because you think shes hot.” Nicholls hits him, I laugh. “Oh woah you have mad tatts.” He looks at my arm, I smile blushing. In coming compliments was something I wasn’t used too. I look at Oliver, he smiles widely at me.

“I don’t mind being your ‘husband’ for a week or so you know. You told me the other day that your always true to yourself and lying only comes when its drastically needed. The nurses said you had an anxiety attack after you explained everything after the talk with your mum.” He frowns, his friends looked up at me.

“Oli told us what happened, we were thinking we could come too, you know as maids or whatever.” Kean speaks up making me laugh. “I’ve heard those mouths on you four, they are no maids mouths.” I grin making them all snigger. “See theres that sense of humour I was lookin for.” Oliver smiles.

“You do realise they’ll glance at you and turn their noses up. But I’m grateful that you four offered to be our.. squires.” I grimace at the old term. It was an old term for personal slaves back in medieval days, royal families had personal squires. Oliver and I stare at each other momentarily, while the boys were confused.

“I’m gunna go, My parents need to think your ‘good enough for me’ as stupid as it sounds. I’ll go to the jeweller and get two expensive ‘wedding rings’ if its expensive mum will love you.. I really don’t want to drag you into this.” I say, he smiles shaking his head.

“You’re my friend.. ‘member? Maybe adding class to these lot of knobheads will do something good.” I laugh at his slang, I noticed his language is more slacked off in the presence of his friends. They laugh. “Having Friends is foreign to me Oliver, like I said. I thought you’d never want to speak to me after..everything.”

He scoffs, “You’re the weirdest girl to ever come into my life, I don’t plan on you leaving anytime soon.” He laughs, the others laugh. “I’ll go to the jeweller and if your gunna be wealthy your gunna have to look the part, I’ll look at suits-“

“I aint wearin a fuckin monkey suit.” Nicholls exclaims, I frown at him, “If your gunna be wealthy your gunna have to look the part.” I grit narrowing my eyes at him, “you won’t even be paying for it, a good suit costs ten thousand. If I have to pay you an extra ten thousand then I will.” I fold my arms.

“No, Iris. You said you need to stop being so nice about money, I love Matt to death but over my dead body is he gettin 20 thousand from you.” Oliver says, he narrows his eyes at him. All eyes are on me, I began to pace frantically. “Calm down, I didn’t mean anything by it. I really didn’t” Nicholls apologises.

Calm down, there with you not against you, they like you for you. I breathe out, “I’m just..gunna go..” I say then leave, one of my infamous headaches begin to sneak up on me. I sigh and walk over to the desk before I leave. “Um I’m here for my medication.” I cringe as my headache pounds and throbs. “Are you okay?” She stalls, I grimace, “Just get me my medication, don’t keep me waiting.” She hurries into the back room then returns just as quick. “Sorry Ms. Jane.” She curtly nods handing me a capsule full of pills and a bag full of injections.

“Injections are only if your headaches haven’t subsided after you taken the correct amount of tablets, if the injections don’t work-“ I cut her off nodding, “I’ve done it a hundred times since I could walk.” She smiles sympathetically. “Does it get easier?” She asks as I swallow two pills.

“The first time It took 2 months for me to get speech up and running, the second time I had to be carried in a wheel chair for 6 weeks because I couldn’t walk. I was 8. This time I was just bed ridden for 10 weeks, it doesn’t get easier but the consequences get merciful.” I say shifting my shoulders as my bag begins to weigh on my shoulder. I scoff harshly, “you’d think with my family’s money we’d be able to do surgery. But no, this is what I get for my parents arrogant and conceited wealth.” I grunt walking away. My boots clunking on the hospital floor.

I told her not to do it, but my nurse called a taxi for me, I guess you can’t sue kindness. Something genuine. I get in and tell the driver my apartment address. I happily payed my rent while I stayed in hospital so I was greeted with my humble home and two dogs. I had the land lord look after them while I was away. “I missed you guys!” as they run up and jump on my legs. Oliver and tiny. They were purebred Siberian huskies.

They yapped and I grinned. “did ya miss me cuties?!” I scruffed their ears. “Soon I’ll take you home for a holiday and you can eat the finest meat in the world!” I kissed them both. Spending money on myself I hated, but anything for my pups.

“You know I met the craziest guy at hospital, he has the same name as you Oli.” I hugged him and tiny yapped. “Yep a guy, didn’t think it was possible, not with you two around. You’re the only guys I need to spoil.” I stood and walked into my room. It was a small apartment, I loved it. My room back at home was double the size of this apartment, it was nice to down size everything.

I looked in the bathroom and saw the light bulb blown. Looks like I’ll have to change it. I smile, its nice to have something done yourself. I nod and walk out hearing a sound I haven’t hear in weeks. My phone. I walk over and answer it. “Darling I heard you’re out of hospital how are you feeling?” My grandma exclaims over the phone.

“Yeah good, I got another headache but I have medication, I’m going to take it with me when I come home for a few weeks.” I say sitting at my bar. Oli and Tiny sitting at my feet sniffing. “Home? Your coming home?” She stutters.

“Yes Grandma, didn’t mum tell you?” I ask frowning, “Oh of course! I didn’t think it was true, and your married now dear. Did you change your name?” She questions eagerly. I bite my lip sighing, “No, Jane is still my name, someone with such powerful family name needs to keep it like that. That’s how they did it in the old days didn’t they?” I lie.

“Oh yes! Finally seeing things as a wealthy person, still not on that dim-witted dream of yours, living in low life London working at a tattoo parlour, I still can’t get over that horrid sleeve you got.” The grimace in her voice was clear as day. “I hope this.. this-“ I cut her off, “Oliver.” I say and she huffs, “Oliver is a articulate is he sounds, does he have money? He’s of british class I presume?” She asks.

I sigh rubbing my head, “yes grandma He’s bringing a long his butler and attendants.” I grit, she makes a very pleased noise, “Ah squires yes? He’s of royal decent?” she questions. “No, he just prefers them on long trips. Don’t be shocked, his accent isn’t as classy as he looks.” I say.

“Ah disappointing, alas its better than nothing.” She admits, I bite my lip, “What if I married someone of lower class.” I question then add, “Not that I have, I was just wondering.” It was silent momentarily, “I married your grandfather, he was a juvenile delinquent piss poor and drunk. If you trul-“ I cut her off.

“Love someone, rich or poor no one can get in the way of love. Yes grandma, I have to go shopping now so I need to go.” I say and she hums, “yes yes dear, I’ll see you soon, when do you plan on coming out?” She asks, “A few weeks, maybe two.” I say and she says her goodbyes. I sigh once I hang up the phone.

“What have I got myself into.” I sigh petting Oli and Tiny.