Status: Ongoing =]

Broken Hearted Again

III

Zacky, still holding my hand, dragged me off towards the football field, which was currently not being used. There, on the audience stands, sat four boys, around the same age as me. By the looks of things, these were Zacky’s friends. We approached the boys, and as we did so, one of them, with short, dark brown hair and aviators covering his eyes, looked up at us both.

“Zacky, where you been man?” the guy with the aviators questioned.

“Principal’s office,” Zacky replied to the boy.

“Geez man, what did you do this time?” another guy, with a short, dark brown Mohawk asked.

“I’m not that bad!” Zacky said.

“Dude, you’ve been in there more times this year than I’ve changed my pants!” the guy with the Mohawk exclaimed.

“Yeah but Johnny, you never change your fucking pants, and you wonder why you don’t get girls,” the guy with the aviators laughed at the Mohawk boy, who I am guessing is Johnny.

“Matt, Johnny, stop arguing, and let me introduce Violet. Violet these are my friends.” Zacky said.
Pointing to the guy with the aviators, “this is Matt.”

“Pleased to meet you Vi” Wow, a nickname! I’ve never had a nickname. That’s cool.

“This is Johnny,” pointing to the small boy with the Mohawk.

“’Sup,” Johnny replied as he nodded his head in recognition. Zacky pointed to another guy who was very tall and slim, with long black hair curving round his face, “This is Jimmy.”

“Nice to meet you babe.” Oh my gosh, he called me babe. I’d never been called that before and I could feel my cheeks warming up.

“And this is Brian” Zacky said pointing to a guy with a Fedora hat on, covering his eyes. Brian grunted. Oh that’s nice, what a lovely greeting.

“Don’t mind him, he’s a dick,” Zacky whispered in my ear. “And those are the guys. Guys, Vi is probably going to be hanging with us from now on. Well, until she gets sick of us."

“Great!” Jimmy smiled at me, and I could feel my cheeks warming up again. I don’t know what it was about him, but I was somewhat attracted to him, majorly.

“Oh yeah, great!” Brian muttered sarcastically, and then stood up in his place and walked off.

“What the fucks up his arse?” Matt asked. “Anyway, what have you got next Vi?” He said this as the bell went and took the timetable out of my hand and examined it. “Awesome! You have Biology with me now, and then Maths with Zacky and Jimmy, and then its lunch. So if you would follow me, miss.”

He held out his arm for me to link with. “We shall meet you guys later for lunch. Inabit!”
Matt and I walked into the classroom and took the bench at the back of the room. We sat talking for a while, mainly about our backgrounds and what New York was like. Matt was telling me about the band that he and the guys are in. I made him promise that I would get a sneak preview. He just laughed it off, but I took it as a yes. He apologised for how Brian had acted earlier and I brushed it off telling him that it wasn’t his fault.

“Well he shouldn’t have acted that way, Vi. Like Zacky said, he is a bit of a dick at times.” I nodded and we got back to the work sheets we had been given. I checked my phone, which I had hid in my pencil case, and saw one new message flashing on the screen. I quickly checked that the teacher wasn’t looking and opened the message.

Hey Vi, really bored, just wanted to see how your lesson was going

I smiled a small smile and quickly texted a reply to say how boring it was and how I couldn’t wait for it to finish. Just as I sent the reply, another message popped up on screen.

Boo

I was just a tad confused, as there was no name, just a number. I looked to the side of me to see Matt creasing himself with laughter.

So I am guessing this is Matthew? LOL

Maybe baby the reply came.

I just shook my head laughing as another message popped up onto the screen.

So... what do you think of the guys? Zacky

They seem really nice. Thanks for, you know, looking after me.

I quickly sent the reply as the bell rang and Matt and I stood up from our seats. Matt gave me a quick hug, directed me in the way of my classroom and told me he would see me later. I smiled and walked over to see Zacky and Jimmy standing outside the classroom.

I saw Jimmy and quickly went all shy again. Damn me and my shyness. My cheeks were turning pink again as we walked through the door into maths and me, Jimmy and Zacky all took seats at the back.

Zacky turned to me, half way through the lesson and whispered in my ear, “you like him don’t you?”

“Who?” I whispered back. I knew who he was talking about but I decided to play dumb.

“Jimmy” he said, like it was obvious. I could feel myself turning pink again. “I knew it,” he exclaimed, but not the way I expected. He had a sort of upset tone in his voice. I didn’t understand what he meant, and I couldn’t figure it out.

“What you guys talking about?” Jimmy had turned round to look at us.

“N... N... Nothing important.” I said quickly, stuttering on my words. He just shrugged and turned back around.

“Don’t worry, I won’t say anything,” Zacky was silent for the rest of the lesson.