Life of Luxury

Chapter Twelve

I laughed as Tyler bought four Rangers’ tickets, there was a game in about an hour against the Tampa Bay Rays, and apparently our fun was going to involve watching a baseball game, “Why four?” I asked and Tyler looked up from his phone and nudged his head to behind me. I turned around and laughed when I saw Freddy and Brittany walking over towards us. Brittany came over towards me and hugged me, I was guessing that Tyler told Freddy what happened and he told Brittany, “When?”

“When we went to the café for food- I was hungry!” he said and I giggled and then nodded my head, “Nice hat!”

I smiled as he tapped the bill of my Rangers hat pulled it down a little, “Stop,” I giggled and pushed his hand away when he went to do it again. He laughed and then wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him and pulled the hat over my face, “Tyler!” I squealed and heard Brittany and Freddy laughing.

The four of us walked into the stadium and made our way to our seats, they were a few rows up from next to third base, they were bad for last minute tickets. Tyler sat at the end, I sat next to him, Brittany sat next to me and Freddy on the other side. I leaned back in my seat and felt Tyler’s hand on the back of my head, I laid my head on it and then looked towards him to see him smirking, I laughed a little and shook my head.

“Guys,” I heard and turned my head to see Freddy handing his phone to a woman and she was going to take a picture.

We all squished towards and smiled at the camera and I jumped when Tyler laughed and poked my sides. I playfully slapped him and then saw that the players were coming out onto the field, we all stood for the national anthem and then sat back down. I was happy that no one was sitting in front of me, which gave me the opportunity to lean back in my chair and rest my feet on the chair in front of me.

“Smile pretty pretty,” I heard and turned my head to see Freddy pointing the phone towards us, “We’ve got Segs, Haley and Brittany here at a Rangers game.”

“What’s he doing?” I muttered to Tyler.

“He likes to send little videos to our friends back at home,” he said and I nodded my head, “Which reminds me, bunch of them are going to be in tomorrow-“

“Yeah, Freddy was telling me,” I said and Tyler nodded his head.

“You gunna come to the game?” he asked and I smirked.

“You gunna get me tickets?” I asked and he chuckled and tapped the bill of my hat.

“Don’t ask stupid questions,” he said and I laughed and then frowned when I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, “What’s up?” I pulled out my phone and saw that ‘Mom’ was calling me, “Don’t you dare answer that!”

“Funny, I remember telling you that once upon a time,” I said and Tyler chuckled and rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” he said and I smirked and felt his arm around my neck and he pulled me into him. I laughed and laid my head on his shoulder and looked towards the game, not really wanting to move.

‘…Why does this- this feel nice?...’ I thought and took a deep breath, ‘…Don’t tell me that I like him other than a friend…’

-Brittany-
I was looking towards Freddy; he was explaining the sport of baseball to me because I wasn’t really into sport. He stopped midsentence and smiled brightly, I looked at him confused and he pulled out his phone and aimed it behind me. I turned around and my eyes widened and I smirked, Haley was basically cuddled into Tyler’s side, his arm was wrapped around her shoulders lazily and they both looked really comfortable. I looked back towards Freddy and he was looking at his phone, I leaned against him and looked at the picture that he took of the two and saw that he was sending it to people that I didn’t know.

“He’s so gunna hear shit for this,” Freddy muttered and I smirked and looked back towards Haley and Tyler and smiled.

“Send me that picture,” I said and he nodded his head and started to type away on his phone. I soon felt my phone buzz in my front pocket, I picked it up and opened the picture, saving it to my phone and then posting it on Instagram.

-Tyler-
‘…Fuck her hair smells so good…’ I thought as I was completely ignoring the game now and just looking at her. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I looked to see that my buddy Derek was texting me, I opened the message, Why so cuddly?’.

I was confused and replied asking what he meant, he replied with a picture, I opened it up and saw that it was of Haley and me. I snapped my head towards Freddy, he must have felt me looking at him, he looked at me and I held up my phone. He smirked and I rolled my eyes and shook my head, Freddy started to laugh.

I saw that I had a few notifications on Instagram and opened the app to see that there was a picture posted of me. I sighed knowing it was this picture and opened it to see that some of my buddies were commenting on it. A few were busting me and calling me a pussy for snuggling with my girlfriend. I smirked when I read them referring to Haley as my girlfriend.

By the end of the game, the Rangers ended up losing to the Rays and I looked down at Haley to see that she was still in the same position as she was in the beginning of the game. I looked down at her and smirked when I saw that she had fallen asleep, ‘…She’s probably like emotionally drained…’ I thought and saw Freddy and Brittany standing up, I sighed and shook Haley a little, “Hey, Hales, wake up.”

“Hmm? Oh, sorry,” she said and I chuckled and shook my head.

“It’s cool,” I said and then we both stood up and I watched as Haley yawned and I gulped when I saw her shirt come up a little and I saw her stomach.

The four of us walked up the stairs and made our way out of the stadium. It was hot outside, but I looked up at the sky and saw that the clouds were coming out and it looked like it was going to rain. Haley and I made our way back to her car and she got into the drivers’ seat and I got into the passenger seat.

“You wanna head back and take the dogs to the park?” I asked and Haley looked at me and smiled.

“Sure,” she said and I nodded my head and listened to her car come to life. It took forever to get out of the parking lot, but we finally did and Haley drove from Arlington to Dallas and about forty five minutes worth of driving, we were pulling into the parking garage of our building. Haley and I rode the elevator up to our floor and then went to our separate homes to gather our dogs.

I just hooked Marshall’s leash to his collar when I heard my front door open and heard my name, I looked up and then heard yelling, “You better come here.”

I told Marshall to stay and quickly walked to the door and saw Haley’s door opened and heard yelling from inside. I walked in and saw Brittany holding the growling Laya.

“I’m ungrateful? Are you serious right now?!” Haley yelled and I looked to see that she was yelling at her one Aunt from the family event, I guessed that she’s the one that drove Haley’s parents home after we ditched them.

“You left your parents- You just drove off with your boyfriend- What to go fuck him?!” her Aunt yelled and I looked a little taken back.

‘…What the hell is their problem?...’ I thought and looked towards Haley to see her fists were clenched.

“Freddy, take Laya,” Brittany said from behind me, I saw Brittany run over towards Haley and stood behind her.

“Yeah, I heard about you screwing around with all these guys in the city!” her Aunt yelled and I glared at her.

“Where’d you hear that?” Haley asked and I saw her glaring at her mom.

“From a source,” her Aunt said and Haley scoffed.

“You better check your fuckin’ source,” she growled and I saw Brittany place boy hands on Haley’s shoulders, I could see her shaking from where I was standing.

“I think you should leave,” Brittany said and I took a step forward but stopped when Haley’s Aunt slapped her.

“If you think your bought friends can help you-“

“You’ve got a lot of fuckin’ nerve coming into here and accusing Haley of fucked up shit that you know aren’t true because you’re just jealous that she’s living a better life that all of you combined,” I growled as I walked over and placed myself in front of Haley.

“Don’t back talk to me, boy,” she growled and I felt Haley’s hand on my back.

“Don’t hurt the people I care about, hag,” I snapped back and she glared at me.

“Ok guys, how ‘bout we just take a breath, eh?” Freddy said as he came up to me.

“Are you another guy she’s fuckin’?”

“Rosa,” Haley’s father called out.

“No William, your daughter’s an ungrateful slut and you’re letting her ruin this family-“

“Ok, that’s enough,” I heard Haley growl from behind me, “I’m fuckin’ tired of this shit, get out of my home, get out of my life, if you think that I’m so ungrateful then just leave. I’m tired of hearing all of this shit; I’m tired of you calling me a slut- Which I’m not, by the way! I’m tired of you all taking advantage of me just because I got lucky and won money- Which you are no longer going to revive,” Haley said and pointed towards her mother, “So leave and come back when you’re ready to apologize for the way you’ve treated me for the last few years because I sure as hell never did anything to deserve it. If you’re not, then I don’t want to be in this family anymore.”

‘…Go Haley…’ I thought as I looked at her to see her glaring at the three.

“And Rosa, if you ever touch me again, I’ll fuckin’ punch you so hard your whiney spoiled kids are going to feel it,” Haley growled and I heard Freddy snicker and I smirked, “Now leave so that my bought friends and I can enjoy some actual fun.”