Life of Luxury

Chapter Thirteen

“Ugh, the fuckin’ nerve of her!” Haley yelled as she paced back and forth, throwing her arms around and growled, “Thinks she can fuckin’ come in here and say all this shit to me.”

I stood up from the couch to go over to Haley, but Brittany put her hand on my arm and I looked back towards her, “Let her go,” she said and I looked at her confused, “Let her rant.”

“…And every god damn time I try to be nice and do something for the family- It’s just thrown back in my face and I’m an ‘ungrateful’ child,” she growled and then screamed out of frustration and started to punch air.

“She needs a punching bag,” Freddy said and I snickered, but my eyes widened.

‘…That’s it!...’ I thought and then ran down the hallway to Haley’s room and looked around, surprised that I chose the right room on the first try, I had never seen her room before, it was surprisingly girly.

“What are you doing?” I heard and turned to see Brittany.

“Grab me workout shorts for her,” I said and Brittany nodded her head and walked over towards the closet and walked in, coming back out a few minutes later with workout clothes.

I took them and then saw Brittany handing me sneakers and socks and then a bag. I threw everything into the bag and then we walked out of the room and into the living room. Freddy was just sitting on the couch watching as Haley was still in her own little world, muttering about her horrible family. I ran to my condo and changed my shirt into one of my Stars shirts and then grabbed my Nike’s, keeping my mesh shorts on. I walked back out of the condo and into Haley’s and threw the bag over my shoulder and then walked over towards Haley.

“Come on,” I said and grabbed Haley’s hand and started to pull her along.

“What? Tyler- What are you-“ she was pulling, so I sighed, turned around, bent down and threw Haley over my shoulder, “Tyler!”

“Have fun!” Freddy yelled as we left the apartment and I carried Haley to the elevator and waited.

“Tyler, put me down,” Haley said and I chuckled.

“Are you going to run?”

“Where are we going?”

“Are you going to run?” I repeated because she didn’t answer me.

“Tyler.”

“Are you goin-“

“NO! I won’t run!” she yelled and I smirked and then put her down when the door opened and I pulled her in, “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see,” I said and looked at her, ‘…We could both probably use this…’

-Haley-
“Tyler,” Haley breathed in awe as I pulled into the American Airlines Center, “What are we doing here?”

“Come on,” he said as he parked his car and got out, grabbing a bag from the backseat.

I got out of the car and looked around at the empty parking lot, “Is it ok for us to be here?” I asked and Tyler looked back and smirked towards me.

“I don’t know,” he chuckled, “We’re gunna find out,” he said and my eyes widened, “Come on, Hales!”

“Ugh, you’re gunn get us in trouble,” I groaned, but found my feet to be moving on their own and following Tyler. He punched in the code to get into the arena and held the door as I walked in and then I felt his hand slip into mine and he pulled me down the hall, “Where are we going?”

“To get you changed,” he said and I looked at him confused and then saw the bag at his side.

I looked ahead and saw two big doors with the Stars logo on it, my eyes widened and I smiled brightly knowing that the room in front of us was the locker room, ‘…So cool…’ I giggled and looked up towards Tyler to see him smirking and then punching the code in for that door to open. The door opened and I slowly walked into the room knowing I had a goofy smile on my face as I saw the inside of the Dallas Stars’ locker room.

“So get changed,” I heard and turned my head to see Tyler holding out the small bag.

“What is it?” I asked and took the bag.

“We’re going to let out some frustration,” he said and I looked at him confused and opened the bag and saw workout clothes. I smiled and looked back towards Tyler, “You serious need to punch something and we’re the only place that I can think of that has a punching bag.”

I giggled and nodded my head, “Thanks Tyler.”

“No problem, go get dressed, Brittany packed it for me,” he said and I nodded my head and walked back towards where he was pointing for me to go.

I saw that it was an open shower room, but I figured he would wait out there, so I placed my bag down and got changed out of my clothes and slipped my running shorts on and then pulled out what I thought was a shirt, but was actually a sports bra. I sighed and nodded my head, ‘…I’m gunna kill you, Britt…’

-Tyler-
I heard Haley and looked up and gulped, she was in black and pink short running shorts and a matching sports bra, ‘…Thank you, Brittany…’ I thought and then stood up and saw Haley walking over towards me slowly.

“Sorry, I didn’t know what Britt packed,” she said and I chuckled.

“That’s ok, you look good,” I said and she blushed and I smirked, “Come on.”

Haley nodded her head and then followed me as we left the locker room and headed up the stairs to the next level towards the gym. I typed in the code to get into the room and Haley smiled as she saw the fully equip workout center.

“Nice,” she said and I smirked and watched as she walked around the whole place, “Where are we going?”

“Over here,” I said and pulled her into another room and nudged my head towards the punching bag in the middle of the room.

“Awesome, I never did this before,” she said and I chuckled and walked over towards the small tape that had tape on it and walked over towards Haley.

I had her sit on the one table and stood in front of her, “Give me your hand,” I said and then watched as she held out her hand, I made it flat and then started to tape her hand, her wrist and then in-between her fingers.

“Why do you have to tape my hands?” Haley asked and I looked up at her, she had a smile on her face and for once, her hair was up in a pony tail, I don’t think I ever saw her with her hair pulled up.

“To protect your knuckles and wrist bones,” I answered and she nodded her head, “The bag is heavy and can seriously hurt you if you’re not protected.”

“Oh,” she said and I pulled back.

“Make a fist, tell me if it’s tight enough,” I said and she listened to me and nodded her head, “Good, other hand.”

“Thank you, Tyler,” she muttered and I looked towards her and smirked.

“Stop thanking me,” I said and she blushed and looked down. I worked on her other hand then told her to make a fist, both hands were good, “Ok, hop off,” I said and Haley slid off the table, “Now, show me what you’ve got!” I held both of my hands up wanting her to punch them.

“What?” she asked and I smirked and waved for her to come on, “I’m not punching you.”

“Hales, I’ve felt your punches before, they don’t hurt,” I teased and her eyes widened.

“Oh yeah?!”

“Yeah!” I laughed and she throw a punch and I smirked when it hit my hand, it was pretty powerful, “Noice, again,” she punched my hand again and I noticed that she had pretty good boxing form, I wonder who taught her, “Keep going.”

“I don’t wanna hurt you,” she laughed and I smirked.

“Keep going,” I said and she nodded her head and started to throw more punches at my hands, switching off from her left hand to right. I smirked when she punched my hand and I went out punch her, but she blocked it, “All right! Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve got a female Muhammad Ali here!”

“Shut up,” Haley laughed and I smirked towards her and motioned for more.

She threw some more punches and I smirked and as she threw another punch, I grabbed her fist and pulled her forward. Haley let out a little squeal and fell into my chest; I held her fist in one hand, looking down at her and see her looking up at me wide eyes. I gulped and placed my other hand on her neck.

“Tyler,” she breathed and I looked at her, “Remember what I said the last time you kissed me.”

I sighed and rolled my eyes, frowning, “Wasn’t going to happen again,” I muttered and looked above her.

“I lied,” she breathed and I looked down at her and she moved her hand to the back of my neck and leaned up to press her lips against mine.