Life of Luxury

Chapter Twenty Seven

-Haley-
“Come on Tyler, come on,” I sat on my couch staring at the screen; the Stars were in Winnipeg right now, having a game against the Jets. It was halfway through the first period and the Stars were up by one, Tyler had assisted Alex Chaisson’s goal, “Yes!” I smiled when Tyler got his first goal as a Star, only twelve minutes into the first period.

“Jesus, Hales, calm down,” Drake laughed as he and Colin sat next to me and laughed. They came over to play some video games, but when they saw that I had the game on; they decided to watch that with me.

“Sorry,” I laughed and then watched on the screen as they replayed Tyler’s goal. The camera shot towards him sitting on the bench, a smile on his face and I couldn’t help but feel happy for him.

Four minutes later Jamie Benn scored the third goal of the night for the Stars and Tyler assisted. He was on a roll tonight and I was so happy for him. At the end of the first period, the score was three to zero, Stars, and I found that funny because the Jets were picked to win this game.

I smiled when they announced that NBC was going to have an intermission interview with Tyler and I leaned back on the couch and looked towards Colin and Drake to see that they looked bored, “I promise we’ll play video games after the game!”

“All right,” they laughed and I smiled.

“Ya’ll want to order pizza?” I asked and they nodded their heads, “Cool, you order and I’ll buy-“

“You just hate talking on the phone-“

“NO! You order pizza from Colarusso’s and there’s that dude there that doesn’t like me because I can’t understand a word he says on the phone and I’m pretty sure he spit in my food last time! So, you order!” I said and the guys laughed and shook their heads.

-Tyler-
I was so happy, I scored my first two goals as a star, but I also assisted in two goals as well. I was named the number one star of the night, the games’ final score was four to one, Stars, the Jets managed to slip one in during that last few minutes of the game.

After the game, I did a few interviews, basically answering the same questions to each reporter and then heading towards the showers. After I showered, I changed into my suit and then followed my teammates out of the locker room towards the bus that was going to take us to our hotel. Tomorrow morning we were flying to Minnesota because we had a game against the Wilds that night.

When we finally got back to the hotel, I was rooming with my Captain; he was pretty cool, more laid back than Chara. I collapsed onto my bed and then looked at my phone and saw that I had a text from Haley, ‘GREAT Game!!! Better goals!!!’

I chuckled and replied a thanks and that I was beat, it was Friday, usually that meant that her friends were over and were playing video games, but she told me before that if they come over, they were watching the game first. Haley replied to me and told me to get so sleep and that she would talk to me tomorrow. After the game against the Wilds tomorrow, we were going to fly out the next day to Colorado, because we had a game two days after that against the Avalanches, and then the day after that I would be back in Dallas.

It was a new feeling for me, and I was a little scared of it, but I actually really missed Haley, when I was away like this, I missed her. I was sad that I wasn’t with her, I even caught myself wondering what would happened after I retire, asking myself where will I be in my life. I was wondering at the end of the season if Haley will come with me back home.

-Haley-
“I’m gunna win, I’m gunna win, I’m gunna win!” Drake teased and I laughed and tried to make my character move faster. We were really bored and playing Mario Kart, wanting to have a fun game of something stupid, “I’m so gunna win!”

“Shut up! We heard you!” Colin barked and I laughed, he was just mad because he was in last place and I was on Drake’s tail for first place.

“Yes! I won!” Drake cheered as we passed the finish line and I groaned and leaned back into the couch and shook my head, “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

“You’re a dork,” I said and he laughed and shrugged his shoulders. My door opened and I looked towards it to see Brittany and Freddy walking in, I smiled towards them, “Hey!”

“This what you’ve been doing the whole time?” Freddy chuckled as he walked over.

“Not the whole time,” I smirked.

“You watch the game?”

“Duh,” I said and Freddy and Brittany walked over and plopped onto the couch. As soon as they sat down, my landline phone rang, “It’s almost midnight, what the hell?” I thought outloud and then reached back and grabbed the phone, “Hello?”

“Ms. Connelly, this is George from the front desk, I have a guest here that doesn’t know the pass-code to the twenty ninth floor.

“Who is it? All my friends know the code,” I stated and then looked at the boys.

“Uh, her name is Heather,” he said and my eyes widened.

“Send her up,” I said and then hung the phone up and growled, “You gotta be fuckin’ kidding me.”

“What?” Brittany asked and I jumped up from the couch.

“Fuckin’ Heather’s here,” I growled and she looked at me surprised.

“What?! Why?!”

“I don’t know,” I sighed and saw Laya trotting over towards me. I scratched her head and then gave her a little shove away from the door.

“Who’s Heather?” Freddy asked.

“Hales’ little sister,” Drake asked and took a bite of his pizza.

“I didn’t know you had a little sister,” he said and I just rolled my eyes and nodded his head.

“Do you want us to go?” Colin asked and I shook my head.

“This shouldn’t take long,” I said and waited to hear the ding of the elevator.

“What are you going to do?” Freddy asked.

“Tell her to head right back to those elevator doors and go crying to Mommy and Daddy- My guess is she screwed up with something and she needs me to bail her out- I finished doing that when she got caught smoking pot and I covered for her and took care of her so that Mom and Dad wouldn’t find out.”

“What if she did do something wrong?” Brittany asked.

“Go to Mom and Dad- I’m not helping her,” I stated and she nodded her head. I heard the ding of the elevator, took a deep breath and took a deep breath, opening my door just as Heather, my baby sister, was about to knock.

“Haley,” she breathed and she looked me up and down, “Hi.”

“Whatever it is- Whatever you did, I don’t care, you’re an adult, so suck it the fuck up and own up to your own actions. Go ask Mom and Dad for help because you’re not getting it from me,” I said and then closed the door in her face; she didn’t even get a word out.

“I’m pregnant!” she yelled through the door, she knew I was still there.

“Fuck,” I breathed, leaning against the door my head leaned back, my eyes closed and I was shaking my head.

“Did not see that coming,” Brittany said and I growled, “Hales.”

“Fuckin’ shit!” I growled and then turned around and opened the door, “Are you serious?” I asked angrily and watched as Heather jumped at my sudden presence, “You’re pregnant?”

“I took three tests,” she said and looked down and I noticed the big duffle bag at her side, “Richie left me when he found out,” she said sadly, “He left me Haley,” I sighed and leaned against the door, “I don’t know what to do, I don’t have anywhere to go- Mom and Dad are going to kill me!”

“Why me? Why come to me?” I asked and looked at her, “You don’t even like me!”

“You’re my big sister and I need your help- I know I haven’t been the best to you, but I need your help,” she begged and I saw her starting to cry.

I bit my lip and replayed ever curse word known to man in my head, I sighed and then moved out of the way, “Come on,” I gave in, shaking my head and wishing that I wasn’t doing this.

“Really-“

“Hurry up and get in here before I change my mind!” I barked and she nodded her head and walked into the condo, “Go down the hall, first door on your left,” she didn’t say a word, she just listened to what I was telling her and I watched her walk down the hallway and walk into the guest bedroom, “Fuuuuuuuck!”

“So, your little sister isn’t so little anymore,” Colin said and I glared at him, “What?”

“Shut up,” I growled and he did.

“What do you want, Haley?” Brittany asked.

“What the fuck am I supposed to do?” I asked and she looked at me, “None of us know anything about a baby.”

“Why are you making it your responsibility to take care of this girl and her baby?” Freddy asked and I looked at him, “I mean, I know she’s your sister, but apparently- If you’ve never told me about her, and if she’s like your other psycho family members- Then she’s a fuckin’ bitch.”

“What do I always say, Freddy?” I asked, looking at him seriously.

“Karama’s a bitch,” Brittany said and I nodded my head.

“She is my baby sister, my family- I might not like her too much, but she’s still my family and I need to help her,” I said and Brittany scoffed.

“You know she wouldn’t do the same if your roles were switched,” Brittany said and I sighed and nodded my head.

“I know,” I said, looking at the ground.

“So, do you really want to do this?” Drake asked.

“Not really, but I know my family- My parents,” I sighed, “They’ll throw her out on the streets.”

“So you’re going to take her in, let her walk all over you, let her take advantage of you-“

“That’s not happening again!” I snapped, “I’ll help her, but she’s doing this MY way! That or go back on the streets.”

“This is so not going to go well, Haley,” Brittany said and I sighed.

“I know, trust me, I know.”