Life of Luxury

Chapter Thirty Six

“So, can I talk to you?” I asked Tyler as the two of us sat on the couch at my place and watched the highlights to last night’s Pittsburgh and Minnesota game. Tyler paused the TV and looked at me nodding his head and waiting for me to continue, “It’s nothing bad- I just- I don’t know,” I sighed.

“Babe, what is it?”

“When I took Heather to the bank two days ago, I saw that she was really saving up her money and I really am proud of her for that- She seems like she matured and she’s not the little sister that I remember her to be,” I said and Tyler just looked at me, “My parents don’t want contact with either of us and so Heather had to learn that if she wanted something, she needed to work for it.”

“What are you getting at?” Tyler asked and I sighed and looked at him.

“Is it stupid of me to want to get her something for Christmas?” I asked and he chuckled, “Like I was going to get her gift cards to the clothing stores she likes- Because I know she would love more clothes, but,” I sighed, “I want to get her something that she could use, but I don’t know if-“

“Well, what were you thinking about getting her?” he asked and I looked at him.

“A car,” I said and his eyes widened, “I mean, nothing flashy, but certainly nothing junky. Just a nice car that is great with gas, small, and affordable.”

“You sure about that, Hales?” he asked and I sighed, “I mean, she hasn’t been with you three months, she’s only like a few weeks pregnant.”

“She’s almost twelve weeks pregnant,” I said and he sighed.

“She’s just barely showing now.”

“Exactly, Ty, she’s showing,” I said and he looked at me, “She’s going to need a lot of things when that baby is born,” I said and looked down, “She’ll need a car, number one.”

“How ‘bout you keep thinking about it,” he said and I looked at him, “Here, wait, here’s an idea,” Tyler said and then grabbed my hands and pulled me to him, “Just like you said, she’s twelve weeks pregnant, we’ve got a lot of time.”

“Yeah, I guess. And when she goes to the appointment I think in two weeks, she’ll be able to know where it’s a boy or girl,” I said and Tyler nodded his head.

“Every baby needs a baby shower,” he said and I smiled, “How ‘bout, you throw her a shower and then give her the car then? That way we’ll hunt around for something safe and affordable for her.”

I smiled and nodded my head, “She’s due in late June, she we should have a shower in- May? Early June?”

“How ‘bout we tackle that next year, eh?” Tyler chuckled and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head, “I’ll even have my mom and sisters come down.”

“Thanks Ty,” I breathed and looked up at him and pressed my lips against his.

“So I have something to tell you,” Tyler said and I looked at him, “I was actually thinking about getting another sleeve.”

I looked at him and blinked a few times as I looked at his bare arm, “Of what?”

“It’s a surprise,” he said, smiling brightly.

“Ty, don’t get my face or name,” I said and he chuckled and shook his head.

“No, nothing like that.”

“Come on, tell me, what are you gunna get?” I asked and he sighed and pulled out his phone.

“I went to the shop last week and had the guy draw me up something, I was just waiting for a break in my schedule to get it,” he said and then showed the phone to me, “There’s a lot more I want to get, but this is one piece.”

“Black and white?” I asked and he nodded his head, “It’s really cool,” I smiled as I looked at the angel that was sketched out.

“There is a piece of you going into it,” he said and I looked at him.

“What? Ty, really-“

“Too bad,” he said and then scrolled to the next picture, “I thought it was nice.”

I looked down and smiled at the sight of a familiar symbol in front of me, “That symbol-“

“I’ve done my homework as well,” he said with a big smile on his face. The symbol was a Celtic knot, and not just any kind of knot, “It’s the Celtic love knot,” he said and cupped my face, “I want something on me that was meant for you, Hales. The Irish girl who stole my heart.”

I giggled and looked at Tyler, “My ancestors are Irish, I’m probably a mutt-“

“But you celebrate and honor your Irish heritage the most,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, “Then see, my Irish girl.”

“You know, the knot can come in all different shapes, but means the same thing,” I said and Tyler looked at me, “It’s an ancient design found during the Celtic period that symbolizes the unity of two souls. The transparent continuous line in this type of Celtic love knot is the symbol of unity and strength with an unwavering spirit in ones faith.”

“See, all the more reason to get it,” Tyler said and I sat on his lap and looked at him, my hands on his shoulders, his on my hips. I moved my hands up, running them through his hair and then resting them on the back of his neck and then pressing my lips against his. Tyler moved his hands to my thighs and then stood up, I giggled and wrapped my arms around his waist and held on tight as he moved towards my room and climbed onto the bed.

Clothes were ripped off and thrown in all directions of the room as Tyler always managed to next break his kiss. Even when my shirt was being pulled off, his lips never left the skin on my body.

-Tyler-
“So what are you getting Haley for Christmas?” my Captain and friend, Jamie Benn asked as sat on the bus, waiting for the it to drive us to our hotel in New York.

“Well, jewelry for one-“

He laughed and patted my shoulder, “You’re in the perfect city for that part!”

“I know right,” I laughed and looked at my phone, “Do you want to come with me?”

“Sure, I could probably come for some inspiration for Kate,” he said, talking about his girlfriend of almost a year.

“We’ll be men on a mission,” I said and Jamie laughed and nodded his head.

When we arrived in the Big Apple, it was almost three in the afternoon, we had the night off, morning skate the next day and a game that night. So with a few hours to kill, some of the guys with wives and girlfriends were going to take the advantage and shop.

“Where to first?” Jordie Benn, Jamie’s older brother, asked as he walked into our hotel room.

Jamie and I looked at each other and then towards Jordie, “Tiffany’s.”

We were about to leave when I heard my phone buzz, I had a text, I saw that it was from Haley and smiled, opening it up to see an excited text that she had gotten me part of my Christmas gift. I texted her back, wanting to know what it was, but she wasn’t going to tell.

“Come on, Segs!” Jamie yelled from the hallway and I grabbed my jacket and wallet and headed out the door.

-Haley-
“I know you guys have met, but this is my big sister, Haley,” Heather introduced, “Haley, this is Eric.”

“Nice to see you again,” I smiled as Eric stood up and gave me a small hug.

“You too,” he said and we sat down.

“Sorry I was running late, Laya and Marshall didn’t want to leave the dog park,” I said and Heather smiled and nodded her head, “How was the appointment?”

“Good,” Heather smiled brightly, “I’m having a healthy baby-“

“Ah, ah, ah, wait!” I said and held up my hands, “You know what you’re having?”

“Yeah, I couldn’t resist knowing,” she said excitedly and then looked at Eric and smiled.

I looked at her closely; there was something in her eyes that made me realize that for a nineteen year old, she was really happy to be having this baby. I was happy to see how much she matured and grown as a woman, how much she’s changed from the spoiled brat she was to the person in front of me.

I took a deep breath, “All right, lay it on me!”

“I’m having a baby girl!” Heather said happily and I smiled brightly and stood up to hug my little sister, “And I’ve got a name.”

“Oh?” I laughed, “What’s her name?”

“Taylor Lynn,” Heather said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“I love it,” I said and Heather pulled an envelope out of her bag and handed it to me, I looked at the photos of the baby and smiled at the little girl that was growing inside of my sister.

“Eric was with me the whole time,” Heather said and I looked at her and then at the man next to her.

“I know we’ve never got the chance to talk when we met at Thanksgiving, sorry about that,” I said and he smiled and nodded his head.

“It’s all right, it was awesome meeting you and I thought Heather was joking when she said Tyler Seguin was going to be there,” Eric said and I giggled.

“Stars fan?”

“No,” he laughed, “Actually I was born a Nashville fan.”

“The preds,” I laughed and he smirked and nodded his head, “Did not see that coming!”

“Yeah, not many that will admit to it, born and raised,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“I respect that,” I said and he smiled, “You’re from Alabama, right?”

“Yup, little town in northern state,” he said and I nodded my head.

“What made you come to Dallas?”

“My old man graduated from the University of Dallas,” he said and I smiled, “I wanted to just follow in his footsteps.”

“That’s cool, what are you majoring in?”

“Law,” he said and my eyes widened, “Well,” he chuckled, “That’s what I want to go on to study, I’m just taking criminal justice classes and all the little things now. I’ll figure out about law school, later.”

“That’s very- Wow, very unexpected and very cool,” I said and Heather smiled brightly. I looked at Eric, he was a young, good looking kid that looked like he had his life together, “What kind of law?”

“Sports, every agent needs a law background,” he said and I smiled brightly.

“A man after my own heart- I knew there’s a reason why I liked you,” I said and he laughed, “So you stay at a dorm?”

“Um, no, I have an off campus dorm, it’s about a half hour away from the school, but it’s pretty close to work,” he said and I nodded my head.

“You work with Heather?”

“Yeah, she makes it fun to work there, that’s for sure,” he said and I smiled as the two laughed.

“I have to thank you for watching over my sister when I can’t,” I said and he looked at me surprised and then nodded his head, “You didn’t have to go with her today.”

“No,” he said, “But I wanted to, I like her, we’ve become good friends and I,” he looked down, I could see his blush forming and I looked at Heather to see hers forming as well, “I really like your sister.”

“That’s fine,” I said and he looked surprised and Heather did as well, “Look, I’m not her father, I’m not going to grill you,” I giggled, “I’m her big sister, I will look after her, but it’s her option on who she wants to pursue- I will say, that I like her choice,” I said and winked towards Heather and she giggled and I watched her fingers lace with his on top of the table.

The three of us went on talking as we had lunch together about life, I found out that Eric did know about mine and Heather’s family history, he’s aware that we don’t speak with anyone except each other from our family. I learned that the reason I had to wait a week longer to meet Eric was because he was in the middle of finals, but now that he was finished, he was free to work and spend time with my sister.

By the end of lunch, Eric and Heather were going to go back to his apartment to spend time together, and I was going to go back to mine to hang out with my friends and decorate my apartment for Christmas. I was beginning to think that this year was going to be a great Christmas.