Filles de Fleur

five

Margaux held her breath as she slowly turned back to door handle and slid the lock closed. The apartment was quiet and she sighed in relief as turned, heading for her room.

"Well, you're up early."

Margaux cringed, glancing into the kitchen to find Sylvie leaning against the counter with a cup of coffee in hand. The younger girl smirked as her older sister flashed her a guilty smile, "Bon matin."

"What's his name?" she asked, sipping her coffee as Margaux filled the empty mug on the counter with coffee for herself.

"Who's?" Margaux asked into the refrigerator, feigning innocence as she dug out a carton of cream.

"The guy whose floor that dress spent the night on, or did you not catch it as you made your escape this morning?" Sylvie chuckled, shaking her head as Margaux ran a hand through her hair, "When you said you wanted to be my roommate, I thought you'd actually wanted a place to sleep at night."

"When you put it that way, it sounds so bad." Margaux chuckled, leaning her head on her little sisters shoulder as they both giggled, "I spent the night at Sidney's."

"Oh my god!" Sylvie screeched, her half a cup of coffee sloshing dangerously close to the rim as she turned to Margaux, jaw dropping.

"Nothing happened!" she assured her roommate, nonchalantly shrugging as she walked around to the other side of the kitchen island, "Well a side from a kiss, or two…maybe three."

"Finally!" Sylvie smiled as Margaux cover her face her hands and let out a little fan girl scream.

"It was perfect, Sylvie. Worth the decade of waiting." she shook her head slightly, blushing as she smiled to herself, "What about you! You left with Beau last night! What happened?"

With the momentary distraction from her predicament having passed, Sylvie felt another wave a blush creeping up her neck. Her head snapped up as the stairs creaked and Beau glanced between the two girls in surprise as Margaux's jaw dropped.

"Zut alors." Margaux mumbled to herself as she grabbed her heels from where they'd been abandoned on the counter, "I love you, Sylvie, but this is no Starbucks. I think I'm just going to pop out and-"

"No, no, Margaux! You don't have to!" Sylvie pleaded, but Margaux was already at the front door.

"No, trust me, I'm a monster without my morning macchiato. I'll see you at the rink, Beau honey." she called over her shoulder as she closed the door behind her and bit her lip to keep from giggling as she headed for the elevator.

It's about fucking time that girl got some.

After a pitstop at Starbucks and a vain attempt to fix her hair in her car mirror, Margaux took a deep breath and let it out, preparing herself for the inevitable. If she was going to get her ass chewed out for wearing yesterday's clothes, she might as go in with a smile on her face.

Sylvie has no idea the things I do for her. Margaux smirked, shaking her head as she glanced one more time in the rearview mirror and slid out of her car.

Sidney looked up as the locker room door opened and his eyes went wide when Margaux waltzed in wearing the same dress he'd dropped her off in.

"Well, well, captain's been holding out on us." Duper chuckled, nudging my side as she smirked and Marc looked up from tying his pads surprised.

"Really Mar?" he asked, sighing as he shook his head.

"You just assume that I did something inappropriate because of what I'm wearing?" she asked, spinning on her heel to square off against her brother and Sidney held his breath.

"What other possible reason would you have for wearing that damn dress again today? It's not like you have nothing to wear, we spent most of our afternoon hauling your wardrobe in for you yesterday."

"How about this one, genius. I left my key to the apartment on my dresser and Sylvie had already headed out for class?" she snapped, rolling her eyes as his face fell, clearly not expecting that reasoning.

"Margaux-"

"I don't blame you for jumping to conclusions, any other newly single girl would be doing exactly what you were thinking, but as much as I tease, I'm not the type." Margaux added in a hushed voice, hoping her brother's teammates weren't still listening.

"I know you're not, that's why I'm so hard on you, Mar. I don't want you to turn into that girl." he kissed her cheek as he wrapped her in a hug.

She pulled away and looked up into her big brother's wide chocolate brown eyes, "Just so we're clear, I've wanted this shot since I was 16 and no amount of brotherly intervention is going to stop me from taking it."

He sighed, glancing over his little sister's shoulder at his captain, trying his best to look like he wasn't straining to hear their conversation as he stretched in front of his stall, "I know, I've known this was pretty inevitable for the past decade, but just because he's my captain, doesn't mean I won't kick his ass if this goes sideways."

Sidney's lips twitched into a smirk for a split second before he recovered his focused expression and Marc-Andre laughed, "Yeah, you were eavesdropping, fuck face."

Margaux giggled as she turned to catch the guilty look on Sidney's face, "Can you blame me?" he chuckled as he got up and joined them.

Marc pretended not to notice Sidney place his hand on the small of Margaux's back, "Just don't fuck up, I'm the one who's stuck with both of you if anything goes wrong."

Image


Sylvie and Beau each felt like they were drowning in a suffocating silence, the slam of the front door the only noise for several minutes before Beau cleared his throat. Her eyes shot to his as he held his jacket in his hands, fiddling with it nervously. He couldn’t meet her gaze, and when he attempted to even look at her Sylvie’s eyes moved down to the granite countertop.

“Look, Sylvie.” He started. “About last night-” She felt tears stinging her eyes already, knowing what he was going to say. She didn’t want Beau to see her cry, so she shook her head.

“You’re going to be late to practice.” She choked out.

“We need to talk about it.” He tried, walking towards her, but she flinched away, making Beau’s heart shatter when he saw her start shaking.

“Just go. Please.” She whimpered. He just looked at her for a long time, wanting to do nothing more than to go back and stop himself from ever walking into her front door. And as much as he knew he should throw down his jacket, pull her into his arms, promise he wouldn’t even hurt her, he was frozen. So he simply sighed, not saying anything as he turned and walked out the front door.

Once she knew he was gone all the strength left Sylvie’s body and she slid to the floor, crying uncontrollably. She didn’t even notice the front door open to her sister, Vero having come over for their weekly brunch and chit chat, and Estelle cooing happily in her mother’s arms. But the moment Vero heard his baby sisters quiet sobbing, she went into mother mode. She jogged over, kneeling down beside the younger LaRose girl.

“Sylvie?” She whispered. Sylvie didn’t say anything, she just gripped her older sister tightly, burying her face in her hair. “Jesus, what happened?”

“Vero…” Sylvie whimpered. “I ruined everything.”

“I ruined everything Kris.” Beau choked out, his head in his hands as he and his teammate sat in the locker room. Kris had seen the broken look on Beau’s face the second he got onto the ice and had pulled him into the locker room before he accidently hurt himself in his dazed state.

“What happened?” He pressed, looking at the young blonde.

“Beau came over last night, we were out at a bar with the team and Marc showed up, so he snuck me out.” Sylvie started, gripping her tea tightly in her hands and Vero sat next to her on the couch, Estelle cooing and crawling around on the carpet in ignorance. “We both were pretty drunk, I think I was worse though, but he didn’t want to get in an accident, so he got a cab and he brought me back here.”

“I walked her up to her door, you know, because it was dark and I’d never forgive myself if some creep attacked her.” Beau sighed, leaning back in his cubby, his eyes far away. “We were both drunk as fuck, stumbling everywhere, and it took her nearly a minute to get her key in the door. But every time she started to fall, I grabbed her and she didn’t pull away from me.” He blinked several times, smiling sadly. “Her hips are the perfect shape for my hands, like they were made to fit there Kris…”

Kris just sighed, knowing that there was no way this story had a happy ending as Beau’s smile disappeared. “You really care about her, don’t you?” He asked. Beau simply nodded.

“Ever since that first time at the family skate. I just couldn’t get over how fucking cute she was. Stumbling around because she can’t skate. I wanted to go over and help her, but Marc sent me a death glare and that was all I needed to not say anything for so long.” He sighed, the look on his face reminding Kris of a puppy that had been abandoned on the side of the road. “But anyway, so she finally opens the front door, and no one’s home.”

“Margaux wasn’t here, and I don’t know Vero, something about finally having Beau all to myself, all alone… I just… I kind of… snapped.” Sylvie said, her cheeks flushing a bright shade of red. “I mean, you know I’ve never done anything, I’ve never even had a real kiss, and here’s this perfect, amazing man all alone with me, one that I’ve been crazy about since Marc first told me the Pens were scouting him.” She let her head fall into her hands, her eyes stinging with tears. “I couldn’t even stop myself, it was like I was just watching my body do all these things.”

“Sylvie, what exactly happened?” Vero pressed. “I swear to God if he forced you to do anything-”

“No.” Sylvie whispered. “I wanted it, all of it, all of him… that’s the worst part.”

“She let me inside, she didn’t even try to give me some bullshit reason why. The lights were all still off, and it was just us.” Beau licked his lips nervously, running a hand over his face. “She turned to put her coat on the hanger and I just couldn’t control myself anymore. I grabbed her hips and turned her around and kissed her. She didn’t even hesitate, she just kissed me right back…” He stopped, looking up at the handsome defenseman. “I know I shouldn’t kiss and tell, but it’s important.” Kris cleared his throat awkwardly, pressing his lips together before he spoke.

“Alright then, tell me.”

“He wrapped my legs around his hips and pressed me against the wall, just like in the movies.” Sylvie said, smiling softly to herself. “He’s such a good kisser, his lips are so soft…” She sighed, biting her lip as her smile vanished. “And then it kind of gets foggy after that, I only remember little things, like my shirt and my bra coming off, and his shirt, and his pants were on the stairs.”

“I was stunned that someone as innocent as her could be so goddamn sexy when she wanted.” Beau muttered. “The way she looked at me, I didn’t think women looked at men like that in real life, I thought it was just a porn thing.” He chuckled humorlessly. “But then we got to her room, and she’s in nothing but her panties and skirt at that point and I’m just in my boxers and I drop her onto the bed. I was romantic, you know, kissing her the whole time and teasing her, and then I got her skirt off.” He bit his lip, remembering the lace coral panties she’d had on underneath and how perfectly they’d hugged her every curve. “Fuck she was so hot, and we were both so drunk.”

“The next thing I remember, we were both naked.” Sylvie whispered. “He was just looking into my eyes, cradling my face. Then he smirked before he…” She cleared her throat awkwardly. “Um…He… Uh…” Her face was so flushed Vero worried her sister might collapse on the coffee table.

“Top or bottom?” Vero asked when Sylvie simply made a kissing gesture. Sylvie giggled nervously, her eyes starry.

“Both.” She said, biting her lower lip ad the memory of his eyes staying on hers the whole time. “God Vero, it was amazing.”

“Then she uh… returned the favor.” Beau said, looking up at Kris. “I told her she didn’t have to, but she insisted, flipped me on my back and just…” He cleared his throat, obviously become a bit flustered at the memory. “Fuck, I didn’t believe it was her first time, I’ll tell you that.”

“Did you two actually do the deed?” Kris asked, not really wanting to hear any more about Sylvie and Beau going down on each other. Beau sighed, biting his lip.

“I told him it hurt when he started, so he stopped.” Sylvie said, looking at Vero. “He said he didn’t want to hurt me, and it was okay. I felt so bad, I must have looked like such a tease.” She let out a small whimper, her head falling into her hands. “And then I woke up and he was naked next to me. I panicked and I went downstairs, hoping Margaux would come home and throw him out.”

“Wait, why would you want him gone?” Vero asked.

“I saw it in his eyes Vero, when he stopped and remembered I’m still a virgin. He was disgusted with me, he thought I was a total whore for letting him get that far in one night.” She then felt tears well up in her eyes again. “He hates me Vero, he was going to try and be nice this morning, but I couldn’t face it. He was going to tell me it’d be best if we never saw each other again and I just…” She collapsed again, falling against her sister’s shoulder. “Vero, I fucked up.”

“She must think I’m a fucking pig, taking advantage of her like that.” Beau choked out, not wanting Kris to see him cry as his eyes quickly swelled with tears. “Fuck, she wouldn’t even look at me, I tried to talk to her, tell her I’m not like that and I really do care about her, but she just told me to leave.” He shook his head, thinking of the beautiful LaRose girl who was so close, but now gone forever. She was like a shooting star, and now he would never be able to see her again. “Kris…” He muttered. “I fucked up.”

Even though they were miles apart, Kris and Vero’s expressions mirrored the others perfectly as they sat with each half of the young couple, trying to help them mend their broken hearts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my goodness!
Is Marc giving his blessing?
Will Beau and Sylvie ever work out?
Was Margaux and Sidney's 10 year wait worth it?
We'd love to hear your thoughts!
Thank you for reading, and much love from us both

oxoxoxoxoxox
Ashlee & Meg