Filles de Fleur

eight

Sylvie let out a long breath as she followed Margaux down the hallway of the Consol Energy Center. She had been hesitant about going ice skating with her sister in law after Vero admitted to telling her what happened, but Margaux seemed perfectly content with hanging out with her sister. The two of them walked in a strange silence, Margaux smiling like the cat who got the cream. Sylvie couldn’t get over the feeling something was up as Mar swung an arm around her sister’s slender frame, smiling.

“Smile Sylvie.” She chuckled. “You look like you’re on your way to the electric chair.” Sylvie simply rubbed the back of her neck, looking up at her sister.

“I just…” She stopped, pressing her lips together. “Never mind.”

“Come on Sylvie, you can talk to me.” Mar said, stopping and turning to look at her. “What’s wrong?”

“I can’t stop thinking about him.” She admitted. “I know Vero said I should forget him but I just…I can’t.” Margaux sighed, squeezing Sylvie tightly. “He was perfect.” Margaux just sighed, kissing Sylvie’s soft hair and letting the girl whimper into her shoulder.

“Come on, you’ll feel a lot better once we have a little fun, okay?” She said once Sylvie had gotten a hold of herself. The young LaRose girl simply nodded, the two of them starting to walk down the hallways again.

“So you can just come in here anytime?” Sylvie asked after a long pause.

“Well…Sid might have pulled some strings.” Margaux admitted. “We all want to make you feel better.” Sylvie smiled softly, nudging her sister’s shoulder.

“So… how was D.C.? I didn't see you at all yesterday, you never had the chance to tell me.” Margaux smiled softly to herself, blush coloring her cheeks. The Pens had played two games in as many days since she'd admitted she loved Sid, she hadn't had a moment to think about it herself, let alone tell her sisters.

“It was perfect.” She whispered. Her eyes then moved back to Sylvie and she smirked. “But we’re here for you, not me.” The girls hadn’t walked maybe ten more feet before Sylvie heard a familiar accent.

“Trust me, just stay in here and I’ll be right back.” She looked up to see Kris step out of the locker room, his eyes wide when he saw the two of them. “You’re early.” Sylvie didn’t even have time to ask her sister what Kris meant before the handsome defenseman grabbed her, hoisting her into the air before she was tossed into another strong pair of arms, the door slamming in her face.

She gripped whoever it was, but when she heard that familiar gasp she froze. She turned slowly to see the stunning blue of Beau’s eyes, staring back at her in shock. She pulled her legs away from him, letting them hit the ground, but he kept his arms around her.

“Sylvie?” He murmured. He moved one of his hands up hesitantly, stopping and swallowing nervously before he cupped her cheek. His heart was hammering against his ribcage, his lungs feeling like they no longer functioned. He wanted to kiss her. He wanted to kiss her until the last breath of air had left his body. He wanted to hold her and love her and never let her leave him ever again, but he was dumbstruck, just standing there and staring at her.

“You two aren’t coming out until you kiss and make up.” Kris hollered from the other side of the door, causing their attention to snap away from each other. “You’re fucking depressed without each other.”

“We’ll be back in an hour or two.” Margaux finished. “And I expect you two to be hopelessly in love again.” Sylvie and Beau both blushed, looking everywhere except at the other as they heard the thud of Kris and Margaux’s footsteps die down to a murmur before vanishing, letting the couple know they were alone. Finally Beau sighed, reaching out and touching her arm.

“I had nothing to do with this.” He promised. There had been a small flicker of hope inside her that he’d planned this to tell her he still wanted to be with her, but that hope died as soon as those words left his perfect lips. She sighed, pulling away and sitting in front of her brother-in-law’s cubby.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered. Beau looked at her for a long time before walking over and plopping down beside her.

“Why would you be sorry?” He asked. She pressed her lips together tightly and he could see tears in her eyes.

“Because I couldn’t handle what happened like an adult, I just cried like a little girl and now you have to deal with me.” A tear slid down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away. “God I’m so embarrassed.” He narrowed his eyes in confusion before he remembered what Margaux had told him. Sylvie thought he hated her, that he thought she was a slut and a tease and he must hate her for not putting out.

He let his instincts take over as he reached out and hugged her, pulling her body flush against his. He felt his mind go back to when she’d been under his body, their skin pressing together, the way her eyes had shined only for him. He wanted that again, he wanted to be the first one to lay her down and make love to her. He wanted her to be the first thing he saw when his eyes opened and the last thing before they shut. He wanted to be with her, why couldn’t she see that?

She tried to pull away at first, not wanting his pity, but finally allowed herself to melt into him. She looked up, seeing something in his eyes that made her stomach tighten. He was looking at her like how Marc looked at Vero and Sidney looked at Margaux. A small smile sat on his plump lips as his eyes just moved softly over her face, one of his rough thumbs wiping away her tears.

“I want nothing more than to deal with you Sylvie.” He murmured. She shook her head, looking at him.

“But I… I let you do so much. I saw how much you hated me when you remembered I’m a virgin, you think I’m a slut.”

“I hated myself.” He breathed, running a hand through her hair. “I hated that I hadn’t been able to control myself with you. We should have gone slow and I took advantage of you and how you felt about me.” He sighed, pressing his lips together. “And then when I saw the way you shook when I tried to touch you the next morning I felt like a fucking monster.” His voice shook on the last word and she watched his perfect eyes fill with pain.

She reached out, letting her hand touch his cheek and causing his head to snap back to look at her. She blushed, letting her fingers run over his stubble, realizing he hadn’t even tried to take care of himself since what happened. He had the start of a beard on his tanned skin, and his hair was unkempt and in his eyes. He watched her as she took in his appearance, her hand moving up to brush his hair out of his eyes.

“You stopped Beau, you’re not a monster.” She whispered finally, looking back into his eyes. “I was scared you were going to tell me you never wanted to see me again, that’s why I told you to leave.” He bit his lower lip, rolling it between his teeth for a moment.

“So this whole time…we could have been together.” He murmured. He then chuckled, setting his hand over hers as their eyes met once again. “God, I feel like a jackass.”

“That makes two of us.” She winced. He smiled before slowly leaning down, his lips shaking before he pressed them firmly to hers. She was frozen for a moment and he wondered if he should pull away, but then she kissed him back. He let his hands move to cup her face and move into her long hair, thinking she tasted so much better sober. Finally they both pulled away, their breathing heavy as he smiled, Sylvie giggling softly. But then he reached out, his face serious as he took her hand.

“Sylvie, do you remember what I said? Before you fell asleep?” She bit her lip before shaking her head softly. He sighed, running a hand through his hair as the other laced his fingers with hers. “If you…if you still want it to be me, I’d be honored. But we’re going to make it special, okay?” She narrowed her eyes before understanding what he meant, her cheeks flushing.

“Vero said it’s probably going to hurt…a lot.” She whispered. He saw the fear in her eyes as he pulled her close, rubbing her back.

“Then we’ll go slow.” He promised. “I promise, Everything between us from this point on is going to be perfect.” She pulled away, looking at him.

“You can’t promise that.” She smiled. He shrugged.

“Well, I just did so…don’t let me down.” They both laughed as he pulled her back into his arms, knowing they had a lot of missed kisses to make up for as he pressed his lips to hers.

Image


"You did what?" Sidney asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl flashing him an innocent smile from across the table.

Margaux giggled, knowing Sidney wouldn't approve, "I just gave them a little push, that's all."

"You just meddled, that's all." he shook his head, smiling despite himself as he reached for his water glass. After their home and home with the Caps, the team had four days without a game, and Sidney planned on spending them all with Margaux, starting with taking her out for lunch.

"Don't you wish someone had meddle with us?" she asked and he swallowed hard, setting his water back down as he nodded.

"I wish a lot of things in the last ten years had been different, but I just hope it works out for them. They're good kids, they deserve to be happy together." he smiled as Margaux reached across the table and grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze.

"I love you." she smiled at him and it felt like getting checked into the boards, it knocked the air out of his lungs.

It was a strange feeling, being around Margaux now, part of him felt like every smile, every laugh was something new and exciting to discover, like he fell a little more in love every time she tossed her head back to laugh at every joke he made or she looked down, blushing slightly as she smiled when he told her he loved her.

The other part of him felt like she was the most familiar thing in his life, he felt more comfortable - more at home - with Margaux beside him than he did on the ice most game nights. It was easy to forget it had only been five days since he walked out of that dressing room and spotted her out in the hallway and back in his life. It felt like she'd always been there and really she had - for the good parts at least.

She was there when they won the cup, she was there when he won gold in Vancouver, she was even there at the Winter Classic, before either of them knew how much that night would change his life. She was waiting in the family room to wrap him in a hug the moment he walked in, to tell him how worried she'd been.

She was his rock during his concussions, never more than a phone call away whenever he needed her, despite the 1,000 km distance. In moments of weakness he'd called her at two in the morning over the fear of his career ending at 24 and she was the only one who could talk him down from any ledge.

It felt like Margaux was part of him - the best part of him - and as he sat here holding her hand in a little side street cafe, he couldn't keep the smile off his face.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another long chapter to make up for the wait!
We hope you all are enjoying the story!
Is it going to be smoothing sailings for these two couples?
Or will there be trouble in paradise?
We'd love to hear your thoughts!
As always, thanks so much for reading

oxoxoxoxox
Ashlee & Megs