Our Same Word

Her

The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you. I wish you would believe me. I understand if you don't though.

I tried to feel the same way. I tried as hard as I could. I kissed you like I loved you, like I wanted to, but my heart was empty.

I knew I couldn't do better than you. You were everything I wanted, flaws and all. Somehow my heart wasn't in it.

I looked in your eyes and while my heart fluttered, they didn't make it feel like it would explode.

We held hands and even though my hand felt it was made for yours, it wanted to be pulled away.

I looked in your eyes and in them I saw everything i wanted.

Yet something was still missing. I can't explain what it is.

I knew you wanted to make me happy…and I wanted to do the same for you.

But not in the same way. I wanted to be there for you but I never wanted things to go as far as they did.

You don't know how much I hate thinking all these thoughts. I wanted things to work out.

I wanted us to be together.

Somehow though, I feel we're not meant to be. My heart is distant from yours and knows what I should do.

I know that when I do though, things won't be the same between us. You won't settle for just being friends. It hurts too much. I know the pain well having once experienced it myself.

I know you'll find someone who will love you like you loved me.

Don't cry and don't be angry. You can be hurt but then you have to get over it. Unrequited love can kill people, but I don't want that for you. I want you to be happy, even though I can't do that for you.

Take heart, you will find someone. I know you will.

Thank you for giving me such a great experience in life. I'll cherish it and our memories forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Started: 10/28/13
Completed 3/10/14