I Do

Blaming the Alcohol

“Hey! What are you guys doing here?” I ask, happy that they are here but still a bit surprised. I knew that Tatum wasn’t going to enjoy the surprise as much as I did. She was already nervous and she just got back from a run.
“We wanted to surprise you!” Jacqueline says as she pulls me into a hug and my family all does the same.
“Well that’s great but, I’m married now guys.” I say and look around to make sure she isn’t in the room and then I whisper, “She is extremely nervous and she just got back from the gym. Look, I know how it looks but, Tatum is very important to me and I really love her. I want you guys to lover her to.” I tell them and they all look like they understand. My mom pulls me into a hug.
“If you love her then we will too.” She says and my three sisters nod.
“We can’t wait to meet her Patrick.” My dad says giving me a hug as well.
“You must be Tatum!” Erica says looking behind me. I turn and see a shocked Tatum, although she is in her yoga capris and a work out tank, she still looks beautiful. Erica pushes past me and embraces Tatum. Jacky and Jess do the same thing and Tatum’s nervousness starts to shrink away and I smile when I see the girls start to talk and laugh. She is my wife and I truly do love her. To see her get along with other important women in my life, was a big deal to me.
“You’re sister’s already like her.” My mother whispers to me as the girls lead her over. “Hello dear! I’m Donna and this my husband Pat. We are so happy to finally meet you!” My mother says and pulls her daughter in law into a welcoming embrace.
“It’s wonderful to meet you all. Patrick always talks so highly about his family. I just want to apologize for my appearance, I just got back from the gym. Had I known you were coming I would have had a big lunch ready and…”
“Dear, it’s just fine. No problem at all. We wanted to join you for Patrick’s game. I sure you need to get showered. Patrick can show us around.” My mother says and I can see the way she looks at Tat, she already likes her.
“Thank you. I’ll try to hurry.” Tatum says and gives my arm a small squeeze as she walks past me and towards the stairs to go up to our room.
“Patrick she is so beautiful!” Jess says and gives me an approving thumbs up.
“She seams lovely dear, I’m looking forward to getting to know her more.” My mother says.
“Here, let me show you guys around…”
“Aw what’s his name?” Jacky says, bending down to pet Bauer.
“His name is Bauer.” I say with a grin and they all look at me like I’m an idiot. “Tatum picked it not me!” I say with my hands up in surrender. “Come on. I need to leave soon and I want to show you around the house. Tate did an amazing job turning it into a home.” I compliment her and then start showing my family the beautiful home.

Erika’s POV.
Patrick pulls me aside as he is about to leave and I know he has something important to say.
“Look, I know how protective you guys are and I know how it probably looks but it’s not like that. I love her Erika, and I know she truly loves me. Please be nice, Make her feel like part of the family. She doesn’t have a family of her own so it’s important she fits into ours.”
“What happened?” I ask with sad eyes. I couldn’t imagine not having my family.
“They both died right after she turned 18. She has it pretty hard.” He tells me and I nod. I pull him into a tight hug and kiss his cheek.
“Don’t worry. She has a new family now.” I tell him and he smiles at me. I watch as he walks over to Tatum and I see the way she looks at him as he pulls her into his arms. She is in love with him. It’s obvious and it makes me smile. He kisses her head and whispers something, making him laugh.
“Alright I will see you guys after the game! Don’t forget we are going to dinner!” He says before giving us one last wave and walking out the door.
“We have about an hour until we need to leave in about an hour.” Tatum says, becoming slightly more nervous now that Patrick isn’t by her side.
“Actually we were wanting to go a bit early,” Jacky says, “There is an ice cream shop by the united center and it has the best ice cream!”
“Well that solves that problem. Let’s go!” She says. She grabs her jacket and purse and we head out. My parent were going to wait a bit to leave so we left in the Rover.
“So where is your family?” Jess ask from the backseat and I feel awful. I already know the answer.
“My parent’s died right after my eighteenth birthday and I don’t have any other family I tried searching for them but I never found them.” She says and keeps her eyes on the road.
“Oh… I’m sorry.” Jess says and Jacky speaks up.
“Well you are a part of our family now.”
“Thank you. That means a lot to me.” She says and gives me a small smile.
.
.
The Blackhawks win 5-2 and soon enough we are out to dinner. Everyone is laughing about something and some of Patrick’s teammates are here with their wives as well.
I notice the bitchy server before Tatum does but it pisses me off the way she looks at my brother. He has a ring on and his wife is right there!
“Sir, can I get you anything else?” She ask and puts a hand on his arm while Tatum is turned to the other side talking to Dayna.
“Get your hand off him!” I call and I surprised myself among with everyone else who looks at me.
“Excuse me?” The server ask and I roll my eyes.
“You have been flirting with him all night and his wife it right there!” Ok I’m blaming the alcohol for my attitude. At least a part of it.
“I have not!”
“That’s enough.” Tatum says, stopping the server.
“But she…” The Server pushes and Tatum shakes her head, cutting her off.
“We are all god here. My husband doesn’t need anything at the moment. But I’ll let you know if he does.” She says with a sly grin and I can’t help but smile as the server storms off and Tatum shoots me a wink while the guys laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it!