I Do

Bauer

One month later.
We are completely moved into the new house, finally, and Christmas is about two weeks away. I’m on the search for the perfect gift for Patrick but what do you get for someone who already has everything?
“Babe?” Patrick ask as he walks into the living room.
“What’s up?” I ask as I look away from the paper I’m writing for my final on my computer.
“What are you doing?” He ask, jumping over the back of the couch and landing by me.
“I’m finishing up a paper for my final. Then I can graduate!” I squeal, becoming excited.
“Aw Tater Bater, I’m so proud of you! When is the ceremony?” He ask, becoming excited with me.
“Um it’s January 5th. I know it’s kind of a weird time to do it but, I guess that’s just when it worked out.” I tell him and he nods.
“Well luckily I don’t have a game that day. I’ll be there babe.” He says and kisses my cheek. “So I need to talk to you.” He says and sits up.
“I should have known.” I joke and he stops smiling. “What?”
“My family is coming to town.” He says and I stop smiling as well. “It will be fine. Look they know what happened but they also know that I love you. Tate it will be fine. I promise.” He says and I nod.
“When do they get here?” I ask.
“Next week. They will just be here for the holiday.” He says and I nod, take a dap breath, and nod again. “You’re nervous huh?” He ask and I nod
“I need to start running again.” I say and lean back. “It gives me something else to concentrate on.” I say with a small laugh and he nods.
“Well I have an idea.” He says with a sly grin.
“What are you up to Kaner?”
“Come on… Your paper can wait.” He says and grabs my hand, leading me towards the door.
“Patrick wait! Can I change? It’s snowing for crying out loud.” I tell and he nods.
“Ok but hurry up!”
After changing and getting decently bundled up, I meet Patrick by the front door and I am, for the second time, dragged by him and towards the Rover. “Patty where we going?” I ask as I look out the window.
“It’s a surprise Tater. Just let me surprise you.” He laughs and holds my hand in the center consul. “Trust me babe. You’re going to love it.” He says with a wink.
The car slows down and Patrick parks. I see where we are.
“REALLY?!” I shout, becoming excited. He nods and we both get out. I meet him in front of the Rover and he takes my hand.
Patrick’s POV
We walk into the pet store and she practically drags me over to where the puppies are and it doesn’t take her long to fall in love.
“Patrick this is the one!” She looks up at me as she picks up the little puppy German shepherd. It was adorable and I knew they were good dogs so I couldn’t argue. “It’s a boy.” She says as she looks up at me with hopeful eyes. How could I possible say no to her? Oh yeah, I couldn’t.
I walk up and pet the little puppy. He was cute. “Alright. Let’s get him.” I tell her and kisses me quickly before going to find a person who works here. I know the puppy is not a single purchase. She is now going to buy a bed, and food, and toys and god forbid probably clothes. “No clothes! We are not dressing up the dog!” I yell after her and she laughs.
“No worries Patty. When we get a lap dog one day I’ll dress her up.” She says and I groan.
“No lap dogs!”
.
.
Patrick’s POV
I’m sitting on the couch, just waking up from my nap when Tatum gets home from her run. She wasn’t kidding when she said she was going to start running again. She has gone three days in a row to the gym, she says she can’t wait for spring so she can run outside. My parents get here in two days and I know it’s making her nervous. I’m just guessing that she runs more when she is nervous, I don’t really know.
“Hey I’ll start your lunch right now. How was your nap?” She asked me as she slips off her coat and shoes.
“It was good. What are you making?” I ask, curious. I can honestly say that I have been getting incredibly spoiled with her as my wife. The little guys runs after her and she smiles and picks him up, kissing his head.
“Hello my little baby!” She says and he squirms in her arms making us both laugh as she sets him down.
“Tate we need to name.” I tell her and she nods with a smirk. “What?”
“Let’s name him Bauer.” She says with a smile.
“I love you.” I say, hopping over the couch and pulling her into my arms.
“I love you Patrick.” And her lips hit mine. The little cries from the floor brings us out of our moment and I bend down and pick up Bauer.
“Hey little Bauer. What’s up buddy? You getting jealous?” I say and she kisses his head before walking towards the kitchen. “Wait babe you never answered my question!” I call after her and she turns around with a confused look.
“What’s for lunch?” I ask and she rolls her eyes before walking back into the kitchen. “Mommy doesn’t like it when daddy gets annoying.” I tell Bauer and he just looks at me with big brown puppy eyes. I walk into the kitchen and sit at the counter. “How many likes did your instagram picture get?” She had posted a picture of us online, to make us seem like a normal couple. We have really kept to ourselves and we figured posting stuff to her instagram and Facebook couldn’t be that bad.
“Way to many! And my followers on Insta and Twitter sky rocketed.” She says and I nod. I pull my eyes away from her as I hear the doorbell. “Are we expecting anyone?” She ask and I shake my head no as I walk to the door.
I open and stare at my family in shock, “Surprise!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?