Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

10

Danny hasnt been around a lot. He's always working and he even accepted another project. Like what the fuck? He barely had any free time with the first project, now hes never home and when he is, he completely ignores me.

Currently it Saturday and finally convinced him to get out of the office and be with me. It started out fine, i was cuddling with him and we were watching a movie. Half way through the movie, his phone rang. I gave him a pleading look to just let it ring. Of course he checked it. "Its a client." He mumbled.

"Danny, the movie is almost over" I said "Let it ring."

"I cant, it'll be quick." I rolled my eyes and sighed before letting go of his bicep. He got up and walked to the kitchen. He was in there for 30 fucking minutes.

"What'd i miss?" he asked as he sat back down and draped his arm around my shoulders.

"the second half of the movie." I replied monotonously. I looked down at my hands and picked at the callouses on my palms.

"nix, come on" he said "dont be like that. it was important."

"More important than watching ONE movie with your fiance?" I asked "you promised that there was going to be no interruptions today because we barely see each other and then you go and talk with a client for half an hour."

"OK, im sorry baby" He said. when i wouldnt look at him, he pulled me onto his lap and lifted my head to look at him. "I really am, im so sorry."

"you keep saying that but-"

"Valentines day is coming up" He said "Im going to come home early, we're going to get dressed up, and im going to take you to an incredible restaurant and im going to treat you like a prince."

"You wont ditch me and stay at the office?"

"No, of course not" He said, Holding me tighter. "Especially not on valentines day."

"Im holding you to that, daniel." He cringed.

"I hate it when you say my name like that."

"You're going to start hearing it more often if you dont change." I said "These projects are eating you alive and it's jeopardizing or relationship."

"I know and im trying to get the projects done as fast as i can, baby" he put his hands low on my waist "The first project is pretty much done, we just need to get the roof finished. This project that im working on is a simple project that wont take long to complete."

"I hope so, i miss you and i dont want to lose you." i said "I love you so much."

"And i love you, nixon" He smiled "I love you so much." I chuckled

"Thats the first time you've said that in about a week." I said.

"Are yo serious?" I nodded. He took my face in his hands and kissed me. "I love you i love you i love you i love you." He repeated "I love you so much nixon, dont you ever doubt that."

"I love you too, baby." We were both tired and both agreed to just go to bed. He picked me up bridle style and walked to the room. We fell asleep quickly and i just wanted valentines days to come sooner.

---------------------------------
Valentines day.

Danny told me that he would be home by 5:30 and its 6:00 right now. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. It ringed twice before he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey." I said. "Um, where are you?"

"I was just about to call you." He said in a rushed voice "I got caught up at the office and ill be a little late."

"Danny!" I said in disbelief.

"I know, i know!" He said "Its going to take a bit, so i need you to drive yourself to the restaurant"

"What? what work could be more important than a valentines dinner with your fiance?"

"Nothing, i just got caught up and if i stop now, all the data will be lost."

"Whatever." I scoffed before hanging up. I got dressed and drove to a fancy Italian restaurant and walked in after fighting over a parking space.

I walked up to the hostess stand and a young woman was standing there. "Hi, i have a reservation under micheals." I said.

"Table for two?" She confirmed. I nodded. She smiled and grabbed two menus "Follow me, please."

She led me to a small table with two seats and set the menus on the table. "Your waiter should be here soon." I nodded and thanked her. A few minutes later, someone came up to the table. I thought it was danny, but when i looked up, i frowned. It was only the waiter. He had short, black hair, green eyes, a squared off jaw line and he was tall. He was quite handsome. "Hi, my name is jaime, i will be your waiter today" He smiled "Can i get you something to drink?"

I looked at the menu "Uhh, ill have the... Merlot wine please." He nodded and wrote it down. He motioned to the empty seat that was meant for danny. "would you like to order for your friend too?" I nodded. "How about the best scotch that this place has."

"Okay" he smiled "those should be right out." I nodded and smiled.

Danny still wasnt here by the time the drinks came. "Are you ready to order?" Jaime asked. I nodded, "Ill get the Alfredo pasta with shrimp please." He mumbled an 'ok' as he wrote it down. "Are you ordering for your friend too?" I shook my head. He nodded and walked away.

I pulled my phone out and called danny again. He didnt even answer. I clenched my jaw at the stinging in my eyes and looked out the window.

Half an hour later, my food came. I looked out the window as i ate some of it. A few minutes later, a car pulled up that looked like danny's car. I sat up straight and strained my eyes to look at the person getting out. Is he finally here?

No. It wasnt danny, It was another man coming here to have a wonderful dinner with his wife. I dropped my fork in the bowl of half finished pasta and put my head in my hands. "who is everyth-" Jaime started "Are you okay? is the food bad?" I blinked back my tears and looked at me. Danny is now an hour late.

"No, the food is great" I croaked "It's just that my fiance promised that he would get out of the office to come here and he isnt here."

"Im sorry to hear that." I nodded. "Is there anything else you need?" I shook my head.

"I think im just going to go, can i get a box for this and my check?" He nodded and grabbed my plate and took it to the kitchen. He came back with my food and my bill. I put my credit card on the plate and he took it away.

He came back moments later and gave me my card back. "Sorry to hear about your fiance." I smiled sadly at him. I just want to get out of hear so i wouldnt look like a fool and cry in public. I downed the untouched scotch and walked out.

When i got out to my car i sat in there and cried. I dont know how long i was there for, but after a while, there was a knock at my window. I raised my head from my hands and looked out the window to see jaime with a sad smile on his face. I rolled down the window and wiped my tears. "Sorry do i need to move?" I sniffled.

"No, no" He said "I just noticed that you were still here and my shift just ended. You're in no shape to drove home, and its almost midnight. would you like to stay the night at my house?"

"I dont know." I sobbed "I dont want to be a burden. You probably have a valentine to get to anyways."

"I broke up with my boyfriend a month ago, im valentine less." He smiled.

"I wouldn't be a bother?"

"Of course not." He said. "I have a spare bedroom and you could spend the night and then i can bring you here in the morning and you can return to where you live." I thought about it for a second.

"You're not some serial killer are you?" I joked, wiping the fresh tears away. He chuckled and shook his head.

"No, im not" He smiled "Come on, lets get you cleaned up and out of this monkey suit." I looked down at the uncomfortable suit i was wearing. I smiled and opened the door when he stepped back. we got in his nice car and we drove to a near by apartment complex.

He shoved the door open and we walked into the living room. "It's not much, but it works." He said as he threw his keys on the kitchenette counter and hung his jacket up. "You can take a shower or have a snack for whatever." He said.

"I just want to sleep." I sniffled. He led me to the guest bedroom and told me where the bathroom and everything was. "Do you need any sleep clothes?" He asked. I had a tank top under my dress shirt all i needed was pants. "Do you have pants i could borrow?"

He nodded and walked across the hall to his room and came back out seconds later with a pair of neatly folded pajama pants. "Thank you so much."

"Not a problem. those might be a bit too big." He was much more muscular and he was much taller than i was. I nodded and thank him again before he walked out and closed the door. I pulled the pants on ad they hung off of me... just like danny's pants do. I cradled into the bed and covers and cried more.