Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

9

"No, please listen to me Mr. Marks" I leaned forward in my chair and rubbed my temple with my free hand, "there is absolutely no way that we can make anymore changes to the house or make the pool larger. The frame work for the house has been changed so many times and it's now secured and we're starting to add on. The pool is already going to stretch the boundaries of your property."

This happened every fucking day. The customer would call and then demand something to be altered on the project and he's done it so many times and i keep telling him that it is impossible to do anymore to his house, but he doesnt fucking get it!

He ranted at me, as usual, and hung to rant at someone else. I sighed and put the phone back on the receiver and puts my head in my hands and rubbed my face. I looked at my watch, 1:20. Only half of the day is over and i already want to just go home and sleep for a few weeks. I heard the door to my office open, but i just expected it to be john. "Danny?" It was nixon. I lifted my head up out of my hands and looked at him. He had what looked like take away chinese food in his hands.

"Um... hi" He almost never comes to my office "Umm, what are you doing here?"

"I just figured you hadn't eaten, sorry" He rushed "I can leave." God i hated this, its like he's scared of me and i hate that i let him think that i would ever hurt him. Im trying so hard to not lash out at him, I've been going to the gym to exercise the stress out, but im constantly working and i sometimes dont have the energy or the time for it.

"No, no" i said "I want you to stay. Thank you for bringing me lunch, baby." His face lightened. I scooted the chair back and patted my lap. He blushed and looked at the floor, but walked over and sat in my lap.

"What did you get?" I asked. He put the cartons on the desk and opened one of them.

"Um, chicken fried rice for you and sesame chicken and white rice for me." He said. He also had a small plastic bag that had forks and two fortune cookies and something else, but i couldnt see what it was. He got out the forks and handed one to me and handed me the carton with the chicken fried rice. He opened his cartons and speared a piece of chicken and blew on it before popping it in his mouth. After he swallowed, he took a bit of white rice.

He noticed me staring and gave me a confused look. "What?" I just shrugged and smiled at him.

"I love you. i feel like i dont tell you that enough and im sorry" He smiled widely "I love you so much, nix." He leaned forward and kissed me.

"I love you too, baby." He said happily. We ate our food and conversed lightly. We finished eating and now we were just sitting on the chair and cuddling. I was resting my head on his shoulder and he was resting his head on my head. He was playing with my fingers and my hair.

"I got you a cookie from the bakery." He said, braking the silence. I smiled.

"What kind?"

"Your favorite kind." He teased. Homemade chocolate chip and oatmeal, he knows me so well.

"Im too full now, but i will definitely have it later on." He smiled down at me and kissed me. My office phone started to ring and and sighed and pulled away. I picked up the phone and put it to my ear.

"Daniel Michaels." i Sighed.

"Danny, You're needed at the site." It was john. I sighed. "Im sorry, but im only one man against 50 workers."

"No, its fine." Nixon sighed sadly and rested his head on my forehead. "I'll be there in 15." I hung up the phone and put it back on the receiver and stared at nixon. "I have to go." I whispered.

"When will this stupid project be over with?" He asked. I chuckled.

"I dont know baby, i have the worst client and the worst workers ever." I mumbled "But this is going to be such a great pay that i couldnt pass it up." He nodded "It should be over by the late spring, early summer." He nodded again and slid off of my lap.

He kissed me good bye when i walked him to his car. "Ill have dinner ready by the time you get home." I nodded.

"I dont know when ill get home, but ill get home as soon as possible."

"Ill just put a pizza in, then."

"Okay, ill see you later." I kissed him once again and watched him drive back to the bakery." I walked to my own car and drove to the site. I pulled up next to johns car and got out, zipping my jacket to fend against the cold blowing wind. I joined john and stood next to him. He was slightly shivering and he was clutching a steaming coffee cup in his glove covered hands. I bumped shoulders with him and he looked at me.

"Go warm up, ill take over." He smiled at me and patted my back once and walked to his car and i could see him quickly turn on the heat and blow into his hands.

When i finally got home at around 10:20, i just wanted to take a hot shower with nixon and go to bed. I walked into the flat and all of the lights were still on and i could hear the tv in the living room. I walked in and snagged a cold piece of pizza from the pan in the kitchen. I went to the living room and was greeted with a sleeping nixon. Tux was sleeping in the bend on his knees. He heard me coming and looked up at me and chirped. I smiled and rubbed his head lightly before bending down to pick up nixon.

I carried him to the bedroom and then went into the bathroom and took a long, hot shower before going to bed and cuddling with nixon.

The next morning was the weekend so we both had it off. I looked at the clock and it was 2:30 in the afternoon. I chuckled and looked down at nixon, who was still pressed against my chest. I pulled him impossibly closer and kissed his neck. "I love you." I whispered. He mumbled something tiredly and i smiled at him.

"What?" I giggled.

"I lu you." He mumbled again. I turned his head and kissed him softly.

"We should get up soon." I whispered.

"No way in hell." He said. I laughed and laid back down.
♠ ♠ ♠
not as long as i wanted it, and not as excitable as i wanted it to be, but it'dd get more exciting later. Sorry if its boring.