Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

18

"Danny, please stay home." Nixon begged "its Saturday and we planned on spending the day together." I sighed and shook my head.

"I can't, I have to meet with the client that I was building the huge house for" I said "it's finished and I have to show him around. I'll be back around 2 in the afternoon, though." He looked down at his hands.

"Ok." He mumbled "can I at least get a kiss?" I quickly bent down and pecked him on the lips before walking out of the flat.
-
After showing the client around the perimeter of the house and the interior, we met up next to the front door.

"I'm very pleased by the house, nice work." He praised.

"Thank you, I'm glad you like it." We shook hands and smiled before I opened the door and walked out. I walked to my car and quickly started it up. I looked at the time on the radio, 2:30. I should probably get home.

I drove to the flat, but when I walked in Nixon wasn't there. "Nixon!?" I called. The house was silent, but both cats trotted around the couch to greet me. I bent down and pet them. B.C meowed and they both walked into the kitchen and over to their food and water dishes. I quickly fed them and was about to call Nixon when I saw a note on the kitchen counter.

"I went out for lunch and shopping with Amy, Mikey, Noah, and Matthew. If you need food, I made you a burger and fries. They're in the microwave and you might need to heat them up. I should be back soon, I love you." I shrugged and threw the sheet of paper into the recycling bin.

After eating, I got up from my seat on the couch and put my plate in the sink. My back pocket started to vibrate, so I quickly took it out and looked at the caller ID. John.

"Hey." I answered.

"Good job on finishing the project! Lets go out for a drink." He said.

"I don't know man, today was kind of a day for me and Nixon" said "he's out now becaus I was just showing the client around the house, I think I should stay home for today and spend the rest if the night with Nixon."

"Come on, Danny!" He begged "it'll be a lot of fun and you haven't been out in ages, you and Nixon can do your own little thing tomorrow." I guess a drink or two wouldn't be so bad.

"Fine, but only a few drinks and then I leave."

"Cool man, I'll come pick you up in one hour." I looked at the clock and it was only 5:55.

"Seems a little bit early for a drink at 7:00 doesn't it?"

"Nah man, get ready." I smiled and hung up before plopping down on the couch.
-
*nixon pov

"But the project ended today so it's one less thing to worry about with him, but knowing him he'll take up another job and go crazy with it." I mumbled as I turned my plastic smoothie cup in my hands.

"How often is he home?" Mikey asked. He's been out of the flat for about 3 weeks, he's at his own small place now.

I shrugged my shoulders "he didn't even come home a few days ago, he slept at the office."

"Do I need to beat that man to death?" Amy asked. I chuckled and shook my head.

"No don't beat the man I love." I chuckled.

"Nixon, this isn't right" Noah said "he isn't doing anything else but working, he needs to take care of himself and give his fiancé at least a little attention."

"He comes around, he always nice and loving to me he just doesn't make time to show it a lot."

"When was the last time he said 'I love you'?" Amy asked.

"Yesterday, when he left for work." They all shook their heads.

"He hasn't said it since?"

I shook my head. "Last night, he came home after I fell asleep and this morning he woke up late and had to rush to get everything finalized, but he gave me a quick kiss and then the second time I guess he just... Forgot."

"Nixon, you need to do something about this."

"I know I know." I grumbled.
-
"Bye Amy! Have a good night!" I called from the car. She turned around and smiled at me as she waved.

"Drive safely!" She called. I pulled away from the curb and started my drive home. When I walked in, all of the lights instead of the one hanging over the island were off. "Danny?" I called. When I didn't get a response, I walked into the kitchen and noticed that were was a small note on the counter.

"Nixon, I went out to a bar to celecrate the finishing of the house with John and some other co-workers, I'll be back soon." I sighed and threw the paper away.

I walked down the hall and into the bathroom where I stripped and started running water for a shower. So much for our day together. I stepped into the hot stream of water and let my stressed muscles relax.
-
At about 12:30, I was still sitting on the couch when the door opened and Danny stumbled in. When he saw me, smiled and came over to me. He sat down next to me and his hands were all over me.

"Hey, baby." He slurred, one hand playing with my hair and the other placed on my thigh.

"Hi, Daniel." I mumbled. He pouted and leaned closer to me.

"Don't be like that baby, come on let's have some fun." He started sloppily kissing my neck. I pushed him away with my elbow.

"I'm not in the mood right now Daniel." I said. Even though I stressed my point of not wanting to do anything, he still pushed.

"Stop it Daniel!" I shouted. I pushed him will all my might and he fell back on the couch. I was getting up when he grabbed my arm and held me there. He got up and I thought he was going to start shouting, but instead a loud slap and a stinging on my face occurred. I started wide eyed at Danny. He has never once hit me.

I could feel tears well up in my eyes and he didn't even look fazed by what he did. I yanked my arm out of his hand and pushed him onto the floor. I ran to the front door and grabbed my car keys, phone, wallet, and jacket.

I ran out the door and to the parking garage. I got in my car and drove to Amy's house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I SO SORRY FOR BEING SO SHITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything has been crazy and yesterday, I fell asleep while writing this update. I'm sorry guys!!!!!