Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

22

"What?!" John shouted when I told him the news.

"Keep it down, John." I mumbled. I leaned back in my chair and rubbed my hands over my face. I hated not waking up next to Nixon or kissing him good morning or goodbye when I left for work.

"Why?"

"I need to straighten my shit out before I can have him back." I said "me working 24/7 isn't good for our relationship and I could feel it start to dissolve, I don't want that to happen." He puckered his lips and nodded.

"I hope it works out." I nodded and stood up.

"Lets go the meeting is starting soon." He nodded and we both stood up and left the room.
-
At the meeting I went out to lunch. As I was walking, I noticed that I was passing by the bakery. When I saw Nixon and that guy, Jaime, I couldn't help but feel jealous. If he makes a move on Nixon, I'm going to flip my shit.
-
Later that night when I opened the door on instinct is said "Nixon! Baby I'm home!" The only reply that I got was from the two cats, who walked up to me and rubbed up against my leg.

I sighed and closed the door and walked into the lonely flat. I fed the cats and then reheated a piece of pizza from the night before.
-
Nixon** a month later
"Hey, you guys can go home" I said to my two employees "I'm just going to clean up and lock up the store."

"We can help, nix." Noah said.

"No, no, go home it's late." I insisted "really, there's not a lot of things to clean and you guys have a busy day tomorrow. I'll see you guys tomorrow." Matthew help Noah slip his jacket on and then grabbed his own.

"Ok... See you tomorrow then." Noah said.

"Drive safe." I said as they walked out of the door. I sighed as the door closed and once they were out of sight, I put my head in my hands.

I haven't heard from Danny since we split. He said that he would call me regularly, but his calls haven't come. I miss him so much. Sometimes I see him pass by the bakery and I just want to run out and kiss and hug him but I know that I can't. He's always either on the phone or talking to someone important looking when he goes past. I even saw him with another man as if they were on a date of something. They were laughing and talking and Danny even put his hand on the small of the guys back to lead him into a restaurant. This obviously made me upset and confused. Wasn't the reason he told us to take a break was so he could focus on getting work done?

Suddenly the bell on the door rang. "Sorry we're closed." I said as I lifted my face. I expected to see a customer but it was just Jaime. I sighed and gave him a small smile.

"Why the long face?" He asked, walking up to the counter.

I shrugged "just thinking. You know, the usual."

"Well, lets get you to stop thinking, lock this place up and go get drinks?"

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm not a big drinker and I'm not in the mood."

"Come on!" He whined "please! You might have fun!"

"Maybe some other time." I shrugged "when Im in the mood."

"If you sit at home and mope then you will never be in the mood." He said "come on we're going to a bar, lock up and I'll drive us."

"Fine, but I have to clean up first and bring the left overs to the shelter."

"Ok! Go go go! I'll help clean up."
-
As we walked into the club I could already see guy grinding on each other and kissing and drinking. I stopped Jaime.

"Why did you bring me to a gay bar?" He smiled and shrugged.

"Thought maybe you could use some cheering up." He winked.

"You know that I still waiting for Danny, jaime." He sighed.

"Not to sound rude but how long are you going to be waiting for him? It's been a month and he has talked to you once and you even saw him with another guy!" He said "I'm not letting my friend mope around waiting for a guy that might never come around. Besides, I'm here for me too."

I sighed "then I'll have one drink and in the time that I have that one drink you better find a guy. After that I'm going home and you can stay out."

He frowned, but nodded. We walked into the club and instantly there were guys giving us an up down look. We walked to the bar both ordered a drink and once he got his he was instantly drug to the dance floor by a handsome man. I took a sip of my drink and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone sit next to me. I could feel their eyes on me. I looked over at the man, he was handsome, but not as handsome as Danny.

He smiled at me and I have him a small smile back. "What's a cute little thing like you doing here?" I rolled my eyes and looked at my glass.

"What's your name?" He asked. "I'm Ryan by the way."

"Nixon." I mumbled. He leaned closer.

"What?" He raised his voice to be heard over the music.

"Nixon." I said louder. He nodded and leaned back.

"Well, Nixon would you like to dance?" I looked behind me and saw all of the men grinding. If this is the dance that he's referring to them no.

"I'm not much of a dancer." I said, taking another sip of my drink.

"That's fine, come on I suck at dancing too." He insisted. I shook my head and he pouted.

"I'm just here because a friend dragged me here, he wanted to pick someone up and wanted me to stop moping around."

"Why are you moping?"

"Relationship stuff." He nodded.

"So you have a boyfriend?" I shrugged.

"Kind of. More like a fiancé that wanted to take a break because of his work." I said

"How long has it been?"

"A month. What's worse is that he told me that he would call me and he never did and I even saw him with another man so..."

"Like a date?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, I hope not. But they were laughing and talking and they were all casual and my fiancé or what ever you want to call him out his hand in the small of the guys back to lead him into a restaurant."

The guy sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry to hear that." I shrugged.

"Can I buy you another drink?" I looked down at my glass and realized that it was empty. I shook my head.

"I told my friend that after one drink I was going to get him and his little friend and we were going to leave and he was going to take me to my car and I would go home." I turned in my chair and looked around the club for Jaime.

The person that I found was not Jaime. It was Danny. Grinding with some guy. My stomach fell and my eyes began to water. I quickly got up and stomped out of the club. Screw Jaime, I'll just walk to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING!! I've been so busy with work and friends, but enjoy this chapter