Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

29

After Ryan pulled me into his apartment, he led to over to the couch and sat down next to me and rubbed my back as I hyperventilated against his shoulder, trying to calm down. This honestly brought back memories from when my dad beat me when I was younger and it made me incredibly scared.

Ryan rocked me back and forth and rubbed my back. Danny used to do that when ever something like this happened so I just reacted how I would with Danny and climbed into Ryan's local without even thinking.

He wrapped both arms around me and I clutched thighy into the soft fabric of his shirt. With my eyes clenched shut and my breathing becoming normal, I started to calm down.
-
"Do you want to stay over and take a nap before going?" He asked me silently a bit after I calmed down, "are you sure you're ok to work?"

I nodded, "it's usually busy on weekends." I mumbled. I was still in his lap. His fingernails and finger tips ran up and down my spine and sent chills through my body. I was slumped against him, my forehead on his shoulder and my shoulders slumping and my back arched, my arms were limp at my sides and he back of my hands were resting on his upper thighs. I was two tired right now. I just wanted to sleep.

"So are you going to nap?" He asked again "you have about 3 and a half hours until you work." I nodded and he patted my back and I slowly got up and walked myself to his bedroom. He followed behind and laid with me until I fell asleep.
-
"Nixon." A voice said as my body shook. I mumbled something but neither of us could understand. "Nix." It shook me again and I opened my eyes.

I realized that I was in Ryan's room and he was leaning over the edge of the bed, his hand still on my shoulder. I looked at him through squinted eyes as I twisted and rolled my body to stretch. I groaned and then relaxed and rubbed my eyes.

"You have to get ready for work." He said quietly.

"What time is it?" My voice was raspy from crying and sleep.

"About 2:00" he said. I nodded and sat up and stretched again.
-
"Thank you so much to earlier, sorry if I was a burden." I said to Ryan as he saw me out in the parking garage.

"Of course not" he said "drive safe, I'll talk to you soon." I nodded and drove off. I quickly went home to change and then drove to the bakery.
-
Noah hugged me tightly when I told him what happened when I got to work. We havent opened yet and I told him what happened in the back room.

"It's going to be okay." I hugged him back tighly and squeezed my eyes shut tightly. I pulled back and smiled at him.

"We better get ready, we open in 5 minutes." He nodded and I went into the front and quickly wiped down the counter and tables.
-
I sighed I locked up the door to the shop. We got hammered today. It was so busy, I never got a chance to sit down. I slumped in a chair and groaned.

I suddenly felt a pair of hands on my shoulders and jolted and looked behind me. Noah was behind me rubbing my shoulders. I sighed a quiet laugh and leaned my head back and enjoyed the touch.

"Why don't you take the day off tomorrow?" He asked quietly. I heard Matthew and Nichole's foot steps enter the main lobby. I shook my head.

"Being here makes me forget everything that's been happening." I mumbled, my eyes closed.

"Really, Nixon" Matthew sighed "take the day off, you'll exhaust yourself if you keep going on like this."

"I exhausted myself a long time ago, Matty." I mumbled.

"And that's why you're taking tomorrow off and staying home." He said. "If you try to could here, we'll just kick you out. Jackson is working tomorrow and you know how strong he is, he can through you out easily."

I just chuckled and sighed as Noah's magical hands stopped. "Now go and get some rest." Noah said, I nodded and waved by before walking out "don't come tomorrow!" I heard him Noah just before the door closed.
-

When I got home, Jaime was already asleep in his bed. I went to my room and sat on the edge of the bed. Thoughts of what Danny and I had been like flooded my mind and then compared them to what was going on now. I was so tired and deep in thought that I hadn't realize an hour had gone by since I started thinking about him.

I slowly changed into pajamas and then shuffled into jaime's room with tears running down my cheeks. He was sound asleep and looked peaceful.

When I slipped under the covers and he woke up slightly. "Nix? What're you doin?" He mumbled, eyes half open.

"I just need someone right now." I sobbed. He held me close to him and ran his fingers through my hair and hushed me occasionally.

After a while I became too tired to even cry anymore and passed out in Jamie's arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys sorry this update is so late and shitty, I'm going to start writing a longer and better chapter tomorrow so think of this as a filler. Thank you guys so much for reading!