Forgotten

Chapter One

“Reporting for duty, Captain Hitsugaya.” A soft voice called out, interrupting the silence of the Captain's office.

“There’s no need to be so formal Miyu, it’s only me here.” The white spiky headed Captain informed, peering up from his paper work to stare at the young woman in front of him.

“Oh.” Miyu’s cheeks darken as she blushed. “I wasn’t sure if Rangiku was in here, sorry Toshiro.” The woman murmured, moving into the centre of the room to find that it was indeed empty.

“N-not like it matters.” Toshiro stated bitterly, catching Miyu’s full attention.

“What’s wrong Toshiro?” Miyu approached Toshiro with concern and he heaved a sigh, this time he was the one blushing and he was also avoiding eye contact with her.

“I accidentally fell asleep at my desk earlier today” Toshiro explained, sounding defeated. “Rangiku walked in and overheard me sleep talking; I may have said your name a couple of times… well maybe a few good times, no well actually a lot.” He rested his forehead in the palm of his head as he leant on his desk.

“Tsk, I told you, you need to be looking after yourself better Toshiro.” Miyu stated with concern as she peered down at her superior. “Let me check your vitals.”

Toshiro shook his head as soon as she uttered those words and unfazed Miyu leant over, exposing her cleavage as she took his chin into her hand, rendering him still. She hovered millimetres from his lips.

“Let me do my job Toshiro, let me take care of you.” Miyu stated, matter-of-factly.

“A-alright.” Toshiro gasped lightly.

A ghost of a smile appeared on Miyu’s lips before she let go of the Captain and moved away, hearing a disgruntled sigh pass his lips.

Miyu took out her medical equipment from the kit she had been carrying and begun a check up on Toshiro’s health. Miyu was a medical Shinigami from Squad Four and currently held the third seat in her Division. She had long silvery blue hair that she usually had styled up because of her work and bright gold brown eyes.

“So why did you call for me anyway?” Miyu asked, as she continued to assess him.

“There have been some disturbances in the World of the Living. Captain Yamamoto has asked me to gather a team and investigate, a previous team was sent to investigate but they’ve gone missing and we can’t contact Rukia of Squad 13 nor the substitute shinigami Ichigo Kurosaki.” He explained in detail as Miyu listened carefully to what he was saying.

“You suspect that they may be severely injured or worse and require a medical shinigami to go with you as a part of your team.” Miyu finished his sentence and Toshiro gave a sharp nod.

“Your Captain agreed that picking you was the right choice, she said yes immediately.” Toshiro concluded and Miyu nodded her head in understanding.

“Have you picked the rest of the team?” Miyu asked, finishing the last of the check up before packing away her gears.

“Rangiku will be joining us as well as Momo Hinamori from Squad Five.” Toshiro concluded.

Miyu nodded her head again but this time numbly. Toshiro wasn’t aware of the circumstances but Miyu and Momo had a lot of tension between themselves because they could never see eye to eye when it came to Toshiro. Momo is Toshiro’s childhood friend and Miyu is Toshiro’s current girlfriend, which means Momo felt like Miyu was stealing Toshiro’s attention away from Momo. However at the end of the day Miyu and Toshiro were happily in a relationship and Momo respected that, not for Miyu’s sake but Toshiro’s.

“Are you okay, Miyu?” Toshiro asked, bringing Miyu out of her train of thoughts.

“I’m just nervous; I’ve never been to the World of the Living before.” Miyu explained without batting an eyelash.

“You’ll find a lot of things interesting, we leave tomorrow morning.”

“Ah okay, well, you’re vitals are all looking okay, for now.” Miyu added when Toshiro gave her a triumphant smirk. “Just don’t overdo yourself.” She ordered before leaning down and meeting his lips in a soft kiss. It lasted for a few moments longer before she pulled back and tucked some loose bangs behind her ear.

“I’ll see you later.” She farewelled with a wave of her hand as she left his office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this was a slow start! I just wanted to establish Miyu and Toshiro's relationship!