Everything You Have Done to Me

Friendship

"Hello Mrs. Worsnop!" I yelled when I arrived at Dannys house. His mother was working in the foryard as allways. I had never seen her somewhere else, actually. "Hello Zoe." she whiped the sweat away. It was pretty hot that day. "Danny's in his room." I nodded in respond and made my way through the allways open door just like the other day, only that I liked it this time. "Danny! I'm here!!" I yelled and made my way up the stairs. To my surprise I didn't hear any foodsteps coming towards me, so I just made my way into his room. But before I could enter it, the door right on the other side of the hallway opened and a wet haired Danny, only wearing a towel around his hips, appeared in front of me. My cheek went deep, deep....deep red. Hell, I never was that uncomfortable before...ever. With an other towel he rubbel his hair dry which made them all messy and I was abel to see his complette face propperly for the first time. He didn't looked bad at all. Bright blue-green eyes, stubbles on his cheek and chin and dimples which only revealed when he smiled. Seemed like he wasn't uncomfortable at all. "Hello. Sorry, I just came out of the shower." he laught and waved with his one hand while the other one was still rubbing his hair. "It's not like you didn't know when I would be here." I joked. "Sure I knew when you would be here.." he just said and laught a bit more. "What's so funny?" I asked and crossed my arms infront of my chest. "Oh nothing, I just like you starring like a maniac." he then crossed his arms as well...and the blush returned, heavier then ever but only then I noticed that I was indeed starring like an ideot. So, I tore my look away from him which made my heard bleed a bit...but only a bit. "I'll go..." I stammered and pointed toward Dannys room. As a respond he nodded and followed me which surprised me. "You don't want to get dressed?" I asked before I sat down on his bed. "Sure but my clothes are in my room, you know?" he said as if I just said something really stupid...which was right in one way. "Yeah...sure.." When he opened his wardrobe, a giant wave of black hit my face. "Let me guess, black skinny jeans and a "bandshirt"?" I asked, hoping that it wouldn't offend him. "You don't like the way I dress? I can stay naked as well, if you want me to..." he said, a cheeky smink on his face. Aaand the blush returned...again. "No, it's cool. Black's cool." I said quickly. After that it became silent for a minute but it wasn't awkward at all. "Do we stay here or do you want to go somewhere today?" he asked, still focused on his wardrobe. "You can decide, I don't care." I just said. "Ok, then we'll chill here." with that he picked some clothes and turned around towards me. "See." he showed me the things he had chosen. "Not even black." he laught while I stuck my tongue out towards him. "I'll be right back, one minute."
He came back only some minutes later, all dressed and hair pushed back. He wore some shorts and a tank top which almost revealed his chest. I started to get a picture of this guy...such a tease.
"How long will you stay by the way?" he asked suddenly which prevented me from starring again. "I'm here for only twenty minutes and you're allready asking me for leaving?" I fake-snapped. One could tell that he was searching for an appropate answer...a clever joke..one of those "see how clever I am" sentences. But instead he said: "Sunday it is then." with a smink on his face. "Wait what?" I yelled laughing. "It's friday, dude. Don't you think I have anything else to do?" I said, hoping that he just did a joke. "Have you?" and I thought...and thought...and shit. "I uhm..." "Exactly." He got me with that, actually. "I need to do homework." I tried to get myself out of that situation. "Me too, we can do them together. I'm going to help you with history." "We have homework in history? Good to know." he laught at that and so did I. "Allright, Sunday it is." he claped his hands enthusiastic only to realise that we had no idea what to do. "Uhm..." he said which made the situation so fucking awkward that it was even funny. "Holy shit, I want that moment to last for ever." I brust out into laugher. "I know what you mean." with that, Danny said down next to me on his bed, his legges crossed. "Hey, I know you said that you don't like the music, me and my band make, but I wrote a song..." he began "It's called Someone, Somewhere. I think you'll like it. Whatever, the guys and I wanted to meet sunday to practice the song." I had no idea what he wanted to tell me, to be honest. "You want to come with me? Meeting my band?" my eyes grew wide, suddenly. I never expected him to invite me meeting his friends. But next to the surprise there was also honor. I was honored that he trusted me and that he thought that his friends would like me. Otherwise, he hadn't asked me to join him, had he? "Uhm...sure.." I hesitated "Yeah, I'd love to." I said then, more confident. "Awesome!" Danny yelled which was pretty sweet. "So, one reason more to stay here until sunday.." he added. I facepalmed and shook my head. "Sure...whatever.." I laught, not abel to believe what I just said.
"Fuck yeah!" he yelled again in happieness. "Ok, here is the plan. Today, we're going to work on the project and later we'll watch some movies. Tomorrow we'll go out and sunday we'll meet my band. Cool?" I indeed was cool with that but then I noticed something: "Did you just said, that we will go out?" I lifted an eyebrow. Danny was searching for words: "No no, I mean just going out like friends. Just wandering around or maybe some Starbucks...maybe a dinner." he whispered the last part but I still was abel to hear it. But instead of talking about it, I just let it go and accepted it. "Whatever, I'd like that." I gave him a warm smile which he answered with a matching one.
So, we started working on our very own song. Well, he allready wrote the lyrics, so it was more his then ours but whatever. The song he showed me was called "Savior". I did my best to be productiv, but as I said earlier, I didn't play any instruments and Danny would sing, so I couldn't do that much. But instead of being a productiv part of the group, I sucked in every information Danny gave me about anything. He told me a lot about songwriting and singing in general. He also taught me some more rhythms on guitar but he told me that he's actually a miserable guitarist and that a guy called Ben could teach me much more on sunday, perhabs. I assumed that this Ben was the guitarist of the band then.
The time went by so fast. It only felt like one houre or so when it allready was 9 p.m and surly, I didn't like that but suddenly I was happy that I agreed staying there until sunday. I was sure that this weekend was going to be a nice one even though I had to explain some things to Jess later but whatever. At this point I felt like it was time to start being honest to myself. I knew that Jess wasn't a good friend at all. I wasn't even sure whether she really was some sort of friend or whether she only liked my money and this question hurted. It really did. I didn't know what happened to me the past few weeks and months but I felt like I've changed and I was sure that it was for the good. I still remembered what my Dad said once, that he was disappointed by me, it came into my head every day and every minute to be completely honest and I also couldn't forget Dannys face when Jake and his friends were "making fun" of him. I've never seen so much despair in one face and it sticks in my head. That was is, when I remembered something: "Uhm..Danny?" I asked, uncomfortable to bring this up again. "Yeah?" he looked up from his little lyric shiet which seemed like a santuary to him. "Did you ever got a new Ipot after...you know..?" it was calm for a second. I guess he didn't expected me bringing that up. "No." was his simple answer. And then, I smiled. This was good, so I was abel to make it up to him. "How about going shopping tomorror?" I smiled, hoping that he wouldn't get what my plan was. "Sure." he smiled. I guessed, he didn't got it. Good thing.
It became late, 11 p.m to be exactly and we were watching our third movie which was seven pounds. One could tell that Danny was fighting against the tears but so was I. This movie is unbelievable sad. We were just sitting next to each other. No holding hands, no cuddling, only two people watching a sad ass movie and I was comfortable with that. To me, it was a sure thing that Dannys was 100% focused on the movie but suddenly he asked me a wierd question which made me think: "Zoe? Are we friends?" Even though, I thought about it for a, I guess, too long time to take the answer seriously, I was sure that we were. But what kind of a friend would I be, denieing him at school, acting as if I wouldn't like him, ignoring him, or even worse, making fun of him with Jess and whoever? That was not what a friendsship is supposed to be. I had to take a decision, I had to chose and I was sure that I would chose the right side. "Naw dude, you're embarrasing." I said, trying my best not to brust out into laughters. He didn't got the joke, insteat he looked down to the ground, crushed. "Why are you here then?" he asked then sternly, not to say upset. And then...I jumped into his arms, making the both of us hit the ground. "I was joking Dan." I yelled between laughers. "Sure we are, ideot." His face was priceless but there was also seriousnes in his expressions. One could tell that he was happy. Very happy. "I loved hearing that." he whispered and hugged me back thightly. We stayed like that for some secondes more.
Let me say something, at that point. I don't know whether you share my oppinion at this point but I think a real friendship is only a real friendship when you can be disgusting in front of the other one without him or her being distgusted. You know? Like you brup and the first reaction of your friend is "Oh, you can do better!" or "Good one, dude." Exactly, that's what a real friendship is to me and I was more than positiv that this friendship was going to be a real one. I don't want to deepen this topic too much, at this point...
A sure thing was, Danny was such a "real" friend, we found out the following hours. To be honest, I had the time of my life. I never knew that I was capable of being so happy but I was. Sadly, a more serious topic came up pretty soon: "May I ask whether Jake will find out about this here?" and I mentaly facepalmet. I completely forgot about him but when his name came up, the problems we had the past few weeks came up as well. "Uhm...I don't know. Actually, I'm not even sure whether I still want to be with him..." I mumbled, not sure whether I should talk about it with Danny, in such a early state of our friendship. "What do you mean?" he looked worried. "I don't know." I was just going to tell him. "We're getting into fights all the time, he's jealious all the fucking time...unnessesary shit like that." I said as if it would be nothing. "I'm sorry hearing that." "No, it's allright." I forced a smile on my face and tried to drag this conversation into an other direction.
At around 1 a.m I became tired and one could tell Danny was fighting to stay awake as well. By then I wondered where I would sleep, there was only one bed there..."Uhm Danny? Where will I sleep?" I asked unconfortable. "In my bed?" he said as if it would be the most obvious thing ever. "Allright..." I hesitated. "...and you will...?" "Don't worrie, I'll sleep on the ground. The carpet is fluffy enough." he smiled one of those "Don't worrie about me"-smiles but I would feel bad, sleeping in a warm bed while he would have to sleep on the hard, cold ground. "You sure? I can sleep on the ground as well, no problem, really." I ensured him but he didn't let me resist. "Nope, I'll stay down here. Hold on, I'll just get some blankets and pillows and shit." he said, leaving the room. I, on the other hand, made myself a home in his bed which was very comfortable and it smelled amazing as well. So, one can imagine that the situation was pretty awkward when Danny caught me, sucking in the smell of his pillow, with my entire face. "What the fuck are you doing there?" came from the door and a "wft"-face looked at me. "Nothing...we have to sleep now. Good night." I said hurried while my cheecks turned deep red, again.
"Good night, Zoe. I really did enjoy the day." where the last words I heard and before I could answer, I fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that Someone Somewhere and Savoir weren't even writen, when he was that young and I also know that Savoir is no duett..but for the sake of the story :D It's not like the rest of the story really happend, so whatever :D