Status: Update whenever I can

Every Part of Me

Chapter 2

The next day I woke up to see Eddie making eggs like always. He was humming so I decided to surprise him that I was here. I walked behind him and tickled him down his spine and he laughed. "Morning sunshine" I smiled and walked over to him. I reached up on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck. He put his hands on my hips and lifted me up slightly. "You're looking pretty this morning" he kissed my neck.
"How pretty do I look?" I bit my bottom lip.
"Enough for a hot kiss" he smiled and his eyes lit up. Every time he smiled his eyes got brighter. "Bring it on Mr. Lack" I smiled and pulled him to me for a kiss.
While we were kissing the door bell rang. "Don't worry" Eddie said and went back to kissing me. "Ed it's my parents" I mumbled as he kissed my neck. "So" he whispered. I shook my head and jumped down from him to open the door.

"Mom, dad" I greeted them. "Hello sweetheart" my mom hugged me.
"Hey" my dad hugged me. "Where's your husband?"
"He's inside making breakfast." I walked them to the kitchen.
"Oh hello darling" my mother said to Eddie.
"Hello Mrs. Treletta" he smiled.
"What about me Sweden?" my dad said to him. "Dad his name's Eddie" I scolded him.
"Hello Mr. Treletta" he said.
"Hi, so do you make breakfast all the time?"
"Yes sir" he nodded and smiled. I decided to add to it so my dad seemed more impressed with him. "Eddie actually does all the cooking. He's very good" I smiled over at Eddie and he gave me a look.
"Is that true?" my dad asked and Eddie nodded. "So where are we staying Nina?" my dad quickly changed the subject. I let out a breath and walked them upstairs to the guest room. As we walked up stairs they talked about if Eddie was treating me right and my mom mentioned that I should change the house around. Typical behavior from my mom. My parents are some of the most stuck up socialites I've encountered. "Okay mom and dad make yourselves at home" I turned to walk out.
"Wait honey can you ask Edward that I don't like eggs and to make a few waffles" my mom asked like he was my maid. I just looked at her and then walked out as my parents started laughing.
Every step down the stairs I let out a small sigh. Now that they know Eddie cooks that's the only thing they think he does right.
"What's wrong?" Eddie said as I dragged my feet across the floor to him.
"My mom wants waffles" I sighed. "O okay" he went in the freezer.
"Don't worry about it I'll tell her we don't have any."
"Ok" he nodded and started eating. "Want?" he pointed to the plate.
"I'm not hungry" I smiled at him.
"Ok" he smiled and pinched my cheek. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. All I could think is 'here comes the abuse.'
"Who picked out the curtains in the bathroom?" my mom asked.
"I did" Eddie put up his pointer finger. "I don't like them." That wasn't necessary to criticize stupid curtains. She would find anything to make Eddie feel like he's not good enough.
"Mom was that really necessary to point out" I turned around in my chair to face her.
"I just wanted to know who picked those hideous things out."
"Okay mom I get it, you don't like it but this is not your house so you have to deal with it" I snapped. Glancing over at Eddie he had a smile on his face that he was trying to hide. "Eddie and I just moved in and we just mixed furniture from his and my apartment. We still have to make changes" I said calmly.
My mom just stared at me angry that I stood up for Eddie. "So what are we doing today?" my dad changed the subject.
"Eddie and I have to go to the arena for practice. I have to do a segment in the locker room."
"Can we go?" my dad asked.
"No but we'll only be gone for 3 or 4 hours" Eddie said as he walked to the kitchen and started washing his dish. "That's fine, right Lou" my mom said to my dad a little suspiciously. I just ignored it and put on my shoes.

We got to Rogers Arena around 12. I had to go get ready and consult with the producer of the segment. When there isn't a game I still did segments for Canuckstv. This was their practice today so I usually do entertaining interviews for the website. I go in the locker room and have fun with the guys.

Eddie pov
I went in the locker room and saw most of the guys there. Once I walked in I was greeted by the guys. They were not just my friends but my family. I grew to love them like brothers. "Hey Lack, how's it going?" Kessel came over to my stall.
"The in laws" I sighed and he started to laugh.
"Oh dude that's rough" he continued to laugh and pat my back.
"They hate me. Everything I do annoy them."
"Why's that?"
"Not a doctor. Hockey isn't job to them."
"Dude why don't you just tell Nina?" Luongo said from across the room.
"She knows. She tell them all the time but they don't listen."
"Lay down the law and kick them the fuck out" David Booth said busting out in laughter. "I can't do that. I love Nina too much, that still her parents."
"But they still have to respect you, you know?" Kevin Bieksa came up to me.
"I know that" I nodded. I feel like for them to respect me I have to be the most respectful and nicest guy. They have to know that Nina didn't make the wrong choice in marrying me.

Nina pov
After practice I went back in the locker room for the interviews.
"Who am I interviewing first?" I yelled out to the guys. They started yelling out, "okay I think I'll go with Eddie" I smiled.
"Oh boo that's a fix" Tanev shouted, the room bust out in laughter.
"Oh excuse me who are you again?" I joked with him. The guys laughed again.
"That wasn't funny guys" he whined.
I walked to Eddie's stall and a gain his white smile shone bright. "Hey there goldy locks" I smiled.
"Don't call me that" he laughed. "Booth is goldy locks not me."
"Who called me?" David turned around. Eddie and I laughed, "ready babe?"
"Yep" he nodded and I cued the cameraman to start rolling.
"Hey Nina Tresletta for Canuckstv. I am here at practice and now in the locker room. First up I've got the best goalie in the west Eddie Lack."
He laughed, "you must be looking for Lu."
"Oh right" I looked around the room. "Just kidding, Mr. Lack you must be excited for the Heritage Classic tell me what your most excited for."
"I love outdoor game, my best memories are played outside with friends so it should be a good one."
"Now Eddie Vancouver wants to know if you know that your a hit with the ladies."
He started laughing, "um what ladies?" he knew exactly what I was talking about.
"Canadian, American, Swedish, you know anyone who watches hockey."
He laughed, "No I don't know."
"Oh he knows, he knows" Tanev walked in front of the camera.
"I kind of figured that" I said to Chris.
"Who's side you on?" Eddie stared at me with a smile on his face. "Going to go with Chris on this one" I laughed.
"I mean you know your hot, I know your hot, the girls who watch hockey know too."
He started blushing and I called him out on it. "Oh I'm making him blush, I'll go to the next one" I patted his shoulder and walked to the next stall.
"Oh look it's loud mouth Christopher Tanev" I put my arm around him. Eddie walked behind us as I interviewed Chris and did a photo bomb. Chris and I both knew he was there but we let him have his fun.

Eddie and I got home at 4. We stopped by the door, he was looking for the right key. "You know you don't use like 5 of those" I pointed to the 8 keys he had. "I know, but I like" he looked at me and smiled. He finally found the right key after a minute or two. We talked as we walked into the foyer. I noticed a new picture and a fancy white drawer with a plant on it which caused me to stop talking. "UH when did those get here."
"I don't" he looked at it.
"Mom" I mumbled under my breath. I walked into the living room, "mom where are you?" I said annoyed.
"Up here sweetie" she said while coming down the stairs. At the same time my dad emerged from the bathroom. I looked around the room and saw new curtains on the window and a coffee table in front of the couch.
"Mom what did you do?"
Eddie came up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders. "I bought some things for the house. It was very bland."
"Mom I told you before that we didn't have time yet to redecorate" I said frustrated.
"Now you two don't have to worry. I did you a favor."
"Look I'm grateful that you want to help, but you can't take over. Eddie and I are perfectly capable of doing our own thing."
"Oh honey I know you are, but Edward not so much" my mom said in a sweet tone. 'Wow mom tell him how you really feel about him' I thought.
The day is almost over which means one more left of my parents.
"First off his name is Eddie and second that was very rude of you."
"Don't talk to your mother that way" my dad scolded me.
"Well why don't you tell her to not talk badly about my husband. Like it or not, we're married and will be for a really long time. I have no time for you two to ruin that."
"Fine, we'll go" my mom pouted and walked up the stairs.
"Mom don't" I called up to her but decided to keep my mouth shut. "Look what you did, you made your mother upset."
"If she wants to go dad then she can" I shrugged and sat down. "You" my dad pointed at Eddie. "You made my daughter this way. She never talked back to her mother until you came along."
I slapped my palm to my face and moved my hand down. "He didn't do anything dad. He's my husband which means that I will defend him when he's being unfairly attacked." I stood up and put my arms around Eddie's waist. He wrapped his right arm around my shoulders. "I'm not attacking him" my dd was shocked. He really thought he didn't do anything wrong, that's typical behavior from my father especially when it comes to Eddie. "We'll leave you two alone. Ready Kathy?" my dad said and took his bag from my mom.
"You're blowing this way out of proportion" I called out to them as the walked down the hallway. They didn't look back or say a word. I slammed the door and walked back to the living room. "Eddie I am so sorry" I ran up to him and hugged him tight.
"It okay I still love you" he laughed. I looked up at him, leaning my chin on his chest. "You really know how to lighten the mood" I smiled. "I know" he shrugged. I reached up and kissed him.
"I love you too" I bit my bottom lip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love the response the story is getting.
I really appreciate if you tell me what you think :)