Status: Completed

The Broken Ginger

The Funeral

*Austin's P.O.V.*
I straightened my tie and made sure I looked okay. It was my mom's funeral today. I just can't believe she's gone. Alan walked up to me. He handed me the car keys. I took them and gave him a small kiss. We got into the car. My dad looked so tired. It hurt me to see him so broken down. We drove there in silence. I parked the car and got out. Alan walked by me and held my hand. We didn't do anything extravagant for her funeral. We each were going to say something about her and watch her be lowered into the ground. My dad was going to speak first. "I love Rose with all my heart. She was not only my wife, but my best friend. I will never forget her." my father choked out. He looked at my signalling it was my turn. "My mom was amazing. I love her to pieces. She was always there for me when I needed someone. I can't believe she's gone. I'll never forget her." I squeezed Alan's hand. He took a deep breath. "I knew Rose for a short amount of time, but in that short amount of time, she became one of the best things that has ever happened to me. She was so loving and sweet. I'm going to miss her. She will always have a special place in my heart." Alan said. Shay was next. "I knew Rose for years. She was like a mom to me. She always treated me nicely and she was just amazing. I'm gonna miss her. Phil spoke next. "Rose was incredible. She was the nicest person I've ever met. I won't forget her." he fought back tears. "I loved Rose. She was fun and kind hearted. I'm going to miss her a lot." Tino sighed. The relatives that came here said their thoughts. Finally, it was time to lower her into the ground. We watched the casket slowly disappear. Everyone there was crying. I just felt numb.