Status: Completed

The Broken Ginger

What Happened?

*Alan's P.O.V.*
I covered all my visible bruises with make up. I sighed. This isn't the first time I had to do this. I pulled on a hoodie. I checked for anymore bruises. I picked up my backpack. My dad still wasn't home. I was scared he wasn't going to come back. I walked to school. I walked up to my locker. Austin walked up to me. "Hey! Its nice to see you're back." he smiled. I couldn't help but feel a little bit better. I just nodded. My throat hurt from crying so much. We walked to English in a comfortable silence. Austin opened the door for me. English went by fast. I still felt like shit. It was always the worst when I had to talk. Everything was fine until music. I walked up to the guys. They looked at me. Their once happy faces looked horrified. "What?" I asked weakly. Austin stood up. He walked over to me. He took my face in his hands. He gently moved my head side to side. "What in the hell happened to you?" his voice cracked.
*Austin's P.O.V.*
All color drained from Alan's face. His eyes filled with tears. "I'll tell you later. Let's just ignore it for now." he whispered. "Ok." I let my hands drop from his face. He pulled his hoodie up to cover his neck. We worked on the song some more. We were really making progress. After school, I told Alan we could go to the park to talk. He agreed. I restrained myself from grabbing his hand and comforting him. When we got to the park, he sat on a bench and patted the spot next to him. I sat by him. He let out a long sigh.