Legend of the Grey Wolf

His crime -- The need to eat.

“...Aruba, Jamaica ooh I wanna take you to Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama Key Largo, Montego...” I sang as I helped load the trucks. After throwing a fit, Demetri let me sleep with Aime but his tent was literally against ours.

“What's with your oldies song thing? Like really? The beach boys? 1988?” I glanced up at Kale with a huge smile. I wiggled my finger in his face.

“You knew what song it was, and you knew who it was by, and you knew the year! Don’t act like I’m the super fan here!” I joked. He started blushing and shrugged, throwing a bag of food into the back.

“So what, I know one of the cheesiest eighties songs.” He shrugged. “Atleast I don’t pick Duran Duran as my music choice.” I rolled my eyes at Kale.

“One, Duran Duran is awesome. Two, everyone has different music choices, sue me, I don’t like that womp womp computer synthesized music or that trashy version of rock.” I shrugged as he chuckled.

“You mean EDM and grunge rock?” I rolled my eyes nodding dramatically.

“Oldies are goodies.” He laughed again and closed the trunk. “So out of curiosity, what's your take on this creepy stalker alpha that wants me with his beta?” Kale laughed again.

“He seems like a cool guy, and hes here to help you.” I glanced over at him loading supplies in the back of his pickup. The way his muscles flexed when he did so didn’t go unnoticed. I shook my head and turned back to Kale.

“Why doesn’t he think I’m a goddess or something?” He shrugged.

“Why don’t you think he is an alpha or something?” I playfully glared at him.

“Well tell him to start smelling like an Alpha if he wants me to believe that he is one!” Kale had a dumb smirk on his face and after a small pause he spoke.

“Maybe you should try a bit of perfume and scented soap. You might start smelling like a girl instead of a dog.” I dropped my jaw in shock at Kales mean comment, but then I smiled. I missed being able to joke around like this with people.

“Belle! Beau wants to talk to you while we have service!” I glanced over at Aime who was running like a crazy person waving her phone around. I took a deep breath and took the phone out of Aime’s hand. I looked over to where Demetri and Caine were sitting. Neither of them were talking and the way that their ears were perked confirmed my suspicions that they would both be listening.

“Hey Beau.” I sounded like a mouse. I’m not sure if it was my nerves or my desire for them to not hear. I heard his breath in the phone.

“Where are you?” His voice sounded desperate. I sighed.

“You know I can’t tell you.” His whine tugged at my heart. I felt like the most horrible person in the world. Aime was standing next to me and she awkwardly started rubbing my back, trying to make me feel better. She knew I felt like crap.

“Then come home. I need you. I love you Belle.” I coughed, trying to hold back tears and shoved the phone in Aimes hand. She looked startled.

“I’m uh- uhm- Going on a- a Run.” I finally spat out before stomping towards the woods. One look at Demetri’s tense shoulders and I could tell that he was trying to calm down.

“Hey Belle, I’ll come with.” I glared at Caine who pretended to not notice. “We wouldn’t want you to run into another alpha.” He joked. I wanted to scoff and roll my eyes and make up some dumb retort but at the same time I wanted to walk by myself in silence.

“Yeah whatever.”

We walked in the woods in silence for a good hour before he spoke.

“You know, I don’t even find you attractive.” I spun and looked at him, throwing my hand on my hip.

“You really know how to break the ice.” I bit back. He chuckled a bit.

“I mean, I see that you are far from ugly but I feel nothing towards you which is kind of weird seeing that you are in the situation that you are in. So any theories little grey wolf?” He teased. I mockingly rubbed my chin and pretended to be in thought.

“Hmmm. Maybe its because I’m so repulsed by you that the curse understands and makes you not like me either.” He laughed again.

“Or maybe you are completely into me and won't admit it. I see the way you looked at me when you met me little grey wolf” I rolled my eyes and turned away, knowing I was blushing. I couldn’t deny that he was incredibly attractive.

“I will admit,” I started. “Your muscles and appearance was very” I paused, searching for the right word. “Appealing. But then you started talking and I got over that real quick.”I waved my hand in the air as if I was dismissing the idea completely. He burst out laughing, I swear the trees were shaking it was so loud which made me smile.

“I like you little grey.”

“You really need to stop calling me that. My name is Belle.” I reminded him.

“Well you can make up a nickname for me if you’d like.” I smirked.

“I would call you Big Grey, but that doesn't really flow so I’ll have to think on that.” He smiled and started flexing joking, although it still made my wolf howl inside at his obvious manliness. It would be unanimal like of me to not want to mate with a strong wolf to produce strong babies, right?

“What about Tall, muscular, and handsome?” He joked. I lightly punched him in the arm, causing him to laugh along with me.

“It will be a cold day in hell before I ever call you that.” He laughed a little but his smile significantly died down as he refused to look me in the eye.

“So, Beau.” Somehow I knew this was coming. “Who is he?” I looked away at the thousands of trees around us, looking at anything but him.

“Beau, my brother. My mom had a thing for naming us french names. I have a half brother Gris too. Me and Beau have the same dad and Gris and Aime have the same dad.” I decided to focus on our family instead of just Beau.

“What happened to your dad?” He egged on. I sighed, starting to get bitter.

“He died defending our pack, we need to have alcohol if you want to have this conversation.” He smiled and gestured in a different direction. A couple minutes later, we were standing in front of a bar called Tuckers. I glanced at Caine, confused and also a bit amazed. “How did you know this was here?” He shrugged.

“I’ve traveled a bit and we have been walking for awhile. I believe we are in Kerta.” He led me into the bar, which was surprisingly full for being such a desolate area. “This is the only place for at least ten miles to get a drink other than a liquor store.” He answered my silent question before ordering us a couple of drinks.

“Thanks.” I said to both the bartender who was a chubby asian man and Caine, since he paid more or less because I’m broke.

“No problem.” He took a sip of his beer. “So, would I know your step dad? I couldn’t help but notice how.” He paused. “Large your sister is.” I smirked knowing how uncomfortable he felt calling a woman large.

“Shocking right? She’s only fourteen.” He actually looked surprised. I hope he isn’t having dirty thoughts about her or something. “His name is Yashar. He used to be beta of the” I stopped, I couldn’t remember the name of the pack he used to be beta of! “-a pack.” I finished. I looked away taking a sip of my beer knowing that he was watching me.

“I knew Yashar years ago. Good man, haven’t seen him in at least eight years maybe.” I poked him with the glass bottle in my hand.

“How old are you?” He smirked.

“How old are you?” He retorted. I took another drink.

“Are we really going to do the whole ‘I asked first’ and then you giving me a super vague answer like ‘i'm older than you’ or something?” He chuckled.

“You really like to cut to the point huh?” I rolled my eyes.

“I really hate the games. Imagine my surprise when I turn eighteen and my relationship isn't all black and white and its not bullshit free. Its all grey and muddled and stuff.” I was frowning as I took another drink. He laughed.

“So you’re eighteen?” I frowned at him.

“Seriously, thats what you got from that?” He laughed again.

“I’m twenty-seven.” He smiled at me and then turned towards the bartender, signaling for another beer. “Almost ten years older than you.” I rolled my eyes.

“What, do you want me to start calling you daddy or something?” I joked. He glanced at me, his eyes tinted a nice shade of gold.

“Or something.” And then, he winked.