Status: hiatus.

Iridescent

six

For some odd reason, Allison changed her mind and decided to gome home with Alex. They were sitting in his car in silence as he drove there, and she reapplied her make up in the pull down mirror. Alex didn’t live too far from school, so it was only a 15 minute drive.
“Lex?” Allison piped up as she glossed her lips, breaking the silence.
“Yeah?” He almost groaned out, trying to hide his irritation with her. The fact that she was mindlessly putting on makeup, which was about the 4th time she’s done this in one day, really annoyed him.
“Do I look okay?” She questioned, flipping her bright blonde hair behind her as she turned to Alex. He didn’t even turn to face her. Instead, he darted his eyes in her direction as he drove.
“Sure.” He mumbled, rolling his eyes when she looked away. He honestly didn’t know why he stuck around her, or let her stick around him, he just did.
When they got to his house, he hopped out the car and locked the door behind him, not realizing Allison was still in the car.
“Hello?” She snapped through the rolled down window, her eyes opened wide, along with her mouth. The whole act was totally unnecessary, because she could’ve easily unlocked the door from the inside. Alex groaned and unlocked the car, waiting for her to get out. When she finally did, he locked it back, and she pranced up next to him. He put his arm around her, and they walked in his house together.
Finally inside, he walked to his kitchen, and opened the fridge. He looked at the leftovers his mom left for him, turned up his nose, and took out some left overs from when he and Jack went to a Mexican restaurant on a double date the night before. His date’s name was Catalina, and she was Brazilian. Foreign girls were always his kryptonite. And short girls. She was only about 5’2. He smiled to himself as he remembered her curves, and the way she worked her tongue. Man oh man, she was something good. He didn’t think bad of it, because him and Allison technically aren’t a thing, so he could see whomever he wants. The same she can, and probably does.
He stuck his food in the microwave, and leaned on the counter. He pulled out his phone, and checked his messages. Speak of the devil, Catalina texted him.
short stuff:
heyyy alex, what are you doing? i’m free tonight (;
He chuckled to himself. God, girls just couldn’t seem enough of him. He almost replied saying he was free as well, but the microwave ding brought him out of his thoughts. When he looked up, he saw Allison texting away on her phone, probably to another guy as well. He took his food out of the microwave, set it on the counter, and began eating.
“You hungry?” He questioned, his mouth full of enchiladas. Allison scrunched up her nose, and shook her head no. “Do you like, ever eat?” Alex laughed out, and Allison furrowed her eyebrows.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” She damn near snarled, and Alex opened his eyes wide.
“It means, that out of all the time I’ve spent with you, I can count the amount of times I’ve actually seen you eat on one hand.” He retorted, rolling his eyes as he took a bite of his beans. Allison laughed sarcastically, slamming her cellphone down on the counter.
“Are you trying to call me anorexic?” She spat, causing Alex to stand up straight.
“I’m not trying to call you anything. I’m just saying, I never see you eat.” He stated firmly. She stood up, and slammed the chair against the counter.
“You know what Alex, fuck you.” She hissed, grabbing her purse.
“What the hell did I do?!” He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air in shock. He honestly didn’t see where he went wrong, all he did was state a fact. Allison began to strut to the door, and Alex followed suit. “Allison!” He yelled angrily through gritted teeth, still following her. Honestly, he could care less if she left. He just wanted to know what set her off.
“Screw you!” She called in response, throwing up her middle finger.
“How are gonna get home then huh?” He screamed after her, crossing his arms on his chest as he came to a hault.
“I’ll fucking walk!” She yelled back, not even turning around. And with a door slam, she was gone. Alex sighed to himself. What the hell was her problem? He didn’t even care anymore.
He walked back into the kitchen, and ate his food. Without hesitation, he took out his phone, and texted Catalina back.
alex:
yeah, me too. what about right now?
He shoved his phone in his pocket, and tapped his fingers anxiously on the counter as he awaited a response. Not too long after, it came.
short stuff:
sure! just call when you’re almost here.
Alex smirked to himself as he typed a response.
alex:
alright then, i’ll see you in a bit.
He walked up stairs into his room. After examining himself in the mirror and fixing his hair, he decided that he looked decent enough to leave. He got in his car, and began to drive to Catalinas house. She didn’t live far, so it wasn’t a long drive. When he was about 5 minutes away, he called her.
He pulled into her driveway, and stepped out of his car. He locked it, walked up to her front door, and knocked on it. Within a few minutes, she answered it, wearing nothing but some skimpy lingerie. Alex’s eyes went wide as he bit his lip, examining her body up and down.
“Hey Alex, like what you see?” She purred seductively, biting her lip as she looked up at him.
“Damn straight.” He murmured in response, and she led him inside.
Alex spent a good three hours with Catalina, and it was indeed a good three hours. He thought she was a good one, and he would be going back to her soon if needed. On the drive home, he felt like he needed to clear his mind. He knew he’d be alone when he got home, his parents weren’t going to be back until tomorrow night, but he still wanted to be somewhere other than home. He took a turn down a back road, and with that he ended up by a small lake. He always came here whenever he needed time with himself, or whenever things got to be too much. Its been his secret hideaway spot since he was 12. He got out of his car, and sat on the pebble covered ground. It was about 7:45, and the sun was setting. The sky was a beautiful shade of pinkish orange, which reflected on the water. The wind was blowing slightly, causing the lake to ripple, and the reeds to sway. If there was one thing Alex loved more than anything, it would be alone time. Sure, he loved being with girls, and being with his friends making music, but he always felt his best when he was alone. He couldn’t explain it, but that was the truth.
He picked up some pebbles, and began to throw them across the lake. They skidded across the water, refracting the sunset’s image, and making small splashes. The noise soothed him. When he ran out of pebbles, he sat in silence, watching as the sun made its way to the ground. It was silent, with the exception of the leaves whisping along with the reeds. Then out of nowhere, the silence was broken.
There were leaves crunching, branches rustling. Foot steps. Alex was not alone.
He stood up, in order to see who, or what, was there with him. He followed the sounds until he stumbled upon something he was more than shocked to find. Purple hair tied into a messy bun, on the head of a sitting girl. She sat down criss cross in a circle of bushes, with what looked to be a sketch pad in her hands. Alex walked cautiously toward her, afraid that if she heard him, she’d leave. It was like creeping up on a dear. When he was finally close enough to her, he could see that she indeed was holding a sketch book. She was drawing a picture of what looked like an apple blossom tree, which was right in front of her. It was tiny, with only about 3 flowers on it. She must have planted it herself. Alex inhaled, figuring that since he crept up this close to her, he might as well say something. Not like she’d do the same, but it was still nice to do so.
“Zoella?” He breathed out quietly, causing her to whip her head around. “Don’t worry, I wasn’t stalking you, I swear.” He said with a laugh, holding his hands up. Her expression softened slightly, but she still was awaiting an answer.
“I always come here when I wanna be alone. I heard something, so I walked over here to see what it was. And I guessed it was you.” He replied sheepishly, rubbing his neck. Zoella narrowed her eyes for a second, and sighed. She looked at him, then to an empty spot next to her, and back to him again. Alex soon caught on.
“Can I sit?” He questioned. She nodded hesitantly, and he sat next to her. She ignored his presence, and kept sketching furiously in her book. “Did you plant this yourself?” He asked her, and she glanced up at him. She nodded, and went back to drawing.
“Its beautiful.” He whispered, running his fingertip on a flower petal. Zoella stopped drawing and looked up to him again, with a blink. Alex didn’t even notice, he was too busy studying the flower. He fixated on it, then on her sketch, and back to it. After a few minutes, he looked at her again. He could tell that she really wanted to get back to drawing. Alone.
“I should probably go…” He whispered, and with that Zoella gazed at him up and down, taking in his presence. She quickly went back to drawing, to hide the heat that was creeping up in her cheeks. Alex stood up, brushing the dirt off his pants.
“I’ll see you around.” He said softly, and Zoella glanced up at him again for a hot second. She then went back to her work, and Alex sauntered away. The entire walk back to his car, along with the drive, he was thinking about Zoella. He honestly had no idea why, but she absolutely amazed him. He wanted to know more about her. He craved to know more about her. Desperately. He never had this feeling with a girl before, and he wasn’t too sure if he liked it.
Finally at home, he lethargically crawled into his sheets, without even taking a shower. As his eyes fluttered shut and he fell into an almost comatose state, he visioned purple curls bouncing in a field full of daisies. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t keep up with them. The one thing he wanted most, he couldn’t get a grip on. Not even in his dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhh zoella and alex action ahhh!!
well this chapter was gonna be just alex and allison fighting and him hooking up with catalina, but that felt too short. catlina is just a random girl, so don't expect to see much of her. if i do use her again, she's just gonna be a pity hook up, or something along the lines for alex. nothing too important.
well what did you think of zoella's and alex's moment??
i'm dying to know omg
well thanks for reading!! :)