Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter One: You?!

-Della.
“Thank you, Barcelona! You were amazing!” I called out to the crowd, making them cheer louder. I smiled at the realization that my world tour was over and nothing could be better than it ending right here in my hometown. I felt the tears in my eyes and I smiled shakily, like I always did at the end of every world tour. My band mates played one of my slow songs and the crowd started singing to the music, making me sigh contentedly.

I joined in with the crowd, singing the lyrics to one of the songs I had written when I was young. The song finally ended and I shuddered, blowing a kiss to the crowd. The lights dimmed and I wiped away one of my tears before running backstage, running into my mother’s arms.

“You did it again, Della!” she said in Spanish. “Gracias, madre.” I replied. “Where’s my little singer?” my father cheered, this time asking me in Italian. I was half Spanish and half Italian. I was born in Barcelona and I spent most of my childhood there but we moved back to Florence when I was nine years old though I spent most of my summer and Christmas vacations in Spain and I was fluent in both languages.

I smiled and hugged my father tightly. We pulled away and my younger sister pulled me into a tight hug, “You did great out there, sis!” she cheered before kissing my cheek. I thanked her and moved on to hug my manager and most of my crew.

We all gathered in one room and my manager stood at the front of the room, his hands tucked in his pockets as he grinned widely. “Alright, this tour was a huge success. Maybe even better than last year!” he cheered, “And none of this would be possible without the amazing crew and of course Della.”

I smiled to myself and my crew pushed me up to the front of the room, next to my manager, chanting ‘speech!’ at the top of their lungs.

I took a deep breath and smiled at them all, “Here we are, right?” I stared, getting cheers from everyone. “I can’t believe we’ve finished the world tour. It was a very amazing year and I had so much fun touring the world with all of you amazing people. I wouldn’t be who I am without my crew, my family and of course my manager. So thanks everyone!” I grinned, side-hugging my manager, Felix.

After a prayer led by Felix, we all started getting ready for the after-party that was going to take place in one of the famous clubs here in Barcelona that Felix had managed to rent out for the whole night.

The driver drove us back to the family house we owned. I had my own house here as well and I spent most of my time there or back in Milan where I also owned my own place. My sister and I rushed to get to our rooms so we could shower and get ready. Adrianna, my little sister, was studying in Madrid and our schedules never seemed to cooperate with each other so we always cherished the time we had together.

I quickly showered, dried my hair and got dressed in a black dress and heels. I grinned and looked at myself in the mirror. I didn’t do anything with my hair since it was already naturally wavy. I grabbed my small bag and walked out of the room at the same time that my sister did. She just turned 18 a few weeks ago so she was just the right age to drink.

“You ready?” I asked her. She nodded and smiled at me, brushing her hair back. We said goodbye to our parents who told us to be careful and not to overdo it before getting back into the car that took us to the club.

“I’m so excited! What if we meet FC Barcelona players?” Adrianna grinned. Our father loved watching football and we sort of grew up loving the sport too. Of course he supported Inter Milan, AC Milan and Juventus but he also loved Barça and Chelsea.

“What if.” I smiled. We talked about nothing in particular on the way to the club and when we finally reached the thumping nightclub, Adrianna nearly lost her footing getting out of the car. I thanked the driver and the both of us made our way into the club, nearly getting knocked over by the swarms of paparazzi that showed up.

As soon as we got in, Adrianna quickly ran towards the bar to order herself a drink. I followed suit, buying myself a beer before looking around for Ava, my best friend and also my stylist.

I finally spotted her sitting with the rest of my crew with a huge smile on her face. I made my way towards her when I bumped into a wall.

No, wait. It was a person.

I groaned and backed up a bit, looking at the person I had bumped into. I expected a huge, burly, bald-headed man (I may or may not be describing Vin Diesel) but instead I looked up to see Neymar from FC Barcelona.

My jaw dropped to the ground as I looked at him. He looked at me with an amused expression, his eyebrows raised. “Watch where you’re going, okay?” he said curtly with a scowl before walking somewhere else. I cursed at him in Italian before walking back towards Ava, rolling my eyes.

-The next day.
I pushed open the door to Felix’s office open to see him and my publicist, Carolina, sat together. I smiled at the both of them and sat down on the chair in front of his chest. I didn’t drink so much last night since I was too focused on getting Adrianna home safely so I didn’t have such a big hangover today.

“What did you want to see me for?” I asked Felix. As soon as the world tour ended, I was free to go on vacation for three months as a reward so I didn’t know why he wanted to see me today.

“Listen, Della. You’re at the top of your game. Your album’s still in the iTunes Top 5 after three months and your name and album is at the top of the charts. But we still need to keep focusing on the publicity.” Carolina explained.

I nodded, “Okay. I’ll do a couple more interviews, a couple more adverts. I don’t mind.” I said with a small smile. Carolina and Felix looked at each other before looking back at me.

“Well…that’s not really what we had in mind,” Felix said with a guilty look in his eyes. “We were going for someone that could get you both on magazine covers. What we mean is…we want you to date someone.”

“Well, it’s not that easy. You don’t just buy a boyfriend on eBay.” I joked. But Carolina and Felix didn’t laugh. Instead, they just looked at each other again with a worried look in their eyes. “We’ve um…already gotten someone for you. Here they are now.” Carolina said, pointing at the door.

As if on cue, the door opened to reveal Neymar and his manager.

“You?!” the both of us said simultaneously, pointing at each other with a wild look in our eyes.

“Fernando, I’m pretty sure you’ve told Neymar about our situation so let’s just get to it,” Carolina started, “Neymar, Della, you are going to be pretending to be in a relationship for the publicity.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A new story! I've got an idea for another story. My hands are just stuck to the keyboard today! :)xx