Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter Two: Just Go With It

-Della.
I stared at Carolina as my brain tried to process what she had just said.

“ME and HIM?” I asked, pointing at Neymar who was rolling his eyes at me, his arms crossed over his chest. “Yes. You and him.” Felix replied, leaning on the desk as Fernando, Neymar’s agent, moved to sit in the empty seat beside Carolina’s.

“Why him?” I yelped again, still not coming to terms with this. Carolina rolled her eyes at me and sat Neymar and I down next to each other on the couch. The both of us moved away from each other and Neymar sneered at me.

“Oh, please. Have you even actually met him or talked to him?” Carolina asked, moving back to sit next to Fernando who was watching us with an amused expression. “Yes, last night.” Neymar and I said in unison, making Felix and Fernando chuckle at our behavior. “She made me spill my drink.” Neymar said, rolling his eyes.

“Well, you shouldn’t of have been walking straight towards me.” I shot back. “You should have been watching where you were going.” Neymar bit back, making me press my fingers to my temples annoyed. “Son of a bitch.” I said in Italian so no one could understand me. I looked up to see Felix glaring at me. Fernando, Carolina and Felix talked quietly for a while before I turned to Neymar who was too focused on his phone to pay attention to me. Maybe I should apologize for last night.

“Neymar? I—”

“Listen here, Bella. I don’t want to be here and I know you don’t want to be here either. So let’s just cut the talking and just speak when it’s necessary, okay?” he snapped, looking back at his phone. I rolled my eyes at his behaviour before turning away from him. “It’s Della, not Bella.” I muttered under my breath.

Fernando, Felix and Carolina walked back towards Neymar and I and Fernando gave Neymar a stern look, making him sigh and put his phone back in his pocket. Carolina looked around in her black leather briefcase before pulling out a few papers and setting them in front of Neymar and I.

“So, let me explain the contract to you,” Carolina started. “The both of you have to date for nine months—”

“Nine months?” Neymar exclaimed, leaning forward to look at the contract with huge hazel green eyes. “You’re kidding me, right?”

Fernando glared at his client before apologizing to Carolina. “Neymar, you have ruined your own image. You keep going out late at night, taking countless of women home and you never have time for Davi Lucca anymore,” Fernando said, waving his arms around to get his point across as he glared at Neymar. “You need this, Neymar. This isn’t for us, but for you.” Fernando turned back towards Carolina and nodded his head, signaling her to keep talking.

“Okay, so…you guys will go on lots of dates, obviously. You will do interviews together, Neymar will attend Della’s concerts, Della will attend Neymar’s matches, you will take pictures and post them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, whatever it takes to make it look like you’re a real couple and you have to keep doing this for nine months. Getting a ‘girlfriend’ and going on all these dates will make Neymar seem like a changed person. Like he’s now committed to just one girl. And having Neymar as a ‘boyfriend’ will boost up Della’s popularity by A LOT. So this contract will benefit both of your careers.” Carolina explained.

I looked at Neymar who looked like he was about to explode. “So that means no more clubs, no more women, no nothing.” Fernando told his client who groaned loudly.

“Think about your son, Neymar. Would he want this kind of father?” Fernando urged, patting his client on the back. “Just sign here.” Felix said, pointing at the blank space right below all the paragraphs that Carolina had most probably written.

After flipping through the pages, I grabbed the pen that Carolina handed to me and hesitantly signed the paper. I turned to the left to see Neymar doing the same with his paper. We both gave them to Carolina who smiled happily that we were both agreeing to her plan before she put the papers neatly in her briefcase.

“Okay. Now, go on a date.” Felix grinned, pointing at the door. Neymar and I looked at him weirdly, but he just continued grinning and pointing at the door. “That’s what couples do, you know.” He said, rolling his eyes.

"What, now?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah, now."

I bit my lip and stood up, deciding not to fight with my manager and publicist any longer, it was a battle that couldn’t be won. Neymar stood up and the both of us trudged towards the door. “We’ve alerted the paparazzi! Just walk around the street. Paparazzi are out all day everywhere today.” Fernando called after us.

Neymar and I awkwardly walked out of the building and Fernando was right when he said the paparazzi were here today. I looked at Neymar to see him with a big smile on his face. He put his arm around me and leaned in to whisper in my ear, “Act like we’re actually dating.” He growled. I gulped and nodded, plastering a smile on my face and wrapping my arms around his waist as we walked.

Paparazzi fired all kinds of questions at us and my mind was frazzled. Of course, I dated a few people and they followed us around too but I actually knew what to do. In this case, I was scared to make a move.

“Neymar! Are you dating Della?” Paparazzi yelled. Neymar squeezed my shoulder lightly before turning me around and pressing his lips to mine. I stayed glued to my spot, not knowing what to do. My mind felt like it was about to explode, his lips were so soft against mine, I felt bombs and explosions in my head and it left me lightheaded, even after he pulled away.

“Yes.” He said with a grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
so theres the second chapter :) x