Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter Six: New Plans

-Della.
I hit my snooze button for the sixteenth time this morning. I was surely going to be late for whatever Carolina had planned for me today. Last night, news had hit that Your Song beat all the other songs to #1 on the iTunes charts worldwide and of course, Carolina had forced Neymar and I to go out. Of course Fernando, Felix and Carolina were watching us from a few tables down.

Just as I was about to roll over and get back to sleep, my phone blared out my ringtone. I groaned loudly and grabbed my phone, pressing the answer button. "What?" I grumbled. "There's no need for that tone, sunshine. Wake up and get to the office in thirty minutes!" Carolina said sternly before hanging up. I sighed and sat up before trudging towards the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and pulled on a white pocket woven cropped hi-lo tank, simple blue skinny jeans, a grey cardigan and classic black vans. I walked downstairs, grabbed a granola bar and made my way to the garage. I got in the black range rover that Felix got me for my 21st birthday and started driving to the office.

It was a quick ride since it was early in the morning and there was no traffic. I turned on the radio and a smile immediately graced my face when I heard my own voice singing Your Song. I started singing along quietly before I reached the office. I turned off the radio and parked my car. I took the car keys out of the ignition and threw away the granola bar wrapper. I made my way inside the large building and smiled at the receptionist. I got into the elevator and clicked on his floor. I waited for a while, humming along to the annoying elevator music. The doors opened and I bounded out of the elevator with a small smile on my face. I pushed open the doors to Felix's office but stopped in my tracks when I saw Neymar and Fernando there.

"Hola, Della." Felix smiled at me. I nodded at him and slowly walked over towards them. "Please take a seat." he said, pointing to the empty seat beside Neymar. I smiled politely at Neymar before sitting down beside him. After two weeks, it was still so awkward to have a conversation with the footballer. It didn't make it any better that we were constantly being forced to be hug and kiss in public.

"Okay, so we've looked over all the articles and pictures of you two," Carolina started, "Nella, as the public addresses you two--" she added but got cut off when Neymar and I gagged at the same time. We looked at each other and shared a simple knowing look before laughing. Felix and Fernando chuckled but Carolina just fussed over the two of us. "You guys are doing fine but the hype is slowly drowning out. We need more!" Carolina said enthusiastically, flailing her arms around.

I covered my face with one hand and snuck a glance at Neymar who looked at Carolina like she had just grown two heads. "So we planned something for you two." Fernando said, breaking the silence. I sat up and listened to him. Something that Felix, Fernando and Carolina planned together couldn't be good. A million thoughts raced into my head. What were they going to make us do now? Carolina pulled out a few papers from her file and handed them to me first. My eyes nearly bulged out of my eyes when I saw what they said.

Della Maria Giovanno was going to Florence, Italy.

But she was going to be accompanied by Neymar da Silva Santos JĂșnior.

My heart beat quickly in my chest. I was going to Florence, my hometown. I was totally excited about that. I haven't been to Florence in ages, but Neymar coming with me? I wasn't totally excited about that. I didn't want to share a room with him or anything. My parents were here in Barcelona so they weren't going to be in Italy. I was going to be on vacation with my 'boyfriend'.

-Neymar.
I was not sure how I felt about this. Italy was going to be great. But going there with Della? Not so great. I had two weeks off training and I definitely thought that I would be spending it with my teammates and family and not with my pretend girlfriend.

"Since Della's parents aren't going to be at Florence, you guys should be fine to stay at Della's family home. I've talked it over with your parents, Della. Davi Lucca's set to come with you guys, his ticket's right here." Carolina said, grabbing a sheet of paper and handing them to me. I raised my eyebrow at how they didn't even talk to us about this. We were going to Italy in two days.

Della sighed and stood up, handing the papers back to Carolina. "I'm going to go now. See you in two days." she mumbled before grabbing her bag and walking out of the room. I stood up as well and handed the papers to Fernando. "See you guys." I said before following Della out the door. I speed walked towards the elevator and caught her just in time before the doors closed. "Hold it!" I said. She nodded and pushed a button, allowing me to get in the elevator. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I stared at her and studied her expression. She was looking down at her hands and she looked angry and sad.

"I'm sorry, Della. I'll try to stay out of your hair in Italy, okay?" I murmured. She shook her head, "No, it's fine. We agreed to this. We'll just have to deal with it." she murmured. The doors opened and she smiled at me before waving and leaving me.

-

"Ten days in Italy with your girlfriend? Man, you're going to be whipped by the end of that trip." Dani Alves teased as he tried netting a goal in the video game. I rolled my eyes at him and leaned back on the chair. "Dani's right." Gerard said as he steered his player away from the defenders and faked a shot. "You guys might as well come back engaged."

"Gerard!" Cesc snapped, slapping his friend over the head. "What? It's probably going to be true." Gerard said defensively. I sighed and rolled my eyes, wondering why I asked these guys for advice.

-Della.
"Ten days in Italy with your boyfriend? You're going to come back in love." Ava squealed as she flipped through a magazine. I rolled my eyes at my best friend and sat down beside her, "Are you crazy? We don't even like each other as human beings."

Ava snorted and started laughing. "What?" I asked. She threw her magazine at me and I caught it, I opened the page that she had marked and groaned. It was an article about Neymar and I getting engaged. "I hate the press. We became public three weeks ago and they're already planning a wedding for us." I growled, throwing the magazine back at Ava. She giggled before looking at the pictures. "You guys would make a cute couple. I'm just saying." Ava shrugged.

I sighed and leaned back on the bed, dreading the time when I would have to enter that airport with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Della and Neymar are going to Italy together! x