Status: Finished!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

No One Does It Better

I know Vic said he didn’t want anything for his birthday, but it was the perfect opportunity to show him how much he actually means to me, and I don’t think I could pass it up.

So, yesterday I made sure that Vic thought I was busy and took my plan into action. It wasn’t anything too big, but I hope he’ll enjoy it nonetheless.

Laid out in front of us was a large blue-and-white striped blanket, which was resting in a soft spot of grass underneath a large oak (well I think it was an oak…) tree. On top of the blanket was a small picnic basket, which I had filled with various food items so that we could hopefully enjoy the day out here together. Next to the picnic basket was my blue notebook, filled with all the lyrics I had written over the years. There was also a small gift wrapped in green wrapping paper placed behind the basket. Around the set up were lots of white and yellow followers, and tall bushes. It was a really pretty clearing, and that’s why I chose to take Vic here.

“Come on! Don’t just stand there.” I reach down and grab Vic’s hand, dragging him over to my little set-up. He half-walks and half-trips behind me, smiling like an idiot.

“You shouldn’t have done this. Any of it.” He finally says.

“Stop complaining.” I smile at him and gently push him down onto the blanket, sitting down next to him. “I just want you to enjoy this day, Vic. You deserve it.”

“I’m sure I will, if you’re included.”

And this is why I can’t help but like him. I break eye contact with him and continue with my plan. “Do you have anywhere you need to go today? Like a party or anything?”

“Nope. I told my family not to make a big deal about this.”

“Then maybe we can just stay here for a little while.”

He nods and looks around the little clearing. “It’s really pretty here. How’d you find this?”

I shrug and reach down to pull on some grass. “I was just looking for a place and it looked promising down this weird road, I kind of just stumbled on it.”

“Oh.” He replies simply, still looking around the clearing.

We sit in the silence, taking in the beauty of the forest, enjoying each other’s company. The air was crisp, but thankfully not too cold for a February day. I was kind of nervous for what else I had planned, but excited at the same time.

“I got you something.” I say, breaking the silence.

“I told you not to.” He counters.

“Just take it; I think you’ll like it.”

I hand him the thin package, wrapped in shiny green wrapping paper. I watch as he tears at the sides, slowly unwrapping it. Inside the paper is a framed drawing that I had been working on since before my last trip to the hospital. It was black and grey drawing of a picture we had taken together a few weeks after we met, we were laughing like idiots and I really loved the way it looked.

“Woah. You never told me you could draw.” He says quietly, still staring down at the picture clutched in between his hands.

“Eh. I’m not that good.”

“You’re amazing, Kellin. This is amazing. It’s a better present then I could ever ask for, thank you so much.” He tears his soft chocolate eyes away from the drawing and connects their gaze with my large blue orbs.

I fidget my hands in my lap a little before deciding it was now or never. The sun was shining through the trees and the wind was blowing Vic’s hair a little, and I couldn’t help but smile at how cute he looked.

“So I remember a few months ago, after we first met you sung me a song. One that you wrote for me. I promised you that one day I would sing for you just like you did for me.” He nods and looks at me intently.

“Well, I wrote this song a while ago and I really wanna sing it to you.”

I turn my gaze away from him and clear my throat, trying to shake my nerves away.

“They say that love is forever.” I start singing shakily.

“Your forever is all that I need.”

I turn my attention to Vic.

“Please stay as long as you need.” I feel my eyes starting to water; I ignore it and keep my gaze on Vic. He’s looking at me with soft eyes, leaning back on his elbows. I gain my confidence back and continue on.

“I can’t promise that things won’t be broken, but I swear that I will never leave.” I wipe a tear from under my eye and notice that Vic’s cheeks are also tear stained.

“Please stay, forever with me.” I finish softly.

At this point we’re both crying silently, looking at each other.

Slowly Vic reaches over and places his hand on mine.

“I thought you’d never say anything.” He whispers, grinning through his tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sososo sorry I've been gone forfreakingever. I had a lot going on, yanno? But I went to warped tour and that was awesome cx

I had the idea for this while I was in the bath and I suddenly just wanted to write it again. Hopefully I'll stick to my word and update this a more often. Ily guys, thanks for sticking with me.

xoxo
Kristie