Rice

100

For some reason Axel felt introducing his family to Kyle. He lived close to the rundown hospital and it seemed to be the path Kyle was going to take anyway. Kyle felt a little guilty for not remembering their names, but they were too difficult to pronounce and he was afraid of saying them wrong. The only name that he would veritably remember is Axel’s sister, Nara. It was such a simple name and he tried with all his might to not pronounce it wrong.

All of his family members were surprised Kyle could understand them, mostly because not that many people actually knew of their race. Kyle thought they talked the same language just like Sage. No one thought nothing else of it.

They had a large feast with foreign foods. Kyle and Axel sat beside each other and once a plate of something unknown came to him, Axel said, “Don’t eat that. You’ll cry and then they’ll feel offended.”

He passed it. “What is it?”
“You don’t want to know.”

**************************************************************
After the day was ending, Axel and Nara walked Kyle out. Nara was shy but she was fascinated by the new friend that Axel made. She usually hid behind Axel, and she now had found an interest in something other than fighting. “I forgot to tell you, Nara is the one who helped us out before.”

“What did she do?”
“You don’t remember? She kicked their asses.”

Nara nods her head. “See? They didn't expect a 90 pound girl to beat them up.”

Nara says softly to Kyle, “You fainted from shock. But it’s okay ‘cause I saved you.”
Kyle felt a little embarrassed. “I don’t remember at all.”

Axel says, “Look, we got to go. You’ll be okay walking to wherever you’re going?”
“Yeah, it’s not far from here.”
“All right, see ya. Nara, say bye.”
“Till next time.”
Kyle said, “Later,” before they took their separate ways.

**************************************************************

He didn’t know if anyone did see it. He was afraid they would think he was crazy for seeing a dead man flying around. Kyle also suspected he was crazy. No one seemed to notice it other than him, or maybe they just ignored it. He just wanted for someone to tell him he hasn’t gotten insane since the incident.

Kyle actually didn’t know where exactly he wanted to go. The last town didn’t work for him since Sage appeared. He wanted to move on to the next town, but he heard rumors that it was haunted with evil spirits. Kyle didn’t believe in the supernatural, but he thought it was a bad idea to go to a town with a bad reputation. So he decided to skip and head into an actual city. There was a nice city with a high population some miles away. He figured the walk won’t last more than two days. Kyle wanted to do some sightseeing.

Kyle heard the town’s population was around 6,000. It wasn’t as big as the previous place, but he didn’t mind. He liked the quietness of towns and cities were always roaring. He needed a nice change of scenery since Sage appeared. It bothered him a little that the floating skeleton followed him, but he thought it was better than talking with it.

Its head followed Kyle to the family restaurant. The morning was already tiring since he walked a mile and a half trying to find a place to stay. His money that he started with was long gone. Kyle did small jobs along the way and that is the money he used to pay for his breakfast. It was delicious, Kyle hadn’t ate that well since he left home. He couldn’t afford to pay for a three star restaurant. He usually bought food from corner stores, but today he wanted to treat himself.

Kyle had picked up a wallet and like an honest person, he turned it in at a police department. The owner had arrived after a call and thanked him. He received 3 twenty dollar bills, 3 ten dollar bills, and 2 five dollar bills as a reward. It was out of luck that he got 100 dollars and it never happened to him. Kyle was happy enough to properly thank the owner of the wallet.