Hard Stares and Bitter Nights

"God dammit...I swear I coulda flossed with that last guys pubes....and he only gave me ten dollars...asshole." Dan cursed as he fixed his hair for the millionth time that night, and posed for some guys walking past who were wondering whether or not to part with their money. They kept walking and he swore loudly, making me roll my eyes impatiently.

"Dammit...we need the money."

"We've got enough to make rent this month, chill out."

"Yeah, but I gotta eat too!! I can't live like you can Alex. And even if you can do it, it's not good for you. You're losing weight too- HOLY FUCK." I frowned in confusion as I heard the ferocious growl of the engine before I had even managed to turn around. A brand new Lamborghini V10 Huracán zipped around the traffic with all the effortless smooth movements that the manufacturers promised. It slowed down slightly and Dan pulled me with him to the side of the pavement. It stopped, and Dan strutted up to it, leaning in the blacked out window as the driver let it down. Dan spoke to the mysterious person for a moment, before walking back to me.

"You take this one."

"What? No, I...I-"

"I know you wanna get in that thing more than life itself. Go for it. Besides....he asked for you. Don't take less than a hundred an hour." I was shocked and he nodded, I grinned at him and walked towards the car as provocatively as I could, my heart hammering with excitement at the thought of getting in the expensive automobile. I stood by the open window and adjusted my tight, ripped up jeans lower on my hips, exposing my body to the driver, before leaning down with my cheeky expression on my face. I was thoroughly shocked to see a young, incredibly hot guy in the car.

"So, you asked for me? Did I look that good from over there?" The guy laughed, somewhat nervously to my surprise.

"Just, do me a favour and get in." I wouldn't have, but something told me that he wasn't gonna hurt me from the way he was looking around and checking his mirrors to make sure there was no one around who might recognise him. I opened the door and climbed in, trying my best not to communicate my intense feelings of pleasure from the smooth cream interior.

"You're into cars?"

"God she's beautiful...." I mumbled breathily, resisting the urge to run my hands over the dash.

"Thanks. I'm not so good with driving things like this though, specially not in the city." I nodded, remembering the task at hand.

"So what are you looking for from me?"

"Well umm....I'm umm...staying at a hotel, near the beach. I was wondering if you could accompany me there?" I smirked slightly at his well spoken language and voice.

"Sure." He nodded and took off, frowning with concentration as he drove, occasionally looking at me nervously.

"Relax baby, I'm not gonna steal your wallet." He laughed incredulously.

"I didn't...god dammit. Can you drive?" My heart leapt into my mouth and I nodded excitedly.

"Ok. Please don't wreck it." He actually pulled over and stepped out, quickly changing to my side of the car. He opened the door and gestured for me to get out, sighing when I climbed over the seat as opposed to getting out.

"Oh man...." I said in pure bliss as I revved it up before taking off. He seemed to be happier not driving and adjusted the tie around his neck.

"You know this thing has got a V10 5.2 litre in it? It's beautiful..."

"I literally have no idea what that means." I gaped at him and he shrugged.

"It's the engine in it baby. You see, most cars run on a V8, cause it's less complex and more economical. The race cars run on a V12, but this bad boy is on a V10, and it runs way smoother, which is why it glides about like a freakin' panther." When I next looked at him he was smiling gently.

"You really love cars don't you?" I felt slightly embarrassed but nodded.

"My dad used to be a mechanic, by the time I was ten I could rebuild an engine in no time." I didn't know why I told him that, I made it my business to never tell a client anything.

"So why- oh, make a left. We're here." I swallowed nervously as we pulled up outside the swankiest hotel in California, definitely in L.A. We climbed out and the valet took the car, I watched it go sadly before walking with the guy, who name, I realised, I still didn't know.

People stared at me the second we got there, and I felt increasingly uncomfortable the closer we got. When the doors were opened for us, the doormen even sneered at me slightly. I walked closer to the suited man in front of me and ignored everyone's gawks and whispers concerning me. When we finally got in the elevator, he looked at me sideways.
"You're very quiet all of a sudden."

"Oh c'mon. Don't tell me you didn't notice that. People piss me off sometimes. It's none of their freakin business y'know?" He smiled slightly.

"I'm a very famous man in certain circles. It's everyone's business." I didn't answer back. We stepped out and I realised he had the penthouse suite. I held back my loud exclamations and just looked at him.

"Who are you?" He laughed at the way I asked and called up for room service.

"Cam Gigandet. I'm a businessman."

"Cool. What business?"

"I own several software development companies." I swallowed again.

"Blimey."

"So what's your name?"

"Alex Pettyfer." He nodded and looked around.

"Umm..do you mind if I go wash up? I've been out for a few hours now..."

"Business slow tonight?" I laughed.

"Say that again. Although I'm starting to get the feeling that it could pick up." I winked and left. When I came back our after having made sure my breath wash fresh and I was clean, he was sat at the table at the far side of the room organising a large pile of papers and signing the odd one. This was weird for me, I'd never had anyone pick me up and not want to fuck right away.

"Working now? Really? Why don't you relax a little bit...?" I asked, getting his attention before pulling off my tight t-shirt. He shifted in his seat and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Married?"

"No."

"Got a girlfriend?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"So that's why."

"Why what?"

"Why you're feeling so guilty and uncomfortable." I whispered, getting closer to him. His eyes watched me with intensity like I'd never seen in anyone before.

"How long have you been with her?"

"Nine months two weeks ago." I nodded and got closer, one of his hands came up and rested flat against the front of my hip.

"Can we just...talk...for a while?" I tilted my head to one side but nodded.

"Sure."

"Tell me something about you. That guy you were with..?"

"He's my best friend." Cam nodded.

"Back to my earlier question...if you know so much about cars, how come you didn't stay with your dad and be a mechanic rather than doing this? I mean, you're English right? " I ignored the slight, involuntary, distaste in his voice when talking about my job, and pulled him over to the couch, sitting us both down before answering.

"My brother and my mum didn't want me around once they found out I was gay. My old man tried to keep me there, but I couldn't separate him from them, and I didn't wanna be around them, so I came to L.A." He nodded.

"That's tough. Do you still talk to him?"

"Every day." He nodded.

"Does he know you do this?"

"Nope. He'd blame himself, feel guilty and everything. I told him I work in a music shop." Cam nodded again.

"What about your family?" We talked for a couple of hours, easily, I didn't realise how much time had passed until he went to the bathroom and I saw the clock behind him. I cursed quietly and waited for him to return. When he did he hesitated in the doorway.
"I didn't realise so much time had passed." He said quietly.

"Me either." I stood up.

"If you're not up for this, it's ok." He hesitated and I nodded.

"Ok. Well, don't worry. I'm gonna go though, ok? And if you change your mind. You know my spot." I turned to walk away and he grabbed my wrist gently, turning me back to him. He leaned over incredibly slowly and kissed me gently. I kissed him back, tasting the champagne he'd ordered and reached for his tie. He let me take it off and start to unbutton his shirt before his hands caught mine. I pulled back. He sighed guiltily.

"Cam. Don't stress. How long you staying here for?"

"Another week."

"Then you've got time to think about it. I'll see you later." I left, somewhat disappointed, and flipped off a snobby couple staring at me as I walked through the lobby, earning shocked gasps which made me laugh.

I went straight home, too tired to get picked up now, and Dan was right there waiting for me.
"God you've been gone ages! Must've been good! He was so hot Alex!! How much did you get? What was he like?" I closed the door behind me, pushing a chair up against it, the lock had broken weeks ago.

"He was staying at that massive hotel on the beach-"

"SHUT UP!"

"In the penthouse suite."

"Fuck!"

"He ordered fucking champagne! Then it came down to it and he was too nervous-"

"What?"

"He has a girlfriend, it would've been his first time I think. He was just too nervous. He asked if we could talk."

"Talk?! You let a guy like that get away without paying you anything?! You didn't even try to seduce him?!!"

"Dan, lay off me. He wasn't ready."

"Alex!! Do you have any idea how hard up-"

"YES I KNOW, OK??! And do you realise that I've never been treated like that by anyone in my entire life?? I've never been able to talk to anyone like that before....oh fuck it. I'm going to bed." I went into our shared bedroom and stripped off before climbing into the sheets, somewhat irritated.

I fell asleep that night, well, morning, thinking about the man from earlier and praying that he'd change his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

Please subscribe, but what I'd love most is some feedback, I'd really like to hear what you think of this story :)