Status: In The Works c:

Oh, Calamity

Kicking and Screaming

When I woke the following morning, I was a little startled to see Alex sleeping next to me. I wondered why he was there, and most importantly why were we naked? As my grogginess faded little by little, I began to remember what had happened last night. Alex and I slept together. I moved as quickly and quietly as I could out of the bed, careful not to wake him. After putting on a t-shirt and some underwear, I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I nearly gasped. My hair was a mess, as usual, but you could definitely tell it was sex hair. There were a few hickeys near the bottom of my neck and I decided I would be wearing a scarf today. Remembering it was only Thursday, I groaned. I had to go to school, and that meant waking up Alex too.

I walked back to my room, surprised to see Alex sitting up in bed.
“Hey,” I said. “Sleep well?” He nodded and yawned.
“I slept great. Did you?” He asked. I nodded and sat down next to him.
“Alex, I think we need to talk about last night.”
“Why? Did you regret what happened?” He looked sad as he asked me that question. It tugged at my heart.
“Alex, even I die today I would have never regretted that. I could never regret anything with you.” He smiled softly at my answer. “I just want to know what does this make us? Are we back together? Aren’t you with Lisa? Oh god, did I just contribute in another cheating scandal?” I started to freak out, and Alex put his hand over mine. I calmed down a little, surprised that only he could bring that type of calmness to me.
“Lisa wanted to get back together, which is why I had broken up with you. I knew what I did and I didn’t think you deserved me. You deserve so much better. It was my guilt, and I thought if I was with Lisa again then everything would stop being complicated. Her and her friends would stop messing with you. I was wrong though, because it still happened. So I broke up with her, but when I came home that day and you and Zack were all couply in the basement I couldn’t believe it.” He paused to take a deep breath. “I got jealous but I tried to hide it. So I stayed away from you. It was so hard, Katherine. So very hard. I wanted to kiss you whenever we were in the same room. I figured you were dating Zack though, so I didn’t do or say anything.”
“I’m not with Zack and I never was, Lexy. I thought I could make you jealous and hurt you, just like you had hurt me. The whole time though, this whole time I was still in love with you. I am in love with you, even after all the shit you put me through. You’re like a drug and I can’t get enough.” I looked at him and smiled. I meant every word I said. I was in love with this guy and I don’t think that would ever change.
“Katherine, I love you so much. I’m in love with you and have been since the very beginning.” My breath caught in my throat. This was like a dream, and to be honest it seemed way too good to be true. “I’m worried though.”
“About?” Here it comes. The thing that will keep us away from each other.
“Lisa, Brooke and Cassie. If they see us together, they will try anything to tear us apart again. I can’t make you go through that, no matter how much we love each other. It wouldn't be fair.” I nodded.
“So what do we do? Go back to keeping this a secret?”
“Yeah, for the time being. We would have to sneak around. I just can’t let you get hurt. It would rip me apart.” I looked down. I wanted to say that I was a big girl and that I could handle them. Deep down, I knew it wasn’t true. I would end up having an anxiety attack or something and would be running out of the school again. I wouldn’t be able to handle it. Reluctantly, I nodded.
“Alright then, I guess that’s how it will be. What about the others? Can we tell them?” He thought about it for a moment.
“I don’t think that’d be a good idea. I feel like the only people who would be able to know are your friends. Mika and Dylan and everyone else in that group. They don’t go to our school or Zack’s school so there’s less of a chance of it getting out to those we know. If we let the band know, well, then it could be chaos.” I agreed. Another complication came into play.
“What about Zack? I know him and I have been pretending to be into each other, but I think… I think that he isn’t pretending anymore.” I frowned. “I think he actually has feelings for me and I don’t want to lead him on.” We sat in silence for a few minutes, no doubt Alex was thinking about what to do with this situation.
“Alright, we have no choice. Tell Zack. I hate hurting his feelings if they are more than friends but like you said, you don’t want to lead him on.” I nodded. Today was going to be a long day. I looked at the clock, surprised to see half an hour had gone by.
“Shit! Alex if we don’t hurry up, we’re going to be late for school!” I jumped off of the bed and hurried to get dressed. I put on some maroon skinny jeans, a black tank top, my white converse and a white scarf. I hurried to find my leather jacket and put it on. By the time I was done, I realized I still needed to fix my hair. I brushed it out as fast as I could and put it into a high ponytail. I went downstairs and grabbed a banana, eating while I waited for Alex. He was downstairs a minute later and we left for school.

We got to P.E. just as the bell rang and I hurried to change into my gym clothes. I knew we were staying inside today since it was cold as shit outside. What do you expect from Maryland in January? We were still getting some snow. Regardless, I was grateful we didn’t have to brave the cold. I finished changing and sprinted to the gym. I wasn’t the last girl out of the locker room, but I sure was close. I sat down on the bleachers next to Alex, trying to catch my breath.

“Today, we are going to do laps around the gym for warm ups.” The coach’s voice rang through the gym loudly. “Following the laps, we will simply have some free time. One side will have volleyball and the other will have basketball. Alright, get moving!” Everyone got up and started running laps. I wasn’t the fastest runner but I could keep up pretty well with my other classmates. Alex, of course, was speeding through. Damn his long legs.

---

“I don’t think I’ve ever been this sore in my life.” I groaned. We had just sat down in our English class and after running four laps and playing basketball, I thought I was done for. I dreaded having class end in an hour because I was sure I wouldn’t be able to move, let alone stand.
“It’s been awhile since we ran laps in gym, that’s probably why.” Alex said. I sighed.
“I can’t wait for lunch, Lex. That banana is long gone now and I’m already starving.” I hoped my stomach wouldn’t growl during class. Thankfully, the teacher finally stepped in and began teaching today’s lesson. The noise would drown out any sound my stomach would make.

Once the bell rang, ending English class, I struggled to stand. I did it though, and was soon moving on to my third period. Heading towards my locker to get my chemistry textbook, I nearly froze when I saw who was there waiting for me. Lisa. I knew I had to keep moving though, so I tried putting on a brave face and walking over to where she and my locker were waiting for me.

“So, you and Alex are speaking again? I hope you know that he’s mine.” She was extra bitchy today, sheesh.
“Oh yeah? That’s not what I heard.” Oh no, why did I just say that?
“And what did you hear?”
“That Alex dumped your skank ass.” I said, closing my locker. “I don’t have time for this, I’m going to be late and I’m not about to let you be the reason.” I started walking away when I felt my hair being pulled. I was caught off guard, and I fell to the floor. Lisa stood over me, a malicious look on her face.
“Alex is mine, you hear? If you try anything, I swear to God I’ll-”
“You’ll what?” I cut her off. “You have nothing against me and I have nothing to lose.” She pursed her lips.
“I’ll just have to take care of you. I don’t think you want to know the meaning behind those words.” I had a pretty good guess. She was making me angry though. She was leaning down towards me at this point, her long dirty blonde hair dangling. Smiling, I reached out and grabbed her hair. Pulling her down to the floor, I did a quick maneuver and soon I was on top of her. “You fucking bitch! Get off of me!”
“Not a chance.” I said. I was pinning her arms down, and a crowd that had began to form earlier started getting bigger.
“You’re such a fucking freak! I don’t even see what Alex sees in you. You’re just a stupid little emo whore who cuts herself and steals peoples boyfriends! Go back to where you came from because no one wants you here.” That was the last straw. I shook my head and balled up my fist. And before anyone could get to me, I punched her. I heard a crack and was sure I had broken her nose. Blood came out and she screamed. I got off, and grabbed my stuff.
“Don’t mess with me, Lisa. That’s just the beginning of what I can do.” I walked off, leaving her bleeding on the floor and a crowd of students gaping at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
new chapter!! not the best but it definitely had some drama. alex and kat are keeping secret again, but who knows how long that will last.
katherines outfit Kat Outfit