Status: Finally finished!

Just Another Ordinary Day... Right?

Chapter Two

“Please God don't let those guys find me,” Jayy thought as he clattered through the halls and into his home room class.

His prayers were, unfortunately, not answered as the door burst open 10 minutes later. However, to Jayy's slight relief, it wasn't Gates or Shadows that poured through the door, but his “saviours”.

As Jayy looked at the guys who came to his rescue, he was vaguely aware of his teacher, Mr Way, saying something about them being new to the school and that they needed someone to show them around.

Without even realising what he was doing, Jayy raised his hand to volunteer.

“Ah, thank you Jayy,” smiled Mr Way, turning to the guys. “You can take a seat and Jayy can show you to your classes once we're finished here”.

The guys all nodded and slowly make their way to the back of the room where Jayy was sat alone.

“Jayy, right?” asked one of the guys in a deep British accent, as he sat next to Jayy.

Jayy just nodded nervously, not sure if they recognised him from earlier.

“I'm Danny,” the guy said with what seemed to be a genuine smile. “That's Ben, Cameron, James and Sam,” he added, pointing to each of the others in turn.

“H-hi...,” whispered Jayy.

“Oh, and don't worry bout those pricks from earlier, I doubt they'll try and mess with ya again,” smirked Danny. “We took care of 'em”.

“T-thank you,” Jayy whispered, his eyes darting between their faces. “Why... why did you help me? Most people just join in when Gates and Shadows pick on me”.

“Cause no-one deserves to get picked on... Even if they do like Green Day,” smiled Ben, with a little chuckle and wink.

“Hey! Green Day are great,” gasped Jayy, finally starting to relax. “They've gotta be better than... Who the hell are Iron Maiden?” he asked, squinting to read Ben's t-shirt.

“Only one of THE best British bands ever!” chimed in Cameron. “Don't you Yanks know anything?”

“I only know what I’ve heard in music stores,” admitted Jayy. “My mom blames music for me being... well, the way I am”.

“Then we,” said Danny, slinging his arm round Jayy's shoulder, “are just gonna have to teach ya, my friend”.

The other guys nodded in agreement, just as the bell rang for the end of home room.

“So, um, what lesson are you guys supposed to be in now?” asked Jayy, getting up and grabbing his backpack.

“History,” grumbled James. “Fucking boring old shit”.

Jayy couldn't help but laugh softly at James' obvious hate of the subject.

“History's not so bad. Miss Lee's a pretty awesome teacher too,” smiled Jayy. “C'mon, I've got history too. I'll lead the way”.

The guys slowly walked out of the classroom and into the corridor, Jayy's eyes darting around to make sure he'd actually be safe walking to class. The guys noticed his cautious behaviour, but decided not to mention it as Jayy led them down the corridor and up two flights of stairs.

“So, what's Miss Lee like?” asked Sam, trying to break the silence they had fallen into. “Is she hot?”

“I'm not exactly the best person to answer that,” confessed Jayy, blushing slightly.

“Oh?” asked Danny. “You more of a Mr Way fan, huh?”

“Something like that,” whispered Jayy as they entered the classroom.

“That's cool,” smiled Ben. “Just like me and Danny”.

Jayy almost dropped his backpack in shock as he span round to look at them.

“You mean you're... together?!” Jayy whisper/shouted.

“Four years, six months, and twelve days,” grinned Danny.

“Awwh!” squeaked Jayy, quickly covering his mouth in case anyone heard him.

Ben and Danny chuckled softly as they nodded and headed over to a desk near the back of the room.

“That's so cute,” whispered Jayy, flopping into a chair behind them. “I wish I had that...”

“Had what, mate?” asked James, sliding into the chair next to Jayy.

“Someone who'd say with me longer than a few weeks,” sighed Jayy, his eyes flicking to the other side of the room. “Someone who didn't listen to Gates' crap and try to pretend he's something he's not...”

“Any guy who would do that to you, ain't worth your time mates,” said James, following Jayy's gaze to try and see who he's looking at.

Jayy shrugged, turning his head back to his bag and pulled out his folder and Hello Kitty pencil case.

“Oh my God!” squeaked Ben, reaching into his bag. “I've got the same pencil case!”

“Could you two be any gayer?” chuckled Danny, watching Jayy and Ben compare pencil cases.

“Yeah, we could be braiding your hair,” giggled Ben.

“Or doing your make-up,” smirked Jayy.

Danny burst out laughing. “Yeah, you two are definitely gonna get on well”.

Jayy and Ben high-fived each other as Miss Lee walked into the class and started the lesson.
♠ ♠ ♠
All comments welcome :)