Status: I will also be putting together a soundtrack for this story. At the end, I will put the track listing in a separate chapter.

Suffocated

The Wicked Cool End

The Wicked Cool End
Chapter 11
A few days later, I was released from the hospital. I stayed with Johnny, we talked things over & we were good again. He was my little brother. I didn't want to be on bad terms again. I had decided to stay, but I rarely went outside in fear of Gina finding me. Apparently, she had finally found out I was alive. She didn't care, though. She had Zacky. That's all she wanted. Zacky & I stopped talking for a long time. It was really hard on me. Apparently, it was really hard for him, too. The guys told me that he'd been drinking hardcore every night since he'd seen me in the hospital. Things were really bad for us. Then one day...
"Johnny, I'm going to the mall. I'll be back later." I shouted as I grabbed my purse & checked myself in the mirror a final time.
"By yourself?" he asked me, surprised.
"Yeah. I've been cooped up in here a long time. I need to get out."
"Call Michelle or Valary. See if they'll go with you. I don't like you going anywhere alone. Not after what happened to you."
"Johnny, I'll be fine. Just forget it."
"You almost died, Taylor. I'm not going to just fucking forget it."
"Fine. I'll call them & take them with me."
"Thanks." he said, hugging me.
"I just want you to be safe." he said, softly.
"I know. I understand." I texted Michelle & Valary to see if they were up to going to the mall with me & they'd said be at Johnny's in ten minutes to pick me up.
"They're coming to get me soon. Happy?"
"Yeah. That makes me feel a little better. Thanks."
"Anytime, little bro." I chuckled, nudging him. Soon after that, they were waiting for me outside.
"I'll see you later." I said, kissing his cheek.
"Love ya, Taylor. Be careful out there."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I waved, shutting the door behind me. I got into Val's car & sat in the backseat behind Michelle.
"Ready for a little girl time?" Valary asked me, pulling out of the driveway.
"Totally." I sighed.
"Good because we're gonna have so much fun." Michelle giggled. Once we were there, we went inside & walked around. I had just walked past Hot Topic when I saw him inside. I stopped dead in my tracks.
"What is it, honey?" Val asked me. I couldn't even speak. Then he turned his head to see me. His eyes met mine & he smiled.
"I'll be right back." I whispered, walking slowly towards Hot Topic.
"Taylor? Is it really you?" Zacky asked me.
"Yeah." I whispered in a shy tone.
"It's been a while since I've seen you."
"Yeah, it has." We both stood there for a minute or two not saying anything & then he broke the silence.
"Gina's gone. We're not together anymore. She left. She's somewhere in Europe now." My eyes lit up.
"Does that mean-?" my voice trailed off.
"Do you really have to ask?" he grinned, kissing my lips.
"I missed those kisses of yours." I smiled, happily. I turned to look at Valary & Michelle & they both looked surprised. We walked over to them, holding hands & they both asked the same question at the same time.
"Well?" We all laughed & then Zack explained the situation.
"Aw, we're so happy for you both." Michelle grinned, hugging us both. We all hung out for a while before finally leaving.
"I think I'm just going to have Zacky take me back later. I'll be okay." I told them.
"Sounds good. Tell Johnny so he doesn't worry." Val said, hugging me before leaving.
"I will. Don't worry." I chuckled as they got in her car & drove away.
"I really missed you. Like, a lot." he said, putting his arm around me.
"I missed you, too. Is she really gone?"
"Yeah. She left a week ago. She isn't coming back."
"Well, that's good to know. " I grinned.
"Look, I'm really sorry about her. I wish there was something I could've done to stop it. I didn't know she'd go that far."
"She's gone now & won't bother us ever again. Look, I probably need to go home. Johnny is probably getting worried."
"Yeah. Come on." he said as we walked to his car. Once we got there, Johnny came outside, furious.
"What the fuck, Taylor? Valary & Michelle were supposed to bring you home." I had totally forgotten to text him.
"I saw Zack at the mall &..." my voice trailed off.
"& What?" he said, angrily.
"Gina left him & moved to Europe. So..."
"Oh hell no. Not again. He couldn't protect you the first time. I thought he could. You're making a mistake, Taylor."
"What the fuck did you just say?" Zack got out of his car, pissed off.
"You can't take care of my sister. You never fucking could. Look what you fucking did to her you fuck! Never again. Get inside, Taylor."
"Johnny, what the hell?" I asked him, confused.
"I can keep you safe. He can't. I'm not allowing this to go on."
"Not this again." I sighed, hanging my head in hands.
"Seriously? It wasn't even my fault. It was Gina's." Zack argued.
"Yeah, well, maybe if you'd gotten that fucking restraining order, that crazy bitch wouldn't have hurt Taylor. This is all on you, Zack."
"I thought we were past all that."
"We are. I just don't want you dating my sister."
"Whatever. I'll text you later, Taylor." Zacky said as he stormed off.
"What the fuck, Johnny? Fucking seriously you fucking mother fucker? I'm finally happy for like 5 fucking minutes & you go & fuck it all up? What the fuck?" I screamed bloody murder at him. I'd never been so pissed off in my entire existence.
"You almost died. She almost killed you. You ran away once & I didn't see you for years. I almost lost you again & you're pissed at me for trying to save you? What the hell, Taylor? He can't keep you safe. He couldn't keep you from her. How do you even know if Gina's in Europe? How do you know she won't come back & try to kill you? She is psycho."
"Just forget everything. Just drop it. Just leave me alone." I sighed, storming off. I walked down to the pier & just sat at the end, dangling my legs over the edge. The sun was setting & I started thinking about moving back to Florida. Maybe even running away to somewhere else. Johnny was doing it all over again. It was driving me insane. However, it was just one occurence. Still, I couldn't let him control my life all over again. I wasn't sure how long I'd been sitting there when Brian walked over to me & sat down beside me.
"Here, drink this. You look like you need it." Brian grinned, handing me a beer.
"Thanks. How'd you know I was here?"
"Really? Do you really have to ask?"
"Johnny texted you, didn't he?" I asked him, knowingly as I popped open my bottle.
"Yeah, yeah he did. After what happened to you, do you blame him?"
"No, I guess not."
"So you & Zack are an item again, huh?"
"Well, sort of. Johnny doesn't approve. I'm kind of...lost. I don't know what to do now."
"Just give it a few days. Either he'll come around or he'll just suck it up & deal."
"I guess. I'm thinking about leaving...again."
"You can't. Everyone was devastated the first time. How do you think they'll feel this time?"
"There's way too much shit going on right now. I can't handle it."
"Whatever you think you need to do, I suppose. I just don't think it's the right decision." We sat there talking for about another hour before I headed back to Johnny's. Thankfully, he'd already passed out on the couch. I headed to bed & passed out shortly after as well. The following morning, I woke up. The house was unusually quiet. I got out of bed, walked to the living room to find it empty. Johnny's room was empty, too. I was home alone.
"Well, that's odd." I thought aloud. I was just getting ready to head back to my room when I heard the door bell. Upon opening the door, I was greeted with a dozen roses.
"I thought maybe these would cheer you up." Zack grinned.
"Yeah. These work." I chuckled, taking them & motioning for him to come in.
"Is Johnny home?"
"No. I don't know where he went."
"Well, I probably shouldn't stay. Not after yesterday."
"He'll get over it."
"I hope so. He's my best friend, but you're..." his voice trailed off.
"I'm what?"
"My everything. You mean the world to me, Taylor." he grinned, shyly.
"Aw, really?" I blushed.
"Well, yeah. Shit just kinda sucks now because of everything that's going on."
"Yeah. Well, I'm talking to Johnny about it later."
"Talking to me about what?" I heard Johnny say behind me.
"Fuck." I thought.
"I should probably go." Zack said.
"No, stay here." I said, holding him back.
"No, you need to get the fuck out of my house." Johnny snapped.
"Fuck off, Johnny. I'm older than you. You said it yourself, I'm going to make mistakes. I'm going to get hurt. Okay, maybe I almost died, but I fuckin' made it, didn't I? Let go of me. You are suffocating me...again."
"Is that what I'm doing? If that's what you think, then you can leave, too. Don't bother coming back this time." Johnny said, walking past me.
"What?" I whispered in total shock.
"I didn't stutter." he said, slamming his bedroom door.
"Oh my god." I whispered, tears streaming down my face.
"Hey, it'll be okay."
"Fuck off, Zack. If it weren't for you, this wouldn't be happening. Your psycho ex almost killed me & now Johnny hates me. Thanks asshole." I screamed, storming out the front door. That was it. I was done. I was leaving. Leave it all behind again & just take off. I called a taxi & had them pick me up at the pier & went to the nearest bus station. I was heading back to Florida until I figured something else out. The next bus wasn't leaving for another three hours. I sat on a bench & waited & waited. Then waited some more. Finally, it was time. The bus ride seemed to take an eternity. When I finally arrived in Florida, I was slightly relieved. I was probably better off on my own anyway. I got a hotel for the night & while I was lying in bed, I got a text from Brian.
"Seriously? You left again? That's great, Taylor. Zack is a total wreck & Johnny won't even talk to any of us. You're really tearing this group apart, you know."
"I'm sorry, Brian. I can't handle it anymore. There's way too much going on."
"I don't even want to hear it. Everyone's been through some shit. You are family, like it or not. You better get your ass back home or else we'll come fucking get you & drag your ass back here." I didn't say anything back to that. After a few minutes, Brian texted me again.
"Fine. Have it your way. See you in a few days. ;-)"
"Oh, great." I rolled my eyes. I stayed a few extra days & sure enough, Jimmy, Brian, & Matt were knocking at my door. I didn't answer & so Brian kicked the door in.
"Was that really necessary?" I asked him.
"Yes, yes it was. Let's go princess." Brian said, picking me up & throwing me over his shoulder.
"No, let me down. Brian! Damn it! Stop!" I kicked & screamed.
"He's not letting you go so might as well just chill." Jimmy laughed.
"Matt? Help?"
"You're on your own kiddo. You were given fair warning." Matt laughed.
"Oh my god. I'm going to fucking kill you, Brian." I said, annoyed.
"Aw, but then you'll miss me & you can't bring back the dead." Brian said. He threw me into the backseat with Jimmy while Matt & Brian sat in front. The drive took another eternity & finally we were home again. BUT we had to go to Johnny's first.
"What do you want?" Johnny sighed at the sight of me, Matt, Brian, & Jimmy.
"Apologies need to be exchanged. Hugs need to be given & a strong bond needs to be replaced between you two. Now." Brian demanded.
"Fuck you, man. I'm not saying shit." Johnny scoffed.
"I will knock your fuckin' lights out short shit. Try me. We just fucking drove all the fucking way to Florida to go get her. You're going to fucking do what the fuck I tell you to do."
"You went back?" Johnny asked me, surprised.
"Uh, yeah. You did say -"
"You listened? I was pissed. Taylor, I didn't mean it. I mean, I was just mad. I just figured you went to stay with Zack for a while."
"Speaking of which, he'll be over shortly. I don't think I need to repeat myself about what you need to do." Brian said to me.
"Look, Taylor. I'm sorry, okay? I love you. You're my sister. I guess I just over react a little bit sometimes," I gave him a look. "okay, a lot. Geez. Are we good now?"
"Yeah. Always. Love ya, short shit." I grinned, hugging him.
"Cool." he grinned.
"But, I swear if you ever do that again, I will not hesitate to knock you down a three pegs. Got me?" I warned, pointing a finger in his face.
"I got it, I got it." he sighed.
"Good."
"Well, here I am." Zack sighed as I turned around.
"Um..." I couldn't even say anything I was so ashamed.
"Look, you don't have to apologize. You were right even though you were kind of a bitch about it. I'm sorry. If you don't want to be with me anymore, I understand."
"Shut up & kiss me already." I laughed, grabbing him & pulling him close to me.
"Oh." he smiled.
"Okay, are we all good now? No more fighting? We good?" Brian asked everyone.
"Yes, Brian." Everyone said at the same time.
"Good. You're all welcome by the way. Jimmy & I saved the day. Oh, Matt too."
"Yeah, we're the heroes. Thank you, thank you. No need for applause or anything." Matt said with a small laugh.
From then on, Johnny was a lot more laid back. I had to whip him into shape from time to time, but for the most part, he was really trying to let go. Zacky & I are doing great. No one has heard from or seen Gina for a few years. I think she finally decided to go do her own thing. As for everyone else, we're all happy & hanging out all the time. Things couldn't possibly be better.
The End