Status: I will also be putting together a soundtrack for this story. At the end, I will put the track listing in a separate chapter.

Suffocated

Overbearing

Chapter 2
Overbearing
"So how was school kids?" our mom asked us as we walked in the door.
"Same crap, different day." Johnny chuckled.
"Johnny!" she scolded.
"Well, he's right." I agreed with a shrug as I walked up the stairs to my room. Opening my backpack, I dumped all of my text books onto my bed.
"I'll just do it later." I thought to myself as I walked over to my stereo. I turned on some Bullet For My Valentine & laid down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Then I received a text from Zacky.
"What's up Taylor?"
"Not much here. Just listening to music. You?"
"Same. Do you wanna hang out?"
"Yeah! That'd be great."
"Okay. Cool. I'll be over in ten." he texted me back. I stood up & walked over to my dresser to fix my eyeliner in the mirror.
"What are you getting ready for?" Johnny asked me, standing in my doorway, leaning against the frame.
"Zacky & I are going to go hang out." I sighed, not looking over at him.
"What for?"
"He asked me. Besides, what's it matter to you?" I scoffed.
"Look, I don't like you hanging out with Zacky."
"Why? You do remember that I'm older than you, right?"
"Yeah. How can I forget? You remind me all the time." he sighed.
"Then lay off. Chill the hell out. I'm old enough to make my own damn decisions."
"Taylor, I just don't want you getting too close to him."
"You're 15, dude. I'm 18. I'm not a child. You are. Now get the fuck out of my room!" I shouted. He frowned, looked down at the ground, & walked back to his room, quietly shutting the door behind him.
"Taylor! Zacky's here." my mom shouted up the stairs at me.
"I'm coming." I shouted back, taking one final look in the mirror & walking down the stairs.
"Ready to go?" he grinned, hands in his pockets.
"Always. Let's go. I'll be home later." I told my mom as I shut the front door.
"So what's the plan?" I asked him, curiously.
"I don't know. I just needed to get out of the house for a while & I didn't want to be alone."
"Well, I'm glad you thought of me." I grinned.
"You wanna go to the skate park?"
"Sure, sounds good." Once we were there, we walked around & found a place to sit on the top of a half pipe.
"Are you okay?" he asked me, knowingly.
"I guess. It's just Johnny. He doesn't like us hanging out together."
"What? Why?" he laughed.
"He doesn't want me to get too close to you. He's just being protective, but he's 15. I'm 18. He's a Freshman & I'm a senior. He doesn't get it. I told him to lay off a little & he looked sad & went into his room."
"He's just looking out for you. I know that probably doesn't make sense since he's younger than you, but I don't think he's comfortable with you being around boys or something."
"Maybe that's it." I sighed.
"Just give it some time. He'll get over it." Zacky grinned, nudging me, playfully. Weeks passed & still, Johnny was being slightly overbearing. I eventually quit going to their band practices because I couldn't take it anymore. The guys were in a band called Avenged Sevenfold. Johnny played bass, Zacky played rhythm guitar, Brian played lead guitar, Jimmy played drums, & Matt sang & screamed. They were pretty good, but they couldn't ever get any gigs set up. Then one day at school, Zacky & I were sitting in history class, bored out of our minds when an announcement came over the intercom.
"Attention everyone. As I'm sure you're all aware, prom is coming up soon. Tomorrow, you will all be able to elect a prom king & queen. There will be 4 slots open for elected kings & 4 slots for elected queens. We will reveal your 4 couples eligible for voting a 5 days before prom. The night of prom you will cast your vote & we will crown the king & queen that same night. So start thinking of who you'd like to see be your prom king and queen. Good luck everyone!" Zacky & I just looked at each other & grinned a little bit. After class, he walked me to my locker. Once we were there, he leaned against the locker next to mine.
"So do you think you'll go to prom?" he asked me, putting his hands in his pockets.
"Probably not. Besides, who'd ask me to go with them anyway? I'm sure Matt & Valary will probably go together. But I probably won't go." I sighed, taking my books from my locker & putting them in my backpack. I looked at Zack & he had a shy grin on his face.
"What?" I laughed.
"Well, what if I asked you to go with me?" he asked me, nervously.
"Wait, what? Seriously? You'd want to take me to prom?"
"Taylor, I've liked you for a while now. I really want to take you to prom. Will you be my date?" he asked me, looking over at me.
"Zack, I don't know what to say."
"Well, it's a simple yes or no answer." he laughed.
"Yes. Yes, I'd love to be your date to the prom."
"Cool." he grinned as I shut my locker door.
"Come on. The guys are waiting on us." he said as he put his arm around me.
"You better not let Johnny see this. He'll flip." I chuckled.
"Nah. Besides, he's my best friend. He'll get over it." When we walked out to Brian's car, I sat in the back with Zack & Matt while Johnny gave me a disappointed look & sat in the front.
"What the hell is your deal, man?" Brian asked him.
"I don't want to talk about it." he sighed, slumping down in his seat. Once Brian dropped us off at home & we were inside, Johnny let it all out.
"What the fuck, Taylor?"
"What?"
"Don't play dumb with me. You know exactly what I'm talking about."
"Fuck off, Johnny. I don't need to explain myself to you."
"Are you Zack's girlfriend now or something?"
"Well, no. Not exactly."
"What is that supposed to mean?" he asked me, confused.
"He asked me to prom, nosey ass. I'm going to prom with Zack & guess what? I don't give a fuck if you like it or not so fuck you." I screamed, storming up the stairs.
"Fuck me." he muttered. I slammed my door shut & threw myself on my bed. What the hell, Johnny? Wasn't this supposed to be the other way around? After we graduated, I was determined to move the hell out. I couldn't take this much longer.