Timed

Chapter 15

“We need a new heir to the throne,” The Elder said, his hand massaged his temples, and he grimaced.

“Sir,” the lower chair, a young man in his twenties, had said. “How and where are we going to find a man or perhaps a wench to fulfill the seating this late in the season. You're quite daft, my Lord,”

“Daft indeed,” the woman next to the lower chair said, “nonetheless, it is the Elder's choice; and have us be damned if it messes up, but no one thinks so, and neither should you, Calvin.”

The room stood still for a moment; eyes were focused on the lower chair, Calvin.

“My apologies,” Calvin said, and sat back down quietly.

A knock on the door was heard from across the room, the Elder shuttered, and walked over to open the door.

The door creaked open, and revealed a man and a young girl. That damned girl was me. Ivory Brigid AdelineLa Boussière. Eustace was at my side—his grip had tightened slightly, and dragged me closer to where the Council was.

“Madame La Boussière, it is grand to meet you here. Dressed in drab, and hopefully will be dressing a lot better in the future.” The Elder said.

“Where's Ace? Eustace told me you wanted to see us both,”

“True and false,”

I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

“I wanted to see you both, but you first,” the Elder gazed upon me, studying my looks. “You are,” he hesitated and approached, his hand was placed gently onto my face. He was cold, it had stung me from the touch of his hand. “Breathtaking, and you would be perfect.”

“For what, in particular?” I questioned.

He placed an ice cold finger on my lips, signaling me to hush.

“You will find out soon,” he grasped my hands, and caressed them up to his chest; planted his hairy lips onto them.

He had signaled for me to leave without saying another word.

Eustace and another guard had spun me around to walk me out. I was in cuffs, they had tightened around my hands with a strong grip, it was possible for them to leave marks once they had been removed when I had reached my cell.

The door locked behind me. I was alone then. No one to hear my scream, though it was on the inside that was screaming. I had approached the small, barred window that was plastered on to the wall. I had smiled slightly—my energy focused itself entirely on the hope that the mystery of Sir Johnson and Miles Liverstone would be solved, although, I had known the mystery was solved all along; however, the deceased carcasses were nowhere to be found... Yet.