Timed

Chapter 5

"What on earth do you mean, Ivory?" His voice tense, filled with slight confusion.

"I mean, I know where my family is now." I coincided with the exact time it had occurred to me.

"Ireland!" My voice had pitched higher, this time my face fell to a vulgar sense of hope.

He sat up, back hunched at the same proximate level as me. He flipped open a phone, and began to dial as his fingers started to tremble.

"I've found her..." He had gasped. He felt close to achieving something..

"Be here in ten, Jez... She may be hard to handle than what we are used to." His voice became personal to the open. He came to a halt after closing the phone.

"I'm sorry," I shouted.

He didn't speak, all he could do was rise up, shake off what he heard off of him, and walk out. Leaving me in the dark room. My pupils had grown in size, they began to adapt to the blinding dark; they squinted with soft tension.

My legs rose from the arm of the chair. The circulation making them shake from the light touch that had met the edge of my toes as they touched the floor. My arms clasped to each other, shuddering from the cold that had swooped in. My fingers were now turning purple; losing a pulse, I fell to the door. The sheer gold doorknob stung my fingertips, each being prickled with a thousand watts seeping through. It didn't budge, my eyes flashed around thoroughly searching for a way out.

Lights then began to flicker, no one seemed to be near the light switch, nor was there a source of anyone in the room, but me. I had imagined as if it were a dream-lights going on and off with no direct presence lingering.

I showed no remaining remorse. My voice didn't reach its peak it wanted to release, it yearned to scream, yet no one would hear.

"Ace," my voice fell flat, I could no longer stand the dead tone within my own voice.

I could feel the paranoia kick in, my legs curved up as my back arched into a narrow fetal position. I was going to die right here, I could feel it. Death was hovering over, hopelessly swinging a brass-golden watch side to side, and hypnotizing me into sleeping forever.

My body bent back, a growing pain caused my spine to appear outwards, bumps protruded out from the open layers that formed angry cuts. The tissue that surrounded the plate began to devour away from the bend that seemed to never end.

My skin was turning a dirty brown, breaking away from the barrier where it concealed itself. It felt like a rotten banana had been stored inside of me, and was now beginning to make a curve around the back of my body.

My body, now engulfed with flaming, tortured pain, had stopped. I could reach my legs again. I hugged them tightly, my back now inflamed. It felt like fire was burning me from the inside out, arteries would explode, and the water that held me in, would soon evaporate.

The door swung open, a stirring roar of emotions erupted inside of me. I had a lot to throw at others.

"Come," A calm voice called from the darkened archway of the door.

I got up; legs arching towards the left of me, my body frame now unbearable to move. I sucked it in, and began walking. Lights from nearby candles turned on, enveloping each flame with a flow of ember reaching the ceiling, nearly etching away at the stone that covered the corridor.

"Follow."

Leaves had embodied a pathway along the stone floor, leading onto a balcony that had gazed upon a moon that drizzled with bright, absorbing light.

I looked out onto the horizon, aurora lights shined bright amongst the far sky that had seemed closer than before. My eyes peered down to the ground; a familiar statue had been placed in a courtyard. Its eyes filled with spooked madness, as if he were delusional. His crown exposed horns that ran down the backing of his neck, cascading into a curled horn.

A shadow fell from the skylight, it lurked over to the statue; the shadow began to rub it. Whispering words to it. The words became louder to my ears, "Let me stay, I need her... Let me stay, I need her."

His voice was cynical; it was deep with a tendered sigh that escaped the last two words he whispered. He looked up into the deep, blackened sky. He curled his fingers tightly into his palms, nearly scraping the inside.

He then fell forward onto his knees; face beginning to turn a hardened grey. Stone began to attach to him, each tattooing itself onto him; his face began to fall, nearly peeling away from his body. It seeped down like water; each drop had swum down from his now gone face.

A tail swirled from underneath his hip, twirling into a loop. Wings flustered out from behind, sparkling rays of grey and white. Each now covered in stone. His arms pulled back, stone levitating and falling underneath him.

His head turned, nearly having his eyes fixate on me. I felt a cold rush go straight through me as the hair and eyes were the last to go. They formed from an ordinary mixture into a farfetched image. The eyes were daunting.

I gasped at the shadow, the moon shined inside the trees, forming a silhouette of a man that was about six foot one. A chiseled smile, broadened, and a prominent chin that held a lingering smile. Instantly, he brought a smile to my heart-shaped face.

"What are you doing?" A voice, that was broader than ever, rose up from behind me. I could feel arms circling my lower side. Fingers that resembled a masculine man.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, my voice reaching a high peak of sincerity.

"You made it out of the room... Did you see anything?" His voice seeming to abandon its turning point of lowering itself.

"Apart from seeing a lot out here, no." My eyes turned to his. His eyes grew big, processing all of what I said, trying to make sense of it.

My arm was tugged into another room then, everything went right through as we raced to the front door. It had drawings of people on it, one of a young child brushing off a brown, wool blanket.

"Do you have a moment?" He asked, eyes darting towards the door and me. I nodded. "I want you to know what I am. Have you seen the statues?" He questioned, lips parting slightly.

"Yes, but what does this have to do with anything?" I questioned.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." A distant voice came from a far off corner, nestled deep in the dark.

"Leave, now pest." He spat, his voice darkened.

"Why be rude to a guest, now that is bad hospitality." His voice grew bigger; I could feel him nearly smiling earnestly. "It's such a pleasure to reveal my forthcoming again."

His eyes had turned on me; bitter revenge had seeped through the floorboards, causing his own skin to wrinkle into a delicate rag like texture.

"Cullen," I croaked, arms reaching my pelvis area, stomach beginning to churn into a reaching level of excitement.

His eyes snapped shut, taking in the lasting aroma that filled the room enough to cause him to make a run for the door, and blocking us both in. His muttering whispers had chased my brain around, imploring that I follow every order of his.

"Follow me," his scent was wrenched with death. "I will keep you safe."

His hand, shaking with tension, roamed to the bottom of my lip; his fingers were grimy-covered in a burgundy substance that I had never seen before.

"I can't," my eyes had screamed shut, I couldn't move-I remained in the position until I walked passed him and into the ajar door.

"You must, you're already doing it." His voice lowered to a dark groan.

"I suppose I am." I fell into a dull voice, and nothing seemed to pick up the pitch that had faded long ago.

"You made a divine choice, Ivory." His hands grasped onto the steering wheel, I could feel his knuckles tighten around the thin strap of the handle.

"I don't know why, but I feel crestfallen, distraught, anything that reminds me of the word sad." My voice croaked higher this time, causing his eyes to fixate on me.

His arm reaches out to touch me in a way to try and comfort me; I shrugged his hand away, making the pain that was invisible overpower me. Grief had poured out a mixture of withering and deceitful onto the opening of my heart, causing more pain to strike like lightening.

He walked out then, and I was left there to sit in my own misery.