Status: keeping this alive!

Dreams Only Last for a Night

Chapter Three

The door creaks open, revealing a room furnished with boxes. As Jack stepped in, dust swirled around his feet. The attic smelled musty, having never been opened in the last decade. He switched on the lights, having a bit of difficulty, since it has been so long. As the dim light illuminated the attic, Jack's eyes flitted to a cardboard box which has the word 'Band' scrawled on it with a permanent black marker.

He curiously stepped towards it, and crouch down to have a better look of it. His back strained of old age, but Jack ignored it. He slowly sat cross legged, his eyes fixated over this box. He reached out, running his long fingers along the opening of the box, taped by masking tape.

He dug his fingers at the end of the tape, and pulled it off. It ripped open, leaving the box open for Jack to explore. He chucked the tape aside, peering in the box. He opened it up, holding his breath in as the dust settled around him.

The didn't contain much, but to Jack, it was all he needed. It had all the albums that All Time Low released, photos thrown in messily, a few Kerrang! magazines that featured the band and a large rectangular book. Jack took an album out, carefully, as if that was the most fragile thing on the planet.

It was Nothing Personal, one of their popular albums. The case was slightly worn out, but otherwise, it was in a good condition. After all these years. Jack hummed the tune to 'Weightless' as he took out the whole pile of photos out.

He wasn't sure why he bothered printing the photos out when he could find them online. But Jack was glad that his past self decided to do so. The first photo showed the band together, everybody was smiling. This was when they out in Dublin for a drink, and Jack remembered it so clearly.

He smiled as he sees Zack's arm around Jack's shoulders in that photo and Rian leaning next to Alex, showing off his pearly whites. Jack stared at Alex, who didn't look as happy as the other three guys. He may be smiling, but his eyes showed the opposite. Jack shook his head as he flipped to next photo.

It was the same place, only that it was after the shot. Vinny shot this for the heck of it, but Jack liked it. It showed Rian walking towards the camera, possibly to see the photo and Zack was listening to Jack. Jack's movements were blurred, he was laughing like a maniac then. As much as the photo look quite humorous, Jack couldn't help but realise that Alex was acting quite oddly in the
photo.

Alex was staring at Jack, the older boy's face looking slightly annoyed. Upon closer look, Alex was clutching his drink a bit too tightly, his knuckles white from gripping.

What did I do to make him so annoyed?

Jack finds out his answer soon as reality started to blur and Jack was brought back to his younger self in Dublin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Me again, I do hope somebody reads this. I'm really happy how it turned out, but I'm really sorry if the story is progressing REALLY slowly. I find that my paragraphs are really short, and I tend to go overboard with my description ugh. Hope you all enjoy this!