Status: updating weekly!

The Summer of Our Lives

five

I just wanted to sink into the mattress and disappear. Alex was my friend, and I went against his word. I was praying that Mallory would stay asleep long enough that I could get dressed and leave without her noticing. I sat up slowly and waited for a second so the nausea could pass. By the time it did I heard the mattress creak. I looked over and saw Mallory moved and start rubbing her eyes. A second later she was looking at me with wide eyes.

"Uh, hey," I said awkwardly.

"You have to go," she said nervously after a moment.

"Yeah just let me get my stuff real quick," she pulled the cover over her head while I got dressed. She didn't ever move them when I went to leave, so I assumed she didn't want talk about what had happened. Which I was ok with, I didn't want to face it.

I walked back towards my room, slowly, and thought about everything I had to do today with this hangover. First, I had to face everyone who knew I slept with someone last night. Second, we had to finish this music video today. And third, I was most likely going to be sucked into going to another bar tonight. I eventually ended back at my room and fell onto my bed with a groan.

"Hey big bro, where were you?" Mike asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"Nowhere, I crashed in someone's room."

"A ladies room?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Yes Mike, a fucking ladies room. I have the worst hangover you could imagine, so shut the fuck up," I snapped.

"All right, my bad. Go get ready for the video shoot, we got ten minutes until we leave."

I walked into the bathroom to at least bathe, I wreaked of booze and sweat. I took a quick shower and put on a clean outfit. Mike and I left right after to meet Tony and Jaime in the main lobby, who gave me shit the entire way over for last night. I was just glad they didn't know who I had been with, or at least weren't mentioning her.

We walked right onto the set, where Kellin was waiting for us patiently. He was already dressed and ready to go. I walked over and pulled the cheap suit I was going to be wearing off the rack. Kellin walked up to me after I was changed and was straightening my tie up.

"So man, last night was crazy huh?" He said.

"Yeah, I've got a terrible hangover."

"Mine wasn't too bad, you look rough," Kellin laughed.

"Thanks," I replied sarcastically.

"So, you and Mallory?" My eyes shot up to meet his, which looked playful.

"W-what did you say?" I asked nervously.

"I saw you two man, you guys were all over each other in the back of the club."

"Listen you can't tell anyone, not a single person. Do you understand?" I said under my breath, slightly panicked.

"Chill, I wasn't going too. Why is it such an issue?"

"Her brother was giving me hell about staying away from her, then what do I do? I fuck her when I'm piss drunk. He can't know."

"Damn Vic, you're kind of fucking stupid, but I won't tell anyone." he chuckled.

The day dragged on forever it felt like. I successfully avoided vomiting the entire day though and made it back to my hotel room barely alive. I also avoided going back out with the guys to a bar. I decided to text Mallory to apologize, or whatever.

To Mallory: sorry about last night... don't know what came over me hope we're still good

By eleven I still had no reply to I just went to bed. We had a show tomorrow and I just wanted this fucking headache to go away.

I woke up the next morning feeling a thousand times better and ready for the day ahead. I woke up Mike and we got our stuff out of the room and headed back over to the bus. The guys were all tired and hungover, so we laid low until it was time for our signing.

The kids were amazing, as usual. It was still unreal to us, we didn't deserve their love, but it was all going right back at them. I decided to catch the end of All Time Low's set instead of sitting inside until it was our turn to play. I stood side stage and listened to their last two songs. Mallory, who looked nice in some cut off shorts and a black, loose tank top, with a snapback on backwards like mine, was standing behind Rian.

Once they walked off stage she started collecting wires, rounding them up to be put away. I was talking to Jack for a second to tell him how awesome him and the guys did. Mallory was so focused on what she was doing that she didn't notice me and ran into my side. She looked apologetic, until she saw that it was me and looked nervous. I just wanted to talk to the girl.

"Sorry," she whispered.

"It's no sweat," I said while handing her a bundle of wires she had dropped. She smiled in gratitude and ran off. I didn't understand why she was so afraid to talk to me after what happened. I get that it's awkward. Maybe she was hiding something, maybe this is why I was warned to stay away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I literally never know how to end a chapter