I Was Hoping You'd Ask

Chapter 15

I was starting to doze off a little, I didn’t realize how tired I was but it was probably from just sitting in the dark for so long and staring at my phone screen, scrolling through Twitter.

I was interrupted my two knocks on my door. I got up and ran over to check through the peephole and see Brian on the other side. I was so happy he was finally here. I opened the door and there he was, smirking at me, holding a pizza back in one hand and the other in his pocket. He had sweats on and an old Boston College t-shirt with some running shoes on. He still looked so very cute to me. “Ah food” I said laughing and inviting him in my apartment. “Would I still be invited in if I didn’t bring the pizza?” he asked jokingly. “Of course” I said, laughing with him. We walked into the kitchen and I took out two plates for us. He sat the pizza on the counter in front of him. “Can I get you a water?” I asked him as he was pulling out two pieces of pizza to set on each plate. “Yes, please” he told me. I got out two bottles of waters and some ranch. “What’s the ranch for?” he asked with a disgusted look on his face. “I can’t eat pizza without some ranch,” I said, defending myself. “That’s disgusting,” he said, laughing at me. “Have you ever tried it?” I asked him still trying to defend myself and my interesting food combination. “No, I’ve never seen someone eat their pizza with ranch.” He assured me. “You have a deprived life then, because everyone eats their pizza this way.” I poured a little puddle of ranch on each of our plates and told him to follow me. He didn’t argue and proceeded to follow me into the living room. We sat our plates down on the coffee table in front of us and plopped onto the couch at the same time. There was enough space between us so we could eat comfortably, but our thighs were touching each other. It drove me crazy to be touching him, I tried to remain as calm as possible though. I told him he had to try the pizza with ranch before we did anything. “Do I have to?” he asked me, still looking a little disgusted. “Ranch is good with everything, you big baby.” I said to him, hoping it would make him want to try it. “Alright, if you say so.” He said, as he was about to put the pizza tip covered in ranch in his mouth. I waited a couple seconds to let him digest the bite. He looked over at me with surprised eyes. “It’s really not that bad, I can’t believe I never had this before” he said as he continued to dip the pizza in the pile of ranch and go for a second bite. “Told you.” I said quickly, “Now pick a movie” and pointed to all the movies I had lying out on the table in front of us. He laughed at my movie selection and picked one of the funniest on the table, “Goon” he said. “Good choice” I assured him as I got up to put the movie in.

After finishing the pizza and sipping on some wine, we were sitting on the couch and enjoying each other’s company while the movie played in the background. I didn’t even realize how much we had eaten until it was all gone. I was so full and pretty tired. Gibby interrupted my thought though…“So tell me something,” he said to me. “Anything” I replied to him. “What did you think of me before you got this job? You know, when you were just a hockey fan sitting on your couch watching the games?” I thought about the question for a while, I really wasn’t sure how to answer it. I knew what I thought, but I didn’t know if I should say it. “I thought you were a crazy fast skater.” He laughed at my answer and put his head down, as if he was expecting something a little better. “I thought you had the cutest smile I’d ever seen” I continued, “I loved how you never celebrated when you scored a goal, it was so cute and confident. I loved all of your funny tweets about your roommates,” I laughed at what I said because it was just I rambling on but it was the honest truth about my thoughts on him. “I even tweeted at you a couple times, but you never replied.” I added, just because I thought it would lighten the mood a little bit. I studied his face for a little because he didn’t say anything. He looked like he was a little more pleased with this response. He was trying to take it all in and come up with a response. I was okay with this, silence was alright with me.

He finally started to get words out of his mouth. My heart was beating pretty fast while I waited for his response, hoping it would be one that didn’t make me feel stupid for sharing all of that information. “I always get crap for not celebrating from the boys, so I’m glad someone thinks it’s okay, and it’s someone that opinion actually matters to me” as he was saying all this he was getting closer and closer to me. The space between our faces was decreasing with each pause. “I skate everyday and try to be the fastest out there, and our speed trainer is great. I’m glad someone notices” again as he was saying this, he was getting closer and closer. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I didn’t know what was about to happen but I didn’t move at all. I let him come to me. He continued with his response, he had something to say about everything I had said, “I never tweeted back at a fan tweet, because then every fan would expect it and I don’t like letting people down, even if the girl that tweets at me is the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.” This last comment left me breathless, I didn’t know what to do or say. I just stayed still; my breathing was getting heavier, as was his. I stared at his lips for a good 10 seconds until my eyes were closed and his hands were wrapped around my chin. It was all breathtaking and I was just sitting there, waiting for the next move. Finally, before I could think of anything else I felt his lips against mine. They were warm and so soft. Our lips fit perfectly with each other’s, I inched myself closer to him and wrapped my hand around the back of his neck, grabbing the ends of his hair and twisting them in my fingers. The kissing continued and our mouths moved as one. We separated from each other after what felt like the most amazing kiss I have ever had in my entire life. I couldn’t breathe and I couldn’t find the words to describe what I was feeling. We both opened our eyes and met each other’s gaze. We both smiled at the same time, we didn’t stop holding each other’s head in our hands, and it felt right. We didn’t know what to say; I know I didn’t want to leave from this spot for the rest of the night. I wanted to stay here forever. Gibby leaned back onto the couch with a grin and put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me onto his chest. He lifted his feet back onto the ottoman and I lay back down on the couch. We laid there in silence, and I don’t think it was possible for me to be any happier than I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SORRY GUYS, I'VE BEEN SUPER BUSY!!!

I hope yinz enjoy the new chapter, I PROMISE a new one will be up by this weekend!!!
Please subscribe and comment

xoxox