Part of the Pack

never-ending nightmare.

Feeling something cold beneath her, Brayden shot up and looked around. This was not her bedroom. This was the wet, dewy grass of the Beacon Hills High lacrosse field. Seeing something on the bleachers in the distance, she walked over. Seeing a body covered in blood, lying in the bleachers. Brayden's eyes widened and she moved closer towards the body. Brayden observed that the body had jaw marks sinked into his neck. It seemed blood had not only fountained out of the victim's neck, but out of his mouth as well. Seeing somebody appear behind her, she looked over her shoulder.

Standing next to her, just as frightened was Lydia Martin. They shared a panicked look, and together they screamed at the top of their lungs.

~

During school the next morning, Brayden felt as though she was tired but was completely awake thinking about the night before. As she got her books out of her locker, Scott approached her.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked her, putting a hand on her shoulder. She blinked a few times.

"W-was last night real?" she asked him. Scott gave her a sympathetic look and nodded. "It just feels like a dream you know?"

"You slept walk to the school, when you woke up on the field you found the body." Scott told her. Brayden was surprised, but said nothing and nodded her head, understanding now what had happened.

"Was Lydia asleep too?" she asked him.

"No," Scott told her. "Lydia still has nightmares from time to time, but she doesn't sleep walk anymore. Every time she has a feeling about death, or finds a body, she's completely awake. I'm not even sure if that's a good thing or bad. But that's what Derek wants to train you to do."

"Well it's definitely better than having a nightmare, only to wake up to another nightmare." Brayden sighed and closed her locker.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this, Brayden. I know it's tough, and it always will be. But you're my friend now. And I'm going to do whatever I can to protect you. And so is the rest of the pack."

"Thanks. I guess it just hasn't hit me yet that all the things I used to watch Halloween movies about when I was younger actually exist.It all still seems like I'm in this never-ending nightmare. Hopefully when it's all over I'll wake up in the hospital again or something." Brayden chuckled sarcastically. Scott just looked down.

"Hey Brayden!" Mariah called from across the hall. Brayden looked over Scott's shoulder to see her friends walking towards her and Scott.

"Oh, hi Scott!" Mariah chimed. Brayden rolled her eyes.

"Hi, um- you?" Scott scratched the back of his head awkwardly, looking at Brayden for help. Brayden smirked.

"Scott, these are my friends. That's Mariah, and this is Rebecca. Guys, this is Scott. My um-" Brayden stalled. What could she say? My pack leader/alpha?. "My friend."

"Oh yeah! You're in my English class!" he smiled at Rebecca. Rebecca nodded and smiled back.

"Well, I better go. I'll see you around, Brayden." Scott told her.

"No! Wait, stay!" Mariah said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I was just going to invite you to this party that I'm having this weekend. This Friday."

Brayden raised an eyebrow at Mariah. Scott stopped to listen.

"Yeah! I'm just having this party, my parents are out of town so it's going to be at my house and I have this cousin who's 21 so he's going to get us some drinks. It's going to be really fun. And bring anyone else. The more, the merrier."

"Yeah, I mean I've been pretty busy lately. But I'll see if I can drop by." Scott told her. "Anyways, I have to run. Nice to meet you. Bye, Brayden!"

"Yeah, see you at the me- in gym class!" Brayden replied. Brayden turned back around to see a giddy Mariah and Rebecca.

"You guys know he has a girlfriend right?" Brayden asked them.

"The word around school is, he and Kira Yukimura aren't official yet! I still have a chance." Mariah told her.

"He remembered me from English! Yay!" Rebecca grinned.

"And he said he might come to my party!" Mariah giggled.

"Yeah, by the way, when were you going to tell me you were having a party?" Brayden asked as they started walking.

"Well I was debating on it, since my parents are going to be gone this weekend. But now that Scott McCall is coming, I definitely have to have one. Do you think you could get Lydia Martin and Allison Argent to come?" Mariah asked hopefully. Brayden shrugged.

"Maybe. I'll ask them about it, but I can't make any promises." Brayden told them. "If they say no, I'm not going to keep on asking them. But I'll do my best."

"Ugh, fine." Mariah groaned. "But I'm sure everyone would come if Lydia Martin was there."

"Like I said, I'll do my best." Brayden told her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brayden Outfit

Hey guys, I know this one is kind of short but it's been sitting in my drafts for a while and I couldn't think of anything else I needed to add! Hope you guys like it.
Thanks to all my subscribers, recommenders and of course, burntogether. for commenting! Definitely loving all the positive feedback, thanks again. More action to come!
- Kennedy. xx