Status: Indefinite Hiatus...

Redesign the Broken

Memories of a Broken Heart

HIM
He knew. 

He knew that she was hiding something. Many things.

He knew that she was closed off, but he knew that she was more than perfect.

Her flaws weren’t even flaws to him.
He promised himself that he would make her feel beautiful.

They say that you can’t love someone else until you love yourself, but he was determined to prove them wrong. He would love her and he would make sure she felt loved, every second of every day. Then, and only then, he would love himself.

ME
There it is.
Breakthrough.

I could see it in his composure. He was opening his mind and finally willing to show some emotion to someone other than the framed photo of his father next to his bed.

Pride. Accomplishment. Stay strong.

HIM
*1 hour previous*
The pair had just finished the marathon and were now playing 20 questions, purely to kill time because neither of them wanted to say goodbye. Goodbye means leaving forever.

He was transfixed on her accent, her mannerisms, the way she used her hands to add emphasis to something she was passionate about; there was something about this girl that hooked him.

HER
She was well aware that slowly, the questions were delving deeper and deeper into her personal life as well as his...

It started off like a game of quick-fire:
She asked him the obvious questions;
“Favourite colour?”
“Blue”
“Favourite movie?”
“Gossip Girl”
“That’s not a movie”
“Too bad”


But, as it would seem, they were now picking apart each others once secure defenses…
“Why’d you move countries? Why not suburbs or states?”
“Family complications”
“Any best friends?”
“One”
“One? Are they in Melbourne or?”
“No, he’s… Away.”
“Your turn”
“Ok, um… Any siblings?”
“Sister; Sarah.”
“Close to your parents?”
“Yeah, my mum”
“Not your dad?”
“I guess. He’s… Away.”


Soon enough, the ‘get to know’ idea was forgotten and they had somehow transferred their topic of conversation to ‘my perfect future world’.

“So, describe your vision of your future.”
She was hoping that he would say something along the lines of finding his perfect girl, solely because of the irrelevant yet prominent wish to be that exact person.

“Well, I guess something different. I don’t want everything to continue along these lines. I mean, I hate routine and I’m relatively open to change so something uncommon and unique would be amazing. I suppose I’d want the band to at least hold our fame, because I couldn’t imagine doing anything else with my life. Uh, I’m 24 now, so I’d want to settle down; you know, find ‘the one’… I think the one thing I’d most like to see is individuality. 
I see it a lot in our fans. They speak up and they’re not afraid to be who they are. I admire that. Sometimes I wish that I could be like them, carefree,”

“You know, you help them become that carefree soul…”

“Eh, maybe. I’ve always thought that our music helped a little bit but in the end, it was all their own doing. I just wish I could tear a page out of their book and let go a little. I hate being stereotyped as the tough guy in the band, because I’m literally the opposite. Exteriors are deceiving. What about you?”
“My vision?” He nods.
“I think I’d want to travel the world, my dream is to play Warped Main Stage,”
“Really?!” She laughs and nods.
“I was studying music management and performance back in Melbourne and I just finished the course, now I just want to travel; see the world in all it’s glory. I want to be able to admire our environment from up close, not from afar. 
I suppose one thing I’ve always wanted was to separate myself from the negatives. 
I’ll let you in on a little secret: My best friend? He’s away, permanently. He passed away. I think you could call that my most major turning point,” She hastily lifts the left side of her top, revealing the script-font tattoo and the other… ‘lines’.
“Are they?...”
“Yeah… Anyway, when he passed, I knew I wanted to see the world for the both of us. 
I don’t want to see a world that’s completely focused on technology. Music in particular, I don’t want to see people creating music through loops and pre-made tracks. I mean, there’s so much beauty in playing an instrument or singing your own lyrics. 
I guess, overall, I just don’t want to see the world cave in on it’s own developments. We underestimate the strength of our knowledge, we misjudge just how powerful it really is…”

“Do you ever think you’ll struggle to get where you want to go?”
“Eh, an obstacle is never permanent if you don’t let it take control.”

“That’s beyond perfect Stella…”

“We’re in control Dan…”
♠ ♠ ♠
*Title cred goes to Crown the Empire.

Two chapters in less than 24 hours, I'm proud of myself yo.
Extended the run out until the next outfit, just wanted to separate certain parts and everything.
Next chapter is in the making and I'll be posting an update timetable as well. Thankyou ! Stay golden, x